Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Dunno what all the fuss is about.

The 7.26 Shepherds Well to Dover Priory was fine this morning. Window seat, facing front with table, and it arrived on time.

The 7.26 Shepherds Well to Dover Priory was fine this morning. Window seat, facing front with table, and it arrived on time.

Try getting it in the other bloody direction.

Haven't been to Shepherds Well for years. Pal's family had a big house across the green from The Bell Inn. Had some great times down there. Is The Bell still there @man_at_milletts?
  • TelMc32 said:

Dunno what all the fuss is about.

Haven't been to Shepherds Well for years. Pal's family had a big house across the green from The Bell Inn. Had some great times down there. Is The Bell still there @man_at_milletts?
    Good old days, still pass through there when going to the brother in laws.
  • edited November 2017
    TelMc32 said:

Dunno what all the fuss is about.

Yes it is. It's just been taken over by new management and apparently it's pretty good. Lovely place, we've only been here a month but so far it's been really welcoming.

And of course, the East Kent Railway is just nearby too ;-)

Edit, the Bricklayers has closed for good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Signal failure somewhere tonight. The one time I thought. That's not my line. It can't effect me. Hahaha nope. They add 4 stops to my train. Not only will this take longer but there are now double the amount of people on the train as theirs has been cancelled.

Geese on the line at Kearsney, apparently. All rounded up now. Get the oven on!
  • Farkin signal failure again this morning.... ffs. When isn't there a signal failure...
  • It's snowing here in Shepherds Well. I'd better get up the Co-op and strip the shelves of milk and bread.
  • Should have been in London 20 mins ago. Still a long way away....
  • The trains in Zurich are running on time.
  • Still not in... at least I'll get £3.40 back through delay repay. Yay
  • Cant wait for my new role to start... Although I'll still be based in Orpington the first month will see me travelling into London to do training - Of course that first month has to be December so no doubt will be making an eager proper return to this thread!!
  • And they wonder why productivity growth is poor in the UK eh Canters...
  • Cant wait for my new role to start... Although I'll still be based in Orpington the first month will see me travelling into London to do training - Of course that first month has to be December so no doubt will be making an eager proper return to this thread!!

no trains into London Bridge, Waterloo East, Charing Cross and Cannon Street from 24 December to 02 January.

• Sponsored links:

• Surely you mean

no punctual , warm , correct length trains into London Bridge, Waterloo East, Charing Cross and Cannon Street from 02 January to 24 December

no trains into London Bridge, Waterloo East, Charing Cross and Cannon Street from 24 December to 02 January.

Yeah I remember an earlier post warning of this - thanks for the remind though

Thankfully I've managed to agree to work from Orpington between Christmas and New Year so wont have to worry
  • It's snowing so that's all I need to say...
  • Still not in... at least I'll get £3.40 back through delay repay. Yay

I remember I had one week where there was a freight train splayed across the tracks at Lewisham, and it took five days to clear it. I get on at Lee or Hither Green, so this effectively meant no trains for a week.

Through liberal claims on delay repay, I got back something like £68 on five days' worth of travel, when I use a monthly zone 1-3 travelcard. That ain't too bad to be fair.

Do you do any work?

:-)
    Not really tbh.
  • edited November 2017

It's snowing so that's all I need to say...

Do you do any work?

Not really tbh.
    I thought so.

It seems that you slag off Southeastern for not doing their jobs properly, and yet......

;-)

Do you do any work?

Not really tbh.
    I thought so.

It seems that you slag off Southeastern for not doing their jobs properly, and yet......

;-)
    I do my job properly, just takes half the amount of time they expect. I spend every other week permanently on here.... ;)
  • edited November 2017

It's snowing so that's all I need to say...

Do you do any work?

Not really tbh.
    I thought so.

;-)
    I do my job properly, just takes half the amount of time they expect. I spend every other week permanently on here.... ;)
    In all honesty I'm just having a slow day and am between 'Urgent' bits of work....