Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Macronate said:

Was also common to find a grot mag under the seats in one of those carriages.

Much happier times.

Generous of you to leave them for others. :-)
  • Macronate said:

Much happier times.

Haha. The mobile equivalent of under a hedge.
  • When you think back though those slam doors were bloody dangerous. Also, those single carriages with about eight people on each side facing each other. And half of them smoking. We may not think so sometimes but a lot of things have changed for the better.

Still a bunch of wankers though.

And sometimes there were people standing too! God forbid anyone who asked for the window to be lowered.

(Do not clean soot off the window) Remember that?
    Counted 22 in one of those single compartments once.

Still at least the managers pay and the train leasing companies profit weren’t the priority in those days!
  • What a complete shit show this morning. Left the house at 7:50 and got to work at 9:45. Should take me an hour door to door.

Signal failure, two broken down trains, congestion and shortage of drivers.

Cunts.
  • It's my birthday today. Decided to celebrate in style by staying at home and not going near any trains.

Just looked up the disruption. It's a joke, every day there's an issue. Their timetable is the most meaningless document ever-produced. I cannot believe that this is allowed to happen in a supposedly developed country.
  • Lee to London Bridge should take 15 minutes. It's taken 51.

This is a fucking joke
  • MrLargo said:

It's my birthday today. Decided to celebrate in style by staying at home and not going near any trains.

Just looked up the disruption. It's a joke, every day there's an issue. Their timetable is the most meaningless document ever-produced. I cannot believe that this is allowed to happen in a supposedly developed country.

Happy birthday! Thankfully I get to do the same thing for the same reason tomorrow!
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

It's my birthday today. Decided to celebrate in style by staying at home and not going near any trains.

happy birthday @MrLargo
  • Just the 65 minutes to get into Cannon Street this morning....Signal failure broken down..spending l lot.of that scenery in the Kidbrooke tunnel...every f ing day there is something....hate the lot of them....Oh happy.morning......

It has been practically every morning for me on the Bexleyheath line since Christmas. Looks as though I now have a choice; get an early train out or work from home. Trying to travel around 8ish is pointless.

• edited January 2018

Blackheath to Cannon Street in 1988/89, always got a seat in the rear carriage with the smokers, sometimes one of those sex pest specials. If it was really busy, standing in the guard's van, which nobody seemed worried about.
  • What a complete shit show this morning. Left the house at 7:50 and got to work at 9:45. Should take me an hour door to door.

Cunts.

Just the 65 minutes to get into Cannon Street this morning....Signal failure broken down..spending l lot.of that scenery in the Kidbrooke tunnel...every f ing day there is something....hate the lot of them....Oh happy.morning......

PaddyP17 said:

Lee to London Bridge should take 15 minutes. It's taken 51.

This is a fucking joke

1905 said:

Just the 65 minutes to get into Cannon Street this morning....Signal failure broken down..spending l lot.of that scenery in the Kidbrooke tunnel...every f ing day there is something....hate the lot of them....Oh happy.morning......

It has been practically every morning for me on the Bexleyheath line since Christmas. Looks as though I now have a choice; get an early train out or work from home. Trying to travel around 8ish is pointless.

I assume of course that there was a reduction in the train fares at the turn of the year to account for this poor service..........
  • MrLargo said:

Happy Birthday Mr L, have a good one.

Cunts.

PaddyP17 said:

Lee to London Bridge should take 15 minutes. It's taken 51.

This is a fucking joke

1905 said:

I assume of course that there was a reduction in the train fares at the turn of the year to account for this poor service..........
    The fare increase is literally the only thing you can rely on to arrive on time when it comes to Southeastern.
  • edited January 2018
    Macronate said:

Much happier times.

Used to really enjoy cleaning those coaches out each evening....yuck

There was the famous (true) story of the headless body in one of those single "doggy kennel" compartments, in the early 80's
    A chap gets on the train, and during the journey decided to look out of the window. He stayed there, looking out until the train arrived. He was looking out the opposite side to the platforms, so no one was concerned.
    When the train arrived in London, the station staff were walking along, closing open doors etc and saw him still standing there. They called him, but he didn't respond, so went into the coach and shook him, at which point his headless body fell back into the coach. Needless to say, the poor old platform man was rather shaken up. They did find his head, I believe it was a considerable way back, somewhere around the dartford area.
  • Urghhhhh. No wonder we can only open the windows 2 centimetres these days.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafckev said:

Macronate said:

Much happier times.

There was the famous (true) story of the headless body in one of those single "doggy kennel" compartments, in the early 80's
    A chap gets on the train, and during the journey decided to look out of the window. He stayed there, looking out until the train arrived. He was looking out the opposite side to the platforms, so no one was concerned.
    When the train arrived in London, the station staff were walking along, closing open doors etc and saw him still standing there. They called him, but he didn't respond, so went into the coach and shook him, at which point his headless body fell back into the coach. Needless to say, the poor old platform man was rather shaken up. They did find his head, I believe it was a considerable way back, somewhere around the dartford area.
    Imagine if MrLargo was commuting in the 80's. Closing the line to look for a missing head would not have been on his list of acceptable reasons to cancel or delay trains.
  • No comment on this thread today.....I am fearing the worst.

RIP @cantersaddick

• cafckev said:

Macronate said:

Much happier times.

Imagine if MrLargo was commuting in the 80's. Closing the line to look for a missing head would not have been on his list of acceptable reasons to cancel or delay trains.
    Used to use those old trains to get to school in the early/mid 90's. Delays and cancellations were welcomed back then, missed plenty of lessons due to general train crapness, although never heard the lost head excuse!
  • I like this thread.

RIP @cantersaddick

@cantersaddick is alive and well.

He chose to run away from Mr Murder.

RIP @cantersaddick

Firstly happy birthday @MrLargo hope you've had a good one.

No comment from me today as I haven't yet been delayed. My train This morning got into Victoria 1 minute after it's scheduled arrival. That's the best it's been all year so I'll take it.

Currently waiting for my train to leave Victoria to get home. Let's wait and see if they can make it 2 in 2. I'll not hold my breath.
  • Macronate said:

No comment on this thread today.....I am fearing the worst.

RIP @cantersaddick

@cantersaddick is alive and well.

He chose to run away from Mr Murder.
    Mr Murder was yesterday. Still scarred by that creepiness.
  • Southeastern today has been a full disgrace
  • edited January 2018
    The Young Ones. Vyvyan loses his head.

https://youtu.be/tQslnmcHOeM