Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• the 6.14 from Welling to Cannon St is now the 6.16 for some strange reason??, and now sits at London Bridge for a good 5 mins !
  • With London Bridge now re-opened I have yet to reach my destination within 5 minutes of the schedule arrival time. So that was well worth the time and money spent on these so-called improvements! Plus, all the people who were previously on half-empty Charing Cross trains to get to London Bridge seem to have now decided that massively crowded Cannon St trains are a much nicer option for them.

New year, same old bollocks.
  • Last night's train home from Blackfriars was 4 coaches instead of 8. Completely rammed before setting so much so that no-one could get on at The Elephant, the first stop. No working toilets on it either. This morning's train up 4 coaches instead of 8. The guard gives his apologies but triumphantly announces we have 2 working toilets. Twats.
  • Get to just outside my station right about on time and then proceed to sit there for 15 mins like a duck. Happens at least twice a week. Incredibly frustrating.

No major issue as I'm not trying to get anywhere on time but still annoying as I know I could be home by now...
  • Just went to check TheTrainLine live times and got this:

18:39 London Cannon Street Plat. 3
    Southeastern
    Delayed

18:42 London Cannon Street Plat. 3
    Southeastern
    Exp. 18:50

18:44 Hayes (Kent) Plat. 1
    Southeastern
    Exp. 18:49

18:45 Dartford Plat. 6
    Southeastern
    Exp. 18:48

18:46 London Charing Cross Plat. 8
    Southeastern
    Exp. 18:48

18:47 Crayford Plat. 7
    Southeastern
    Exp. 18:49

18:48 London Cannon Street Plat. 3
    Southeastern
    Exp. 18:52

18:48Ramsgate Plat. 2
    Southeastern
    Exp. 18:54

---

Granted, not all of these are massive delays, BUT THEY'RE ALL DELAYED

IT'S DELAYS ALL THE WAY DOWN

There's more and I can't be arsed to post them hahahahaha hahahaha haha hah. Great yeah.
  • Rizzo said:

With London Bridge now re-opened I have yet to reach my destination within 5 minutes of the schedule arrival time. So that was well worth the time and money spent on these so-called improvements! Plus, all the people who were previously on half-empty Charing Cross trains to get to London Bridge seem to have now decided that massively crowded Cannon St trains are a much nicer option for them.

New year, same old bollocks.

Not sure which way round it is but between 7am and 8am two Cannon Street and two Charing Cross don’t stop at lewisham/London Bridge.
  • Bad timing by me, the tube or whatever just led me to miss a Sidcup and eltham train by minutes, the Sevenoaks train which i sometimes catch to change at hither green was cancelled and the next Sidcup train was delayed.
    3 guards standing around having a chat train side no where near actual people.

The ‘expected arrival’ times of a few trains just turns to ‘delayed’ that’s got to be the most frustrating update.

It might as well update to ‘fuck knows, who cares’

The eltham train was going to beat the arrival of the Sidcup train to Charing Cross so I’m on it and hoping the wait for the bus home isn’t too long. Another shitty long day not helped by southeastern.
  • I was wondering why there is now a fight for seats on the trains despite going from 8 to 10 carriages, it's because the fuckers have almost literally halved the number of seats in each carriage! The ones we had before have, by my reckoning, 94 seats in each carriage. The ones we've got now have 48! So the trains have gone from 752 seats to 480, nearly 40% fewer seats!

CUNTS!!!!!
  • the 6.14 from Welling to Cannon St is now the 6.16 for some strange reason??, and now sits at London Bridge for a good 5 mins !

I was on that one :neutral:
  • Sponsored links:

• Rizzo said:

I was wondering why there is now a fight for seats on the trains despite going from 8 to 10 carriages, it's because the fuckers have almost literally halved the number of seats in each carriage! The ones we had before have, by my reckoning, 94 seats in each carriage. The ones we've got now have 48! So the trains have gone from 752 seats to 480, nearly 40% fewer seats!

CUNTS!!!!!

That's been on the cards for years. The cunts know they can cram more people in standing, they started removing the seats years ago. Each newer carriage has had less seats than the one before. Pretty soon they'll literally just be cattle wagons.
  • Here's a cracking blog post that dissects just how much these pricks are lying to us and getting away with it - note, this is Great Northern, not SE or Southern, but the principle is exactly the same - they've removed seats and, laughably, haven't even increased standing capacity (presumably because of the shit design of the carriages)

https://grumpytrainuser.wordpress.com/2017/06/18/reduction-in-seats-on-great-northern-trains-tofrom-cambridge-from-may-2017/
  • Just finished a night shift this morning , 6.26 from Cannon St ten minutes late , get to Charlton and driver pipes up that the Train will be fast through to Dartford . Made the rest of my journey by bus as I couldn't rely on the nest one being cancelled , I think I might switch to the DLR from Woolwich in future .
  • Delays after someone pulled the alarm at Lewisham.

Good luck to all of us travelling any time soon.

Yaaaay.
  • I haven’t gone back to work after Christmas yet but reading this thread makes me think it was a good decision to resign and get a job in Tunbridge Wells. Roll on march
  • Tough day at work. Been going full out to meet a big deadline Monday. Finally had a breakthrough and looks like I've cracked it so decide I can leave work at half 6. Get on the train hoping for something resembling quiet so I can relax and nap. Haha you gotta be joking. There's a screaming child, a snoring fat man, numerous people shouting into their phones one woman's phone going ping every 30 seconds and so many twats coughing like they're about to die.

Doing my nut in. One cnut has had 3 different phone conversations. Each time one shuts up another one starts off. Argghggh
  • edited January 2018

Tough day at work. Been going full out to meet a big deadline Monday. Finally had a breakthrough and looks like I've cracked it so decide I can leave work at half 6. Get on the train hoping for something resembling quiet so I can relax and nap. Haha you gotta be joking. There's a screaming child, a snoring fat man, numerous people shouting into their phones one woman's phone going ping every 30 seconds and so many twats coughing like they're about to die.

Doing my nut in. One cnut has had 3 different phone conversations. Each time one shuts up another one starts off. Argghggh

Only another @40 years to go.

More like 50+

*crys*
  • Tough day at work. Been going full out to meet a big deadline Monday. Finally had a breakthrough and looks like I've cracked it so decide I can leave work at half 6. Get on the train hoping for something resembling quiet so I can relax and nap. Haha you gotta be joking. There's a screaming child, a snoring fat man, numerous people shouting into their phones one woman's phone going ping every 30 seconds and so many twats coughing like they're about to die.

More like 50+

*crys*
    You’ll go over way before then @cantersaddick if you don’t chill out.

For most....commuting by train is a necessary and pretty shit experience.

You can’t do much to change it.....so just accept it and go with the flow.
  • edited January 2018

Tough day at work. Been going full out to meet a big deadline Monday. Finally had a breakthrough and looks like I've cracked it so decide I can leave work at half 6. Get on the train hoping for something resembling quiet so I can relax and nap. Haha you gotta be joking. There's a screaming child, a snoring fat man, numerous people shouting into their phones one woman's phone going ping every 30 seconds and so many twats coughing like they're about to die.

More like 50+

*crys*
    You’ll go over way before then @cantersaddick if you don’t chill out.

For most....commuting by train is a necessary and pretty shit experience.

You can’t do much to change it.....so just accept it and go with the flow.
    To be honest I am pretty chilled about it, only very occasionally does it really bother me. I'm just the sort of guy that likes a but of a moan. I'm never happier than when I have something to complain about. This thread gives me somewhere to get it all off my chest.

Also I'm moving (back) out my parents place some time this year and am aiming to be somewhere with a shorter if not easier commute.
  • Sponsored links:

More like 50+

*crys*
    I’d put another ten years on that figure. Your generation will live longer, are healthier and are there to be milked to pay for state pensions amongst other bits and bobs. Your generation will work longer than any in the past and will have the highest cost of housing, travel, fuel, food and child care.
    On top of that the train journeys to work and home will not improve and Charlton will never fail to disappoint.
    12 more years for me. :-)
  • Pear shaped every working day of 2018 so far, Hopeless.
  • The key is to get in the pub before it all goes Pete Tong.

"Babe, I'm not lying, look at the app"
  • As my boss didn't turn up at all today due to a "broken boiler," may just ask for an earlier departure than usual. Then end up staying in the pub anyway
  • One of my favourite threads, though to be fair I do live in a part of town where there are options for transport into work and the next train or tube usually arrives in 1 or 2 minutes. Does make me wonder why so many otherwise intelligent people with jobs that are no doubt important to the national economy seem to sheepishly accept a crap service. SE commuters need to court the CARD video makers once Roland’s gone and they are looking for their next project, assuming that isn’t the new owners. That, or move.
  • Here's a cracking blog post that dissects just how much these pricks are lying to us and getting away with it - note, this is Great Northern, not SE or Southern, but the principle is exactly the same - they've removed seats and, laughably, haven't even increased standing capacity (presumably because of the shit design of the carriages)

https://grumpytrainuser.wordpress.com/2017/06/18/reduction-in-seats-on-great-northern-trains-tofrom-cambridge-from-may-2017/

That's a good post. Very true and well put. One flaw in his analysis around standing space is he hasn't accounted for the absolute wankers that bring a suitcase (or 3), a pram, a dog or even a facking ladder on a busy commuter train.

That's a good post. Very true and well put. One flaw in his analysis around standing space is he hasn't accounted for the absolute wankers that bring a suitcase (or 3), a pram, a dog or even a facking ladder on a busy commuter train.
    It’s the train companies you should be blaming for not providing space for these people although I’m sure you’re blaming them as well ;)

It’s the train companies you should be blaming for not providing space for these people although I’m sure you’re blaming them as well ;)
    There should be rules about travelling with large luggage at rush hour. You should be obliged to travel in the rear carriage or something like that.