Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• edited January 2018
    LouisMend said:

This is probably really creepy but saw @LouisMend on the train today ;).

Saw a hero and the train was unexpectedly on time today. Hopefully my luck continues.

Haha wow I genuinely thought that was me as well on the thumbnail before clicking to enlarge the photo.
    @LouisMend Did you got on a train from London Bridge to charing Cross one morning last week?

If so was sat near you. Was gonna say hello but "Is your name Louis? I'm Rodney" is too much of a risk to one's dignity before 9 in the morning.

It was like seeing a celebrity cos of listening to Charlton Live the past couple of years whereby you feel like you know the person because of that familiarity whereas they are completely unaware of who on earth you are...and in my experience is where it gets awkward so I saved us both the hassle and kept schtum.
  • I have to say that I'm generally happy with Southeastern's service. So far this year I have had no trains cancelled and only two running more than five minutes late and even then less than ten minutes.

Are you not on the Hastings line? I am now and not had one journey that's not been 10 or so minutes late this year.
  • LouisMend said:

Saw a hero and the train was unexpectedly on time today. Hopefully my luck continues.

Haha wow I genuinely thought that was me as well on the thumbnail before clicking to enlarge the photo.
    @LouisMend Did you got on a train from London Bridge to charing Cross one morning last week?

If so was sat near you. Was gonna say hello but "Is your name Louis? I'm Rodney" is too much of a risk to one's dignity before 9 in the morning.

It was like seeing a celebrity cos of listening to Charlton Live the past couple of years whereby you feel like you know the person because of that familiarity whereas they are completely unaware of who on earth you are...and in my experience is where it gets awkward so I saved us both the hassle and kept schtum.
    @RodneyCharltonTrotta yeh, I changed at LB for a CHX train once last week so it possibly was me.
  • LouisMend said:

Fake you looked up and gave me a knowing look when I went on your twitter in anticipation of sending you some early morning abuse. Probably wondering why this lunatic opposite him had such a smug look on his face.

• I have to say that I'm generally happy with Southeastern's service. So far this year I have had no trains cancelled and only two running more than five minutes late and even then less than ten minutes.

Are you not on the Hastings line? I am now and not had one journey that's not been 10 or so minutes late this year.
    yes I am RCT and that has not been my experience so far this year. Where do you get on out of interest? What train do you get in the morning generally?

yes I am RCT and that has not been my experience so far this year. Where do you get on out of interest? What train do you get in the morning generally?

Stonegate to Charing Cross. Usually 7.37 or 6.37 some days but considering getting the 7.17 to cannon street and changing at London Bridge to guarantee getting in on time.

Not much better in life than train chat :-)
  • LouisMend said:

LouisMend said:

@RodneyCharltonTrotta yeh, I changed at LB for a Norwood Junction train once last week so it possibly was me.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

As an update, they've sent 829 trains today and are claiming 68% success rate.

Could be worse though, Virgin East Coast are running at 22%!!!

I'd say Virgin are honest and South Eastern are liars. Plus Virgin have a small number of routes so if there's a tree on the line just south of Birmingham (note to South Eastern - a tree, not a f*$king twig) then it impacts a huge proportion of their services. Meanwhile, South Eastern manage to run a few empty trains between Bekesbourne and Shepherds Well actually in line with the published schedule in the middle of the afternoon when no sod's around to see it and get to boost their punctuality stats even though most of the working population of South East London have spent the morning on the phone to their boss - "yeah, I know it sounds very far-fetched, and I understand why you don't believe me, but apparently a vehicle hitting a bridge near Dartford is justification to cancel everything on the Hayes line with disruption expected for the rest of the day."

All of the stats that South Eastern quote are nonsense - they came 4th from bottom for customer satisfaction across the whole of the country last year but still claimed that 81% of their passengers were "satisfied".

"How did you pay for your annual season ticket?"

"I donated my kidneys for scientific research, sold my wife to a travelling circus and sent my 6 year old son to work as mine clearer"

"How do you rate the service that South Eastern provides, in terms of punctuality, reliabilty, cleanliness and comfort?"

"Well it's a bit like being stuck on a mobile version of the Maze Prison, except that prisoners at the Maze had more chance of getting somewhere that they wanted to be."

"Okay, I've put your answers into our database and it's generated a rating of "satisfied". Thanks for your time."

Ahem, I beg to differ.
  • Got home 23 minutes late today. No 'adverse weather' , no 'trespasser on the track', not even the 'wrong kind of rain'.

Just a bloody woman driver that kept stopping to ask for directions.

Stonegate to Charing Cross. Usually 7.37 or 6.37 some days but considering getting the 7.17 to cannon street and changing at London Bridge to guarantee getting in on time.

Our son in law parks in one of our bays across the road from Wadhurst station & usually gets the 6.37.

Wonder whether you know him ?

Our son in law parks in one of our bays across the road from Wadhurst station & usually gets the 6.37.

Maybe by sight Fanny. Don't know many down here since we moved down but good to know you're local so there is fellow Charlton down here. Have actually met another Charlton fan down here but not asked him if he posts on here yet in case any of my ramblings have ever caused offence :-)
  • This morning it was all remarkably ... good?

On time, nice temperature, space to sit down.

I'll wake up and have to endure the usual bullshit soon.
  • Did delay repay for when I was over a half hour late on a 15 minute journey earlier this week.

£1.90 credit.

They taking the fucking piss?
  • I've just got this from them this afternoon:

"Hello Harry,

As a valued Southeastern passenger, we want to share what monthly rewards and value offers are available to you.

Planning a holiday for the new year? Book a Novasol holiday home and receive a free Amazon Fire HD 8 Tablet, perfect for your commute. Pick from over 44,000 self-catering holiday homes across 27 countries throughout Europe.

Don't forget, we have great savings on theatre tickets this month which get you brilliant savings off box office prices. If you're heading to London make sure not to miss out on our offers."

JUST CONCENTRATE ON TRYING TO RUN A RAIL SERVICE YOU MORONS, IF I WANT A KINDLE OR TICKETS FOR MAMMA MIA I KNOW WHERE TO GO
  • HarryLime said:

I've just got this from them this afternoon:

"Hello Harry,

As a valued Southeastern passenger, we want to share what monthly rewards and value offers are available to you.

Planning a holiday for the new year? Book a Novasol holiday home and receive a free Amazon Fire HD 8 Tablet, perfect for your commute. Pick from over 44,000 self-catering holiday homes across 27 countries throughout Europe.

Don't forget, we have great savings on theatre tickets this month which get you brilliant savings off box office prices. If you're heading to London make sure not to miss out on our offers."

JUST CONCENTRATE ON TRYING TO RUN A RAIL SERVICE YOU MORONS, IF I WANT A KINDLE OR TICKETS FOR MAMMA MIA I KNOW WHERE TO GO

I got that as well. I generally don't talk to emails as talking to a written message on a computer screen is a ridiculous thing to do. However, I made an exception for this one, and said "f%*k of you c~+ts" when it appeared on my screen.

hope you charge him ;-)) have you seen how expensive it is just across the road?

• Working from home today. It sure is lovely!
  • Sponsored links:

• cafckev said:

Macronate said:

Was also common to find a grot mag under the seats in one of those carriages.

Much happier times.

Used to really enjoy cleaning those coaches out each evening....yuck

There was the famous (true) story of the headless body in one of those single "doggy kennel" compartments, in the early 80's
    A chap gets on the train, and during the journey decided to look out of the window. He stayed there, looking out until the train arrived. He was looking out the opposite side to the platforms, so no one was concerned.
    When the train arrived in London, the station staff were walking along, closing open doors etc and saw him still standing there. They called him, but he didn't respond, so went into the coach and shook him, at which point his headless body fell back into the coach. Needless to say, the poor old platform man was rather shaken up. They did find his head, I believe it was a considerable way back, somewhere around the dartford area.
    Imagine if MrLargo was commuting in the 80's. Closing the line to look for a missing head would not have been on his list of acceptable reasons to cancel or delay trains.
    And nor should it be, the stupid chump is dead, no amount of delayed trains is gonna change that.
    Same with 'one under' on main line services. Bunging up hundreds of miles of railway and norsing up thousands of people's lives cos one individual is no more is entirely without justification. The corpse will be just as dead at 2a.m. when there's no trains and no people to disrupt.
  • edited January 2018
    HarryLime said:

"Hello Harry,

They are sneakily taking the piss out of you directly with this comment because they know full well that if you're going by train, you'll arrive at the theatre just as Billy Elliot is pirouetting his way off the stage.

• edited January 2018
    HarryLime said:

"Hello Harry,

They are sneakily taking the piss out of you directly with this comment because they know full well that if you're going by train, you'll arrive at the theatre just as Billy Elliot is pirouetting his way off the stage.
  • ashley said:

ashley said:

Train from Cannon st to Orpington at 7 20 cancelled last night and broken down train at New cross this morning caused significant delay .That's Monday and Tuesday taken care of .Just got Wednesday , Thursday and Friday's chaos to look forward to .

Train from Cannon Street to Orpington at 7 20 tonight again cancelled apparently due to the length of time that it had taken for the service to get as far as London Bridge on its inward journey before the driver simply gave up going any further .

I am holding the makings of a " full house " for the week of Jokers and (er) Jokers .Only Thursday and Friday left to add to this nonsense . I am hoping for the "Two of Knobs " tomorrow and the "Three of Twats " on Friday with Network South East dealing from the bottom of the pack to complete the set.
    Got dealt the "Four of Farts " on Thursday evening as train on time but only available spare seat had been ripped up and the cushions thrown on floor . Nice ! Had to stand all the way home as I didn't fancy spoiling my Ernegaldo Zegna suit on the cheap plastic .On Friday morning had to take the car to the garage so no idea how crap things were then but noticed the " Five of Lies " on another table as all trains to Sevenoaks were cancelled due to something on the track following high winds .But they were two days prior!
  • No postings for two days now. Does this mean the trains are running well?

There was no paper in the lavvy on the 12.26 Shepherds Well to Dover Priory.

Well, there isn't now.
  • I am on the 09.21 from Borough Green to Victoria in the morning so I will report in tomorrow afternoon.

There was no paper in the lavvy on the 12.26 Shepherds Well to Dover Priory.

Well, there isn't now.

My train was so early this morning it had time to sit @ London Bridge for an absolute age and still reach Cannon Street 2mins early!!...

Only downside was the bloke in front of me, who may as well have not bothered with his earphones - Could clearly hear everything that was playing, felt like I was in my car with the radio playing!!

I think it's more likely because there were no trains in or out of London at the weekend.

• Train turned up 5 mins late... got in early! Was astonished, absolutely whizzed from Deptford to London Bridge.

Got a bit concerned that the train had been hijacked or was being driven by a nutter.
  • Train turned up 5 mins late... got in early! Was astonished, absolutely whizzed from Deptford to London Bridge.

Got a bit concerned that the train had been hijacked or was being driven by a nutter.

Sounds like MrLargo was up front behind the dead mans handle.