Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Sh****ng F****ng c****ng delays again out of Cannon Street.
  • ashley said:

Train from Cannon st to Orpington at 7 20 cancelled last night and broken down train at New cross this morning caused significant delay .That's Monday and Tuesday taken care of .Just got Wednesday , Thursday and Friday's chaos to look forward to .

Train from Cannon Street to Orpington at 7 20 tonight again cancelled apparently due to the length of time that it had taken for the service to get as far as London Bridge on its inward journey before the driver simply gave up going any further .

I am holding the makings of a " full house " for the week of Jokers and (er) Jokers .Only Thursday and Friday left to add to this nonsense . I am hoping for the "Two of Knobs " tomorrow and the "Three of Twats " on Friday with Network South East dealing from the bottom of the pack to complete the set.
  • 1StevieG said:

Sh****ng F****ng c****ng delays again out of Cannon Street.

I gave up on Cannon Street in the evening ages ago. I get the train in the morning, in truth I don't like my job and don't care if I'm late for work, but I want to actually get home in the evening so I take the DLR instead.
  • edited January 2018
    Delayed today and crawling through Lewisham and new cross due to congestion caused by "adverse weather"

• Been stuck at Lee/HG for ten minutes nearly.
  • It’s amazing how the circumstances of being on a commuter train can conspire to annoy you. I’m having a perfectly normal journey in the 0821 Dartford to Charing Cross plugged into Netflix and ignoring the world. Bloke sitting next to me observing the unwritten rules of “my space/your space” perfectly. Except for the fact that he’s been gently tapping his foot since Bexleyheath. It’s driving me bonkers. It would be strange and pedantic to ask him to desist and he’s blissfully unaware (perfectly reasonably) so I’m now sitting here quietly steaming. So I’m just venting by way of this shared experience on my favourite forum. And breathe.

He’s just got off at London Bridge. Happy days. And thanks for sharing you lovely people.

Ha some bloke was innocently clicking a pen lid up and down for 45 minutes completely oblivious to the grating noise as he had headphones in. Infuriating although completely harmless. First world problems
  • It’s amazing how the circumstances of being on a commuter train can conspire to annoy you. I’m having a perfectly normal journey in the 0821 Dartford to Charing Cross plugged into Netflix and ignoring the world. Bloke sitting next to me observing the unwritten rules of “my space/your space” perfectly. Except for the fact that he’s been gently tapping his foot since Bexleyheath. It’s driving me bonkers. It would be strange and pedantic to ask him to desist and he’s blissfully unaware (perfectly reasonably) so I’m now sitting here quietly steaming. So I’m just venting by way of this shared experience on my favourite forum. And breathe.

He’s just got off at London Bridge. Happy days. And thanks for sharing you lovely people.

Ha some bloke was innocently clicking a pen lid up and down for 45 minutes completely oblivious to the grating noise as he had headphones in. Infuriating although completely harmless. First world problems
    IVe got a pen clicking colleague at work who does that relentlessly in meetings and it’s infuriating. There is an “ism” I discovered the other day to describe the condition that is getting annoyed about this sort of thing. I’ve got it bigstyle.
  • The 8.52 from Lee took a good half hour to get to London Bridge.

All the redevelopment has done is push the Zone 1 congestion out to Lewisham and the like. And I don't know how it'll resolve!
  • Sponsored links:

• Everything delayed, with the odd cancellation thrown in.

Weather - sunny and mild
    Reason for disruption - adverse weather

Two weeks into the year and I've already run out of expletives to describe these c#*ts, so I think I'll just make do with c%>ts.

South Eastern, you're a bunch of c$#ts.
  • edited January 2018

It’s amazing how the circumstances of being on a commuter train can conspire to annoy you. I’m having a perfectly normal journey in the 0821 Dartford to Charing Cross plugged into Netflix and ignoring the world. Bloke sitting next to me observing the unwritten rules of “my space/your space” perfectly. Except for the fact that he’s been gently tapping his foot since Bexleyheath. It’s driving me bonkers. It would be strange and pedantic to ask him to desist and he’s blissfully unaware (perfectly reasonably) so I’m now sitting here quietly steaming. So I’m just venting by way of this shared experience on my favourite forum. And breathe.

IVe got a pen clicking colleague at work who does that relentlessly in meetings and it’s infuriating. There is an “ism” I discovered the other day to describe the condition that is getting annoyed about this sort of thing. I’ve got it bigstyle.
    Bloke next to me sniffs like a flu ridden Danielle Westbrook. Have told him a number of times over past few weeks. It stops for a day or two then recommences.

Shouldn't have to point this sort of stuff out to adults.
  • MrLargo said:

Everything delayed, with the odd cancellation thrown in.

Weather - sunny and mild
    Reason for disruption - adverse weather

Two weeks into the year and I've already run out of expletives to describe these c#*ts, so I think I'll just make do with c%>ts.

South Eastern, you're a bunch of c$#ts.

Oh come on Mr L it's snowing in Scotland for God's sake. It's always the same with you people, blame the first/nearest target even if conditions are beyond their control. Parts of this country had 6 Inches of snow last night and that my friend happened a mere 250 miles away from the outermost Southeastern travel zone. Cut the guys some slack please obviously weather conditions are adverse somewhere - don't even get me started about Oslo! :)
  • Absolute shit show.
  • Of the 481 trains Southeastern have run today there is 51% "success rate" of getting to their destination within 5 minutes of their stated arrival time.

A company as joyless as Charlton Athletic.
  • edited January 2018
    I removed my earphone just in time to hear the driver saying the sunlight had meant he had to do extra checks. It’s insane that we are expected to listen to and accept this bollocks.

They know they can trot out any old nonsense and we are so disenchanted that no one will follow it up.
  • PaddyP17 said:

The 8.52 from Lee took a good half hour to get to London Bridge.

All the redevelopment has done is push the Zone 1 congestion out to Lewisham and the like. And I don't know how it'll resolve!

Lewisham station is a MAJOR junction on Southeastern but it is woefully inadequate and needs to be demolished and rebuilt from the ground up to cope with the volume of traffic. But I can't see it happening.
  • I annoyingly missed my bus this morning so went to Eltham instead for a later train which turned out to be cancelled (7.01) so got the (7.04) to Victoria. People just dont move down for others and let them get on on that line. When did everyone get so selfish and in it for themselves? The train emptied somewhat at lewisham, creating loads of room in the middle of the carriages and still people stood by the doors in a cramped no air relying on others to hold them up whilst their eyes are firmly focussed on their candy crush game on their device not letting anyone get on the train to even get through to the space down the aisle.

Apparently no trains on Ladywell line due to fallen trees, so about a million people at lewisham couldn't get on our train and the platform was stacked for the next charing x train due. if they've got to work by now i'd be amazed.

I also had to renew my monthly ST this morning which absolutely makes me sick considering this year I haven't had a smooth journey both ways yet, if one is fine the other way is a disaster, plus last weekend and this weekend the london terminals i need to use are closed.

absolute piss takers.
  • Devil's advocate but if the train is crowded why try to keep squeezing on and make it possibly dangerous? I'm not sure why buses have a maximum standing capacity legally but not trains. If you can't get on you can't get on, call the office and let them know you can't get a train in today.

Southeastern and the rest get away with it because people accept that they should crush each other. Herd mentality. If enough people stayed on the platform and demanded a refund for not enough carriages being put on then something will change, or is that wishful thinking?
  • Sponsored links:

• Fiiish said:

Devil's advocate but if the train is crowded why try to keep squeezing on and make it possibly dangerous? I'm not sure why buses have a maximum standing capacity legally but not trains. If you can't get on you can't get on, call the office and let them know you can't get a train in today.

Southeastern and the rest get away with it because people accept that they should crush each other. Herd mentality. If enough people stayed on the platform and demanded a refund for not enough carriages being put on then something will change, or is that wishful thinking?

The same way that if everyone turned up on the first work day back of the new year, opened the barriers and basically said "fuck it, we're not paying these prices anymore" and walked through there's absolutely nothing they could do. The prices would come down overnight.
  • This is probably really creepy but saw @LouisMend on the train today ;).

Saw a hero and the train was unexpectedly on time today. Hopefully my luck continues.

Haha wow I genuinely thought that was me as well on the thumbnail before clicking to enlarge the photo.
  • I removed my earphone just in time to hear the driver saying the sunlight had meant he had to do extra checks. It’s insane that we are expected to listen to and accept this bollocks.

They know they can trot out any old nonsense and we are so disenchanted that no one will follow it up.

Whether he had the right pair of sunglasses with him.
  • That'll give me something to do for the rest of the afternoon, well the rest of the week actually.
  • Then he'll report that SE passengers are very pleased with the service.
  • iaitch said:

Then he'll report that SE passengers are very pleased with the service.

Only if he wants to lose votes.
  • As an update, they've sent 829 trains today and are claiming 68% success rate.

Could be worse though, Virgin East Coast are running at 22%!!!
  • I have to say that I'm generally happy with Southeastern's service. So far this year I have had no trains cancelled and only two running more than five minutes late and even then less than ten minutes.