Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Solidgone said:

Solidgone said:

Is this the Orient Express?

That is the Belmond British Pullman of the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express group. Gorgeous train.
    Shame that it isn't pulled by a lovely steam locomotive but is infact pushed by a dirty diesel engine.
    I thought it was a freight train about to pass through sittingbourne station when I first looked at the train. But what caught my attention was the DB sign on the front of the engine which begged the question, why is a Deutsche Bahn train doing here - either lost or we are being invaded ;o) So I was surprised when I saw the carriages full of diners.
    I’ve not showed any interest in trains before and suspected that my spanner roots (born on the old Kent road) were still lurking but I think I’m now a fully fledged Addick - Hurrah!
    Are you sure it was a DB sign? I'd be surprised if they got past Mainwaring and his troops guarding the Novelty Rock Emporium.
    Definite
  • Takes more than a bit of snow down in Kent ;-)
  • Phew train currently on time again today and even get a big bit of chocolate at Strood this morning as they've finished the new ticket office :)
  • How can cleaning be a health and safety issue in "some locations" but not in others?! Does Ramsgate have different Health and Safety regulations to Dover Priory?! Pathetic excuse.

• Big problems all day at Lewisham. Take care out there people....
  • Due to be fixed by 4pm. Not a cat in hell's chance the trains will run tonight properly.
  • Victoria train diverted down Sidcup line.
    Seen a load of blokes in orange wrapping loads of gaffa tape around the points outside Lewisham.
    Stuck on a train in platform four for past quarter of an jour
  • edited December 2017
    I f*$king knew it. Despite the poor weather conditions, they weren't that bad this morning - I would probably class their service as "extremely mediocre, very poor value for money", which is obviously a huge step up from "a national disgrace, an international embarrassment, their board of directors should be imprisoned for crimes against humanity", which is my default position.

They couldn't do it for a whole day though, the f*#king parasites, so it'll be a lovely journey home for all of us, battling through the crowds at Cannon Street at Charing Cross, trying to get an answer on when the next train might be from one of their nitwitted platform staff and then sitting on a stationary train for 20 mins somewhere between London Bridge and New Cross.

Tweeted this at 10am, still not fixed it but undoubtedly found time for about 8 tea breaks and a slap-up breakfast in Maggie's. Arseholes.

• Sponsored links:

• FFS. Although I'm back at work, I'm still not feeling great so can't even cheer myself up by having a beer with @AFKABartram (I might be persuaded though mate)

• Trains going down the Abbey Wood line should skip the issues at Lewisham shouldnt they? - Not trying to piss take just wondering if its worth going over to St. Pancras and getting the High Speed home instead tonight
  • slags my train is at 17.31 and they've already decided that its cancelled.
  • also i thought they reinvested there profits into there tracks etc, the lewisham signals are beyond unreliable
  • I got the Sidcup line out of Charing Cross at 4:22 and it was carnage by LB. must of heard a record number of “move down please”
  • Having commuted for 30 years I really don't miss it and rarely get a train. Whenever I do though there is always problems. Trying to get to CHX this evening, probably would have been easier to have flown to the moon.
  • Can’t be arsed with it. Going to the closest station that still has trains and getting an uber. Hate these bastards ruining every evening.
  • Trains going down the Abbey Wood line should skip the issues at Lewisham shouldnt they? - Not trying to piss take just wondering if its worth going over to St. Pancras and getting the High Speed home instead tonight

You would have thought so. But they've found a way. The train I usually catch is currently advertised as 17 minutes late.

Utter useless bastards.
  • Couldn’t get a cab so just walked.

I literally managed to walk home quicker than southeastern could get me there
  • Sponsored links:

• Okay got out of London on my train fine yet then stuck at a red light by Slade Green meaning I'll be home 15mins late - Useless bastards!!
  • Two Sidcup Lines cancelled in a row.
  • Couldn’t get a cab so just walked.

Leeds to South London.
    I admire your stamina

How many times will I have to explain this
    I know sorry mate.

Not really
  • Macronate said:

Couldn’t get a cab so just walked.

Leeds to South London.
    I admire your stamina

How many times will I have to explain this
    Do you not live in Leeds?
    Right this is the last time, in future I will just direct people to this comment here.

I lived in Leeds for Uni which is when I made the account. I am now back home in sunny Greenwich.
    You know what you're getting every time you post about location or travelling. :)

Much like every time TCE posts about his cats I ask him if he likes dogs. Or something like that.