Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• I am on the train to and from Victoria tomorrow so they best be behaving themselves.
  • I am on the train to and from Victoria tomorrow so they best be behaving themselves.

I'm not. I'm working from home so they'll probably be fine.
  • Went up London today and continued to see a load of blue jackets seemingly doing nothing at all. Not a bad job to have, you could get paid to earpiece improving podcasts and then qualify as a lawyer.
  • seth plum said:

Went up London today and continued to see a load of blue jackets seemingly doing nothing at all. Not a bad job to have, you could get paid to earpiece improving podcasts and then qualify as a lawyer.

Lawyers?? You haven’t had much interaction with SE employees have you mate.
    LOL well no, they don't seem to welcome any interaction at all. Do the blue jackets have an actual function, or are they employed to get staffing levels to the right number?
  • Not heard "Operational Incident" before. Nice and vague, covers

seth plum said:

Went up London today and continued to see a load of blue jackets seemingly doing nothing at all. Not a bad job to have, you could get paid to earpiece improving podcasts and then qualify as a lawyer.

Lawyers?? You haven’t had much interaction with SE employees have you mate.
    Maybe that's how Katrien qualified.
  • Commuting in and out of Woolwich does have some small benefits. I give thanks to the DLR!
  • Sponsored links:

• We are going to fuck yeh over all over Christmas as we have all year and suck it up because if we tell you loud enough and early enough your come back is how big mate? Non-existent.

Multiple swear words a la Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, jerrry sadowitz, et al.
  • My train service kidnapped people this morning! It was meant to stop at stations along Woolwich line, but as it was running late (as usual!) it was decided to not stop it after Woolwich Arsenal - fine if you got on at Dartford but they didn't bother to announce the change after that, so plenty of people ended up at Cannon Street instead of Greenwich etc.
  • Wilma said:

My train service kidnapped people this morning! It was meant to stop at stations along Woolwich line, but as it was running late (as usual!) it was decided to not stop it after Woolwich Arsenal - fine if you got on at Dartford but they didn't bother to announce the change after that, so plenty of people ended up at Cannon Street instead of Greenwich etc.

Did you have your earphones in when the muffled announcement came through? Sounds like an operational incident, should've pulled the chord at Greenwich and climbed out the window
  • ads said:

Wilma said:

My train service kidnapped people this morning! It was meant to stop at stations along Woolwich line, but as it was running late (as usual!) it was decided to not stop it after Woolwich Arsenal - fine if you got on at Dartford but they didn't bother to announce the change after that, so plenty of people ended up at Cannon Street instead of Greenwich etc.

Did you have your earphones in when the muffled announcement came through? Sounds like an operational incident, should've pulled the chord at Greenwich and climbed out the window
    I was going to Cannon Street anyway so it didn't bother me. I would love to see someone attempting to climb out of a window of a Southeastern train though!
  • Get a nice early dart from work ready for Christmas, get to the station and it's all delays and cancellations. No prizes for guessing what the problem was.
  • Depends on a) the equivalence of the roles b ) how much you go out in London after work

If the answer is a) broadly equivalent and b ) I can do without it then why wouldn’t you drive in?
  • Get a nice early dart from work ready for Christmas, get to the station and it's all delays and cancellations. No prizes for guessing what the problem was.

They were a disgrace this morning as well, took me until 2 o'clock this afternoon to unclench my fists and ungrit my teeth. Their shitness at making trains get from A to B somewhere near the scheduled time is bad enough, but they just make it worse with their inability to communicate properly. Wasted 15 minutes this morning watching their platform display tell me that my train was permanently one minute away. When it arrived, the driver tells us it's terminating at New Cross rather than Cannon Street. Why couldn't you just tell me that 15 minutes ago, you useless twats?!
  • MrLargo said:

Get a nice early dart from work ready for Christmas, get to the station and it's all delays and cancellations. No prizes for guessing what the problem was.

They were a disgrace this morning as well, took me until 2 o'clock this afternoon to unclench my fists and ungrit my teeth. Their shitness at making trains get from A to B somewhere near the scheduled time is bad enough, but they just make it worse with their inability to communicate properly. Wasted 15 minutes this morning watching their platform display tell me that my train was permanently one minute away. When it arrived, the driver tells us it's terminating at New Cross rather than Cannon Street. Why couldn't you just tell me that 15 minutes ago, you useless twats?!
    Breath in and relaaaaaaaaaxxx...............
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

Get a nice early dart from work ready for Christmas, get to the station and it's all delays and cancellations. No prizes for guessing what the problem was.

Mr Largo, what do you think of their "we've cancelled your train you need a plan B" ?
  • MrLargo said:

Mr Largo, what do you think of their "we've cancelled your train you need a plan B" ?
    Popcorn at the ready!!!!
  • MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

This is the South Eastern website page covering season tickets: https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/tickets/tickets-explained/season-tickets

It says, in the bit regarding annual season tickets, that "you’ll get 12 weeks of travel for free". For the week or so around the August bank holiday they effectively said "please don't use our trains. If you do, it'll be overcrowded, late and not going where you want it to go." The message is exactly the same for 11 days over Christmas - "please don't use our trains, we're creating our own version of hell for the next fortnight." The station I get on at, St Johns, is actually completely closed for that entire period. All of this without even factoring in the engineering works virtually every weekend and the absolute dogshit service that we have to suffer, day in, day out.

Put this scenario into the context of a business that doesn't have captive customers:

- Got a Netflix subscription? We'd rather you didn't watch anything at all but, if you really must watch something, I'm afraid you'll be restricted to Mary Poppins or Fast and Furious 3 for the next fortnight. You still need to pay the full price though.

- Charlton season ticket holder? Our next two home games will be played under cover of darkness. Supporters who still wish to attend will be not be allowed to look at the pitch and will instead be forced to watch a live stream of Roland eating his dinner.

It's outrageous. If any other business behaved like this they'd have Trading Standards all over them. Arseholes.

Worked myself into an angry frenzy writing that. I'm a Charlton supporter, trains are supposed to bring feelings of love and happiness. Instead of that, all I want to do is hurl darts at the poster above my bed of a 465 Networker.
    I've pressed lol, but that's more of an appreciation lol. I can't bring myself to like anything about southeastern.

I love moaning, sorry not moaning, pointing out how the hiving out of everything helps nobody but a handful of cretinous, vulgar people who make a lot of money from tupe'ing people and moving further and further away from any sort of tangible accountancy or ownership or responsibility. How quiet has everything gone about the terrible fire at Grenfell tower? Sub-sub-sub. Blame a sub-contractor.

I think the same about utilities as well, and healthcare. It's not even about wanting to renationailse, I just want these arseholes who are getting insanely wealthy off the back of millions of people's misery and frustration to be taken to account and held to it.

The dereliction of duty and responsibility is vanishing, within the last decade it's never been quicker. Buy an appliance or electrical device from a retailer, it fucks up, take it back to the retailer, retailler tells you to contact the manufacturer. SO WHY DID I BUY IT FROM YOU CUNTS AS OPPOSED TO THE MANUFACTURER, IN DOING SO KEEPING THE PAPER THIN ECONOMY AFLOAT WHICH IS BUILT ON THE FUCKING SERVICE INDUSTRY OF ALL THINGS.

Me and some mates of mine got really, really bad food poisoning from a place in Maidstone about 7 years ago. They bought, handled, prepared and cooked us food that made us all lose days of work and on some of the cases have to present to A&E yet they refused to apologise even, they blamed the supplier. The supplier only supplies the raw ingredients. What is now stopping any shithole food establishment serving up carpaccio chicken if they can blame Bernard Matthews?

I'm going to bed
  • Virgin trains. Travelled down at the end of October from 'the north' to London. The journey took 2 and a half hours longer than scheduled. Applied for refund on 30th October. Received no acknowledgement. Chased up and told was in the queue. Booked original tickets online so shouldn't have been a problem for them to refund me within the 28 day period. Finally received the payment today nearly two months later with 2 apologies, one for the journey and the other for the delayed refund. Glad I got the money back but what a joke the whole process is.
  • Ticket prices hiked up unjustifiably again despite substandard services and not enough trains.

I'd like to hear more from one traveller who can never seem to find a seat no matter how busy the trains are:

• iaitch said:

Re-nationalise them and bring back the good old days of trains running on time, cheap fares and plenty of capacity!!!!!

100% this