Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options

Everything delayed on my line

The wrong kind of wind.
  • Options

Everything delayed on my line

Really? I’m actually travelling to Leeds today for work, where are the problems?
    Just spent a great 25 minutes waiting at Kings Cross for my train. Was sat by the entrance to an escalator that obviously usually goes down as everyone was making their way to it and had to stop at the last minute as it was coming up. Couple of dopey pricks engrossed in their phones actually stepped onto it. Also fun to watch blokes clearly full of their own importance pushing through people getting stopped in their tracks.
  • Options
    Staying away from this thread for a while
  • Options

Staying away from this thread for a while

Not discovered the internet in Leeds yet?
  • Options
    Since opening the new congestion- reducing platforms at start of Jan I've had 2 journeys not delayed by congestion.

It's eased near London Bridge but is now pushed down the line to Lewisham and Hither green every day.

The cynic in me suggests the main driver of the station overhaul and 2 years of commuter inconvenience was to create revenue streams from the rental income from all the commercial units now in the station.

Lovely shiny platforms and expansive Costa Coffee-filled concourse to enjoy whilst you arrive late every day or await the serially delayed sloth mobile to ferry you home.
  • Options
    Train got into Cannon Street 15mins late today... No explanation or anything... Baffling!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Driver just announced things are expected to get back to normal by "dinner time".

Can any of the salt of the earth lower class types who post on here please translate whether that means the one after elevensies or the one before supper as it's causing an awful kerfuffle on the Tunbridge Wells train?

It means whatever South Eastern want or need it to mean....
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

That train seems to spraying out all it's steam before it enters the tunnel - I am very familiar with this scenario.

So theoretically, I can tell her I "go like a train" and I won't be lying.

Better hope that your performance is better than Southeastern's!

• Options
    Mind you, if he's delayed it should give him more pleasure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't want to annoy anyone but my train home last night was on time - first since mid-December. Obviously that will be the only service I get on time for 2018 but it was nice to be home on time for once!
  • Options
    Wankers
  • Options
    Not strictly Southeastern fault but I'm sticking it on here anyway.

So they've spent what feels like centuries but is actually just about 7 years doing the refurb of Victoria station including new entrances to the underground station and a new main entrance to the station at the Southeastern end (platforms 1-8). The new entrance is lovely but most people that come out of the station and head for Victoria St (about half of the people arriving in Victoria) continued to use the old exits as they were most convenient and the quickest way to get to Victoria street. So literally no one from that end of the station was using the new entrance. So what do they do? They close the entrance tbat most people use. Like properly blocked it with concrete barriers and metal cages to stop people jumping the barriers.

It's like they need to justify spending the money so have to force people to use the brand new entrance.

The result. Not only does everyone have to was 3 sides of a square to get out the station and get even more angry. But it funnels all those who don't want to use the tube into the same exit as everyone who does want the tube. Its utter chaos at rush hour.

Fucking twats.
  • Options
    Nothing to do with Southeastern. Network Rail own Victoria Station and made that decision.