Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Curb_It said:

I asked the bloke next to me to close his legs to day so I could get half my arse on to the chair... quite rude he was for a professional looking bloke.

Don't spread your legs lads, is there really any need to sit next to a woman pretending you've got big balls. It's rude.

Awaits @nth london addick comments
  • I will add Heartseasider, they are very friendly and helpful as well.
  • Slightly related but does anyone here use or go through Bromley South?. They manage to have a "train dispatcher" on each of the 4 platforms whose job is to hold up a green flag at the driver's window giving him the OK to pull away. Stuff that modern signalling technology eh?

I go through Bromley South everyday. These people would be useful if they had any balls. So the train gets to Bromley South and waits for a min. It's now time for the train to move so the fella blows his whistle. Of course people wanting that train ignore it. There is a constant stream of people running down the stairs for the train. Instead of saying tough on you for being late and shutting the doors he simply waits for them all to get on. Of course the stream never ends as people who would get the next train see an opportunity to get this one. So we without fail leave 5 mins late (if the train wasn't late already) which is so frustrating. The 5 mins in itself isn't a disaster but it always means we get stuck behind a stopping service we should have been infront and end up getting to London 20 mins late. And no doubt make a load of other trains delayed too.

Like ffs if it's time for the train to go just shut the doors and fuck those who cut it too fine. That's what they do at my station.
  • Slightly related but does anyone here use or go through Bromley South?. They manage to have a "train dispatcher" on each of the 4 platforms whose job is to hold up a green flag at the driver's window giving him the OK to pull away. Stuff that modern signalling technology eh?

I go through Bromley South everyday. These people would be useful if they had any balls. So the train gets to Bromley South and waits for a min. It's now time for the train to move so the fella blows his whistle. Of course people wanting that train ignore it. There is a constant stream of people running down the stairs for the train. Instead of saying tough on you for being late and shutting the doors he simply waits for them all to get on. Of course the stream never ends as people who would get the next train see an opportunity to get this one. So we without fail leave 5 mins late (if the train wasn't late already) which is so frustrating. The 5 mins in itself isn't a disaster but it always means we get stuck behind a stopping service we should have been infront and end up getting to London 20 mins late. And no doubt make a load of other trains delayed too.

Like ffs if it's time for the train to go just shut the doors and fuck those who cut it too fine. That's what they do at my station.
    They have no problem sending the train off once the doors are shut at Chatham. Even when the poxy things leave early they won't let you on
  • SouthEastern currently bracing itself to set me up for a massive fail or perhaps they already have.

Majority of my five trains this week have actually ended with me own SouthEastern around seven minutes so far as that's the combined length of time that my train has been arriving early (with this mornings reaching Cannon Street 4mins early).

The frustrating factor is the fact that each evening... Rather than getting the slow train back to Strood (via. the Woolwich line) I get the train to Dover Priory from Cannon Street which dives along the Longfield line with its first stop being @ Rochester - Means I have to get off there and wait 10mins for the train back to Strood...

Have often wondered though if I can ask if I can leave @ Rochester Station and walk back (despite not having the ticket) as know I can get back into Strood within those 10mins - Last week there decided to chance my luck and the blokes at the barriers were more than happy to let me go through... Last night tried the same (with a different member of staff) and got nothing but attitude from them, claiming my ticket wasn't valid and that I'd have to wait for the train and that I'd have to pay the difference.

Of course I understand the reasoning that you let me through, you've technically got to let any fare dodger through but is still a pain in the arse!! - The amount that we pay for our Season Tickets surely a little bit of leeway should be given here and there!!
  • Carter said:

Slightly related but does anyone here use or go through Bromley South?. They manage to have a "train dispatcher" on each of the 4 platforms whose job is to hold up a green flag at the driver's window giving him the OK to pull away. Stuff that modern signalling technology eh?

They have no problem sending the train off once the doors are shut at Chatham. Even when the poxy things leave early they won't let you on
    Exactly my point. I get in at Chatham and the doors shut and it leaves. At Bromley south they make the train late by letting late people on.
  • Carter said:

Slightly related but does anyone here use or go through Bromley South?. They manage to have a "train dispatcher" on each of the 4 platforms whose job is to hold up a green flag at the driver's window giving him the OK to pull away. Stuff that modern signalling technology eh?

Exactly my point. I get in at Chatham and the doors shut and it leaves. At Bromley south they make the train late by letting late people on.
    Different class of commuter at Bromley, doncha know!;-)
  • Sponsored links:

If this issue was costing South Eastern money then you can guarantee they'd find half an hour in their busy schedule to come up with a solution. Put a gate at the bottom of the stairs and close it half a minute before the train goes, for example.

But it's not costing them any money, it's just inconveniencing their customers, so f#%k it, let's not bother.

• I preferred it when my train didn't stop at London Bridge. And below is why tube > Southeastern.

Was on the tube yesterday, queuing to get on at Canada Water. A beautiful, single-file, orderly queue if you're familiar with the Jubilee line - went to take my rusksack off as the tube was approaching (knowing that it's not okay to wear a rucksack on a packed train) and accidentally caught this tiny lady on the side of the head with my elbow, not hard like.

Gave it a 5/10 sincerity scale 'I'm sorry' and looked back forward, she's there rubbing her head and scowling and going "ahhh" and looking at her hand as if to check for blood - and I mean, it was hardly 'Duncan Ferguson at a corner' and more like getting sneezed on by Dennis Rommedahl.

Anyway, I ignored it for a bit, and then was like "What?! I said I'm sorry"... so she started going off on one... "Well if you hadn't tried to sneak round me and queued normally like everybody else then we wouldn't be here".

Didn't go down well, sensed other commuters taking her side. Anyway, the good news story is that then the tube turned up and there was room for me (with my rucksack off) and not her - so we glared at each other through the glass once the train door closed, with her flipping me off as it started to pull away. A truly beautiful moment.

Chat shit, get banged.

I guarantee you'll see her again this evening!!
  • Bollocks!!... Knew there was a risk of it happening yet have appealed to see if I can get away with it.

My train ticket says London to Strood (Route: Dartford NOT HS1) - Instead I've been getting the fast train down to Rochester and coming back one stop to Strood... Tonight at Rochester there were ticket inspectors and got busted with a £30 fine (Wasnt allowed to pay the difference at the other end)... In my appeal I've tried going for the ignorance approach by saying (1) I didnt realise the train was non stop to Rochester and didnt go through Dartford and (2) My train back to Strood was going on to Dartford so thought it would validate the ticket.

Of course I know my appeal will never win for that reason... I also know the fast Rochester train goes via. Longfield and that my train back to Strood is one of the High Speed trains (which can be used despite the not HS1 part of my ticket because its not High Speed at that stage of the line)

Whats a joke though is the way they throw loopholes to get a bit of extra money out of you - Fair enough the High Speed will be a bit more expensive yet ultimately there is no difference between every other train on the line so two routes shouldnt be priced differently if they both take you from A to B... What next, a ticket that says your not allowed a seat or only allowed to get on the yellow carriages!!
  • Is Charing Cross shut this weekend does anyone know ? Cheers
  • Shag said:

Is Charing Cross shut this weekend does anyone know ? Cheers

It is mate, yes. All weekend and all next weekend as well.
  • Cheers geeza
  • Got the misleadingly named 17.25 from Cannon St last night, which arrived at Cannon St at 17.35. Some 5 minutes later, despite being packed with hopeful but wary commuters, neither the platform staff nor the displays on the concourse and platforms, could even tell us if the train we were sat on was actually the right train!

Needless to say, we were further delayed on our journey but managed to find a short burst of speed that meant the total delay was about 2 minutes below that magical 30 minute mark at which point Southeastern would have to pay out a paltry sum in compensation for their utterly shit alleged service.
  • Sponsored links:

• 9:17 Mr Largo? Is that still rush hour? Are you eligible to complain about the performance of the trains in 'non-peak' times?
  • 9:17 Mr Largo? Is that still rush hour? Are you eligible to complain about the performance of the trains in 'non-peak' times?

rush hour goes until 9:30 I believe

what time can you use your OAP travel card from? (that's a question for the oldies, not yourself @Brendan_O_Connell )
  • Depends where you are. I believe the criteria for rush hour is what time the trains arrive in London.

I can use my senior railcard at 8am down here in deepest kent.

If it's a South Eastern train and you're on it, waiting for it or cursing the fact that it's been cancelled then you can and should complain about it, regardless of the time of day.
  • Bit of drizzle this morning and a little wind last night. Of course that means it's fine to delay my train by 15 mins without apology.

Ohh and there is no facking seats. And I have some creepy looking middle aged man standing opposite me who is just staring at me with some creepy arsed smile. Bit scared. Think I'm gonna get murdered or something.
  • Congestion through London Bridge yet again. It’s almost as if they didn’t spend billions on a new station.