Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• MrLargo said:

Cant wait for my new role to start... Although I'll still be based in Orpington the first month will see me travelling into London to do training - Of course that first month has to be December so no doubt will be making an eager proper return to this thread!!

no trains into London Bridge, Waterloo East, Charing Cross and Cannon Street from 24 December to 02 January.

https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/tickets/tickets-explained/season-tickets

Annual Season Tickets are the best value option – the cost is the same as 40 weekly Season Tickets, so you’ll get 12 weeks of travel for free – plus lots of extra benefits.

12 weeks free of travel? Except that in August it was Thameslink stuff for a week, "please stay at home, move house, get a new job, just don't get on our trains" and it's the same again for 9 days over Christmas and New Year - "make sure you've got a plan B, because we're hardly running any trains and the ones we are running won't be going where you want them to go and will inevitably be late, cancelled and unfit for habitation by anyone higher up the evolutionary scale than a cockroach."

You thieving shits. If I wasn't conscious of how under-resourced the police are then I'd be reporting these feckless guttersnipes for fraud, theft and misrepresentation.

One of these days I'm gonna eat five chicken vindaloos, storm their CEO's office, lock the door, strip off and wait for nature to take its course.
    And what happens when you try and get a refund on your season ticket when you dont need it anymore?
    South Eastern claim you get the first 12 weeks of travel free so no refunds.

Don't get me started on the #SEhiddengems hash tag that they've been pushing for the last 18 months. In protest, every tweet or facebook post has used the same hashtag with the picture of an empty platform when the train doesnt turn up!
  • JohnBoyUK said:

MrLargo said:

Cant wait for my new role to start... Although I'll still be based in Orpington the first month will see me travelling into London to do training - Of course that first month has to be December so no doubt will be making an eager proper return to this thread!!

no trains into London Bridge, Waterloo East, Charing Cross and Cannon Street from 24 December to 02 January.

Annual Season Tickets are the best value option – the cost is the same as 40 weekly Season Tickets, so you’ll get 12 weeks of travel for free – plus lots of extra benefits.

12 weeks free of travel? Except that in August it was Thameslink stuff for a week, "please stay at home, move house, get a new job, just don't get on our trains" and it's the same again for 9 days over Christmas and New Year - "make sure you've got a plan B, because we're hardly running any trains and the ones we are running won't be going where you want them to go and will inevitably be late, cancelled and unfit for habitation by anyone higher up the evolutionary scale than a cockroach."

You thieving shits. If I wasn't conscious of how under-resourced the police are then I'd be reporting these feckless guttersnipes for fraud, theft and misrepresentation.

One of these days I'm gonna eat five chicken vindaloos, storm their CEO's office, lock the door, strip off and wait for nature to take its course.
    And what happens when you try and get a refund on your season ticket when you dont need it anymore?
    Didn't know about that, unbelievable. Honestly, I wish I had the time available to just dedicate myself full time to complaining to South Eastern, the DfT, the Prime Minister, the European Commission and the Court of Human Rights. These people are a f*#king disgrace, and the fact that they're allowed to continue in this manner is also a f%#king disgrace.
  • I wonder if the snowflake that fell about 3 hours ago at Cannon St has ground SE to a halt...
  • JohnBoyUK said:

MrLargo said:

Don't get me started on the #SEhiddengems hash tag that they've been pushing for the last 18 months. In protest, every tweet or facebook post has used the same hashtag with the picture of an empty platform when the train doesnt turn up!
    really? I thought on an annual you get a pro-rata refund of any whole months left on the ticket.

• JohnBoyUK said:

MrLargo said:

really? I thought on an annual you get a pro-rata refund of any whole months left on the ticket.

Actually, I take back what I said. They've changed that fairly recently then. That wasnt the case when I applied.
    https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/help-and-contact/get-in-touch/refunds
  • JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

MrLargo said:

Actually, I take back what I said. They've changed that fairly recently then. That wasnt the case when I applied.
    https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/help-and-contact/get-in-touch/refunds
    This changes nothing. South Eastern Trains are still the sworn enemy of every civilised citizen in South East London and the Garden of England.
  • MrLargo said:

This changes nothing. South Eastern Trains are still the sworn enemy of every civilised citizen in South East London and the Garden of England.

Ha, I meant to type similar!
  • Sponsored links:

• I can’t remember the last time I got a train that didn’t arrive at its destination late. Especially on the morning commute into London.
  • According to the staff at Barnehurst, this mornings delays were down to a broken down train in the Lewisham Area, according to the train driver it was due to adverse weather conditions "imagine trying to drive your car on a frozen lake covered in washing up liquid and that's what we have to try and do with a train "

Fuck off mate.

The sooner we get driverless trains the better.
  • The article mentions about making more space on trains, does that mean less seats and more standing?

• edited December 2017
    iaitch said:

The article mentions about making more space on trains, does that mean less seats and more standing?

Afraid not. The 07.54 seen here leaving Sidcup sidings.

• iaitch said:

The article mentions about making more space on trains, does that mean less seats and more standing?

Eventually it will be standing only - the next step to making it 100% cattle class.

• edited December 2017

iaitch said:

I bet the heating’s still on.
  • iaitch said:

I bet the heating’s still on.
    I wouldn't have thought any was needed ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• According to the staff at Barnehurst, this mornings delays were down to a broken down train in the Lewisham Area, according to the train driver it was due to adverse weather conditions "imagine trying to drive your car on a frozen lake covered in washing up liquid and that's what we have to try and do with a train "

Fuck off mate.

They only go about 10mph as it is!
  • Tonight there is a problem with lineside equipment. Got that one on your list Mr Largo? New one for me.
  • My bike is broke (again), so had to get the train this morning.

- Train was delayed because the train in front had an issue.
    - Train in front eventually pulled up at the platform and kicks off all the passengers.
    - After a period of time driver comes down the platform shutting all doors individually (I guess to make sure everyone was off the train).
    - Train eventually leaves.
    - My train turns up.
    - My train decides to Terminate at London Bridge.

In short, try to avoid getting a train until my bike is fixed as I seem to have shit luck with life.
  • 1905 said:

iaitch said:

Eventually it will be standing only - the next step to making it 100% cattle class.

No way, have you seen the requirements for cattle class?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/farm-animal-welfare-during-transportation
  • No heating on the train to Ramsgate this morning. Fantastic once again Southeastern.
  • Funny that. My train is absolutely boiling today. Like a sauna.

I reckon that because the heating isn't working in yours they've turned it up on all other trains to ensure the average temperature across all trains isn't affected! ;)