Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Oh yeah, and a train has finally arrived at westcombe park answer isnow so full that the doors won’t shut :(
  • Signal failure at Slade Green . Woolwich line completely screwed.

Wish i'd stayed in bed
  • The one train left on the Woolwich line that has not been cancelled is broken due to people leaning on the doors.
  • Another happy day in Shitsville. It’s not even bad weather.
  • The train doors closed in the end and the driver breezily announces that we will now be running fast through to Cannon Street. ‘It’s a Christmas miracle’ he said.

The half of the carriage I was on who were hoping to get out at Greenwich did not agree.
  • The train doors closed in the end and the driver breezily announces that we will now be running fast through to Cannon Street. ‘It’s a Christmas miracle’ he said.

The half of the carriage I was on who were hoping to get out at Greenwich did not agree.

I let that train go thinking it was a bit crowded, i'll get the next one. Just after it pulls out of the station they cancel all the following trains!
  • Its a bit harsh having a go at the driver, I doubt he made that decision but was changed by someone more senior to miss stops so the train arrived within schedule at Cannon Street.
  • iaitch said:

Its a bit harsh having a go at the driver, I doubt he made that decision but was changed by someone more senior to miss stops so the train arrived within schedule at Cannon Street.

He didn't bother to relay the message until we were under way. It was "it's a miracle I've closed the doors, and by the way we are non stop to Cannon Street" One woman at Cannon Street was claiming it was like being kidnapped.
  • Fair enough, I didn't read that bit. Hang him high then.

The 'kidnapped' woman was a bit over the top though!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2017

Another happy day in Shitsville. It’s not even bad weather.

It's about 12C, dry, no strong winds, fog or mist. I think you'll find, if you consult the glossary in South Eastern's Service Delivery Protocol Document, that days like today fall within the category headed "Extreme or treacherous weather conditions".
  • There hasn't been a trespassser on the Greenwich line for a while, oops sorry if you're travelling that way later.
  • iaitch said:

Fair enough, I didn't read that bit. Hang him high then.

The 'kidnapped' woman was a bit over the top though!!!!

Not that over the top, "locked" in a train and taken somewhere you don't want to go is pretty close to kidnapping.
    I get locked in a train and taken to somewhere I don't want to go every f***ing day. I have to though, otherwise I won't get paid.
    Your wife pays you to go home at night?

;)
  • HarryLime said:

iaitch said:

Its a bit harsh having a go at the driver, I doubt he made that decision but was changed by someone more senior to miss stops so the train arrived within schedule at Cannon Street.

He didn't bother to relay the message until we were under way. It was "it's a miracle I've closed the doors, and by the way we are non stop to Cannon Street" One woman at Cannon Street was claiming it was like being kidnapped.
    Easy, just pull the emergency cord as you're approaching the station you need to get off at.
  • Missed It said:

Signal failure at Slade Green . Woolwich line completely screwed.

Wish i'd stayed in bed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rmAi9XmlIo
  • MrLargo said:

Another happy day in Shitsville. It’s not even bad weather.

It's about 12C, dry, no strong winds, fog or mist. I think you'll find, if you consult the glossary in South Eastern's Service Delivery Protocol Document, that days like today fall within the category headed "Extreme or treacherous weather conditions".
    Mr Large; you are the leading authority on the crappyness of Southeastern!
    Able to recite a number of debacles and the endless book of excuses at will.
    Keep ern coming!
  • I came across the 'leaf fall' timetable while looking up train times from my somewhat remote Kent station.

Can't wait to see the 'snow fall', 'rain fall', 'land slip', and 'conker fall' timetables.

NB I also noticed the prices of early morning trains to Victoria from here are roughly £30 return, but the one that gets you to London in time for work, i.e. arrives at Victoria at 08.03, is hiked up to £42.

Just that one train!

Robbing bastards!

• Sponsored links:

• You poor things. I comuted from Kidbrooke to Cannon St from 1971 to 1978 first weekly was a pound. Trains always late, never got a seat, standing usually in a smoker it’s wonder I’m still alive from all that shit. To cap it all there was a national strike about 74 for about 6 weeks I think. Had to walk from Ferrier to New Cross starting at 5am so I could catch the underground because buses were full. Some thing don’t change. Then the same for the evening as well.
  • I came across the 'leaf fall' timetable while looking up train times from my somewhat remote Kent station.

Can't wait to see the 'snow fall', 'rain fall', 'land slip', and 'conker fall' timetables.

NB I also noticed the prices of early morning trains to Victoria from here are roughly £30 return, but the one that gets you to London in time for work, i.e. arrives at Victoria at 08.03, is hiked up to £42.

Just that one train!

Robbing bastards!

You forgot to mention the timetable for heat distortion of the rails due to our tropical summers.
  • MrLargo said:

This is interesting (it's not that interesting though, don't plan the rest of your day around when you're going to read this):

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/170984.aspx

These four TOCs, all of whom operate services in the South East, haven't found it necessary to introduce an amended timetable. Thameslink even run some of their services on the same lines as South Eastern (admittedly Southern have pretty much given up on even pretending to be a train operator).

C2C Essex
    London Overground
    Southern
    Thameslink

Also interesting - 10 of South Eastern's lines subject to an amended timetable Monday to Friday, but only 6 on Saturday and Sunday. Apparently leaves only fall between Monday and Friday on the Hayes and Medway lines.

I'm not really sure what point I'm trying to make, but I'm sure that somewhere within those statistics is further evidence that South Eastern Trains are an incomptent bunch of thieves, cads and bounders.

Anyway, after 20 minutes of looking at timetable stuff, I'm feeling pretty hot and flushed. Think it's time I grabbed my copy of Rolling Stock Monthly and headed off to the Gents for a bit of lubricated relaxation.

I love it so much when you do one of these posts on this thread. Really makes my day.
  • Acab said:

You poor things. I comuted from Kidbrooke to Cannon St from 1971 to 1978 first weekly was a pound. Trains always late, never got a seat, standing usually in a smoker it’s wonder I’m still alive from all that shit. To cap it all there was a national strike about 74 for about 6 weeks I think. Had to walk from Ferrier to New Cross starting at 5am so I could catch the underground because buses were full. Some thing don’t change. Then the same for the evening as well.

Why didn't you get Acab?
    If there was s post of the year award, this would get my vote. Still laughing now 3 minutes later
  • Acab said:

You poor things. I comuted from Kidbrooke to Cannon St from 1971 to 1978 first weekly was a pound. Trains always late, never got a seat, standing usually in a smoker it’s wonder I’m still alive from all that shit. To cap it all there was a national strike about 74 for about 6 weeks I think. Had to walk from Ferrier to New Cross starting at 5am so I could catch the underground because buses were full. Some thing don’t change. Then the same for the evening as well.

Why didn't you get Acab?
    Chuckle chuckle
  • MrLargo said:

This is interesting (it's not that interesting though, don't plan the rest of your day around when you're going to read this):

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/170984.aspx

These four TOCs, all of whom operate services in the South East, haven't found it necessary to introduce an amended timetable. Thameslink even run some of their services on the same lines as South Eastern (admittedly Southern have pretty much given up on even pretending to be a train operator).

C2C Essex
    London Overground
    Southern
    Thameslink

Also interesting - 10 of South Eastern's lines subject to an amended timetable Monday to Friday, but only 6 on Saturday and Sunday. Apparently leaves only fall between Monday and Friday on the Hayes and Medway lines.

I'm not really sure what point I'm trying to make, but I'm sure that somewhere within those statistics is further evidence that South Eastern Trains are an incomptent bunch of thieves, cads and bounders.

Anyway, after 20 minutes of looking at timetable stuff, I'm feeling pretty hot and flushed. Think it's time I grabbed my copy of Rolling Stock Monthly and headed off to the Gents for a bit of lubricated relaxation.

You need to get Today's Railways (UK) edition. £42 for 12 issues, a bargain.

They have a section at the back for readers letters entitled 'Grumpy Old Man'.
    I'm thinking of sending a few of the CL posts there :-)