Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options

Nothing to do with Southeastern. Network Rail own Victoria Station and made that decision.

Nothing to do with Southeastern. Network Rail own Victoria Station and made that decision.

Yeah, that's why he said 'not strictly Southeastern' in his opening sentence!
    What he said.
  • Options
    Another scandal. Been to Walsall today. West Midlands Railways' delay repay scheme pays out for delays of 15 minutes or more. South Eastern only pay outafter 30 minutes. Scum.
  • Options
    Exit still blocked today. Fucking annoying. Fighting your way through crowds of people trying to get to the tube when I don't want to go near the thing.

It just goes to show the complete lack of customer focus in the whole industry. Its appalling.
  • Options

Not strictly Southeastern fault but I'm sticking it on here anyway.

So they've spent what feels like centuries but is actually just about 7 years doing the refurb of Victoria station including new entrances to the underground station and a new main entrance to the station at the Southeastern end (platforms 1-8). The new entrance is lovely but most people that come out of the station and head for Victoria St (about half of the people arriving in Victoria) continued to use the old exits as they were most convenient and the quickest way to get to Victoria street. So literally no one from that end of the station was using the new entrance. So what do they do? They close the entrance tbat most people use. Like properly blocked it with concrete barriers and metal cages to stop people jumping the barriers.

It's like they need to justify spending the money so have to force people to use the brand new entrance.

The result. Not only does everyone have to was 3 sides of a square to get out the station and get even more angry. But it funnels all those who don't want to use the tube into the same exit as everyone who does want the tube. Its utter chaos at rush hour.

Fucking twats.

Nice Star Wars reference.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Another scandal. Been to Walsall today. West Midlands Railways' delay repay scheme pays out for delays of 15 minutes or more. South Eastern only pay outafter 30 minutes. Scum.

They'd be broke after a week if SouthEastern did that...

Either that or there would be no trains as they'd cancel them all to avoid the compensation claims
  • Options
    Someone struck by a train in the Denmark hill area. So evey train in that direction has switched to the Herne Hill line our of London towards Bromley. So those of us who usually take that route are fucked off too. Great.

Barely moving.
  • Options
    Just got my haircut and have walked straight onto a train at Charring Cross which is running on time, and have a seat. Life is great.
  • Options

Just got my haircut and have walked straight onto a train at Charring Cross which is running on time, and have a seat. Life is great.

I mean this in the nicest possible way.

F*ck you.
  • Options
    Signal failure between Brixton and Victoria. Ffs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

MrLargo said:

Either that or there would be no trains as they'd cancel them all to avoid the compensation claims
    If their cancellation delays you 30+ minutes you can claim compo not just for late running. Cancellations during peak hours muck up their monitored performance figures meaning they have to grant discounts to S/T sufferers. From experience they’ll argue black is white, delay and prevaricate in the hope you’ll give up on your DR claim. Minimum response time is 2 full working weeks to get an acknowledgment then usually another month to get your voucher after they’ve run out of feeble attempts to deny payment. The time and effort they expend trying to renege on their obligation must exceed the cost of paying out pronto no questions asked many times over. All entirely congruent with the business model of this abominable scourge
  • Options
    I don't commute and rarely use trains, needed a travel card for tonight from High Brooms. £23.40 feel like I've been mugged what an absolute piss take. I feel sorry for all you poor souls who have to.
  • Options
    Sat outside St Johns for 10 minutes before the driver pipes up with "due to congestion in the London Bridge area this train will be moving slowly to London Bridge".

Well, first of all, the train isn't fucking moving and hasn't for 10 minutes, so that really is "slowly". And second of all, why the years of development IF IT STILL DOESN'T WORK?!

Pricks.
  • Options

Sat outside St Johns for 10 minutes before the driver pipes up with "due to congestion in the London Bridge area this train will be moving slowly to London Bridge".

Well, first of all, the train isn't fucking moving and hasn't for 10 minutes, so that really is "slowly". And second of all, why the years of development IF IT STILL DOESN'T WORK?!

Pricks.

Reckon your on my train!!... Crawling into London Bridge from Bexleyheath this morning as meeting mates tonight, go a few yards and then stop again as others fly past
  • Options

Pricks.

Reckon your on my train!!... Crawling into London Bridge from Bexleyheath this morning as meeting mates tonight, go a few yards and then stop again as others fly past
    Think I’m on the one behind both of you. Haven’t been on time once this week.
  • Options

Pricks.

I'm on the Hayes Line.

Moving now, very slowly through New Cross.

11 mins late and counting...... and stopped.

Also, some American prick standing next to me is playing his shitty rap music so loud he may as well be playing it out of the loud speaker. After he's been shouting on facetime for most of the journey.

Miserable ...
  • Options
    Its shocking and understand people's frustrations... My usual train from Strood bypasses Lewisham and is nearly always on time - Is extremely rare for me to be this late
  • Options
    Hallelujah.

15 mins late, no apology, nothing, just par for the course. They can tick this off as an on time journey - wankers.
  • Options
    Currently sat at Hither Green on Sidcup line - train is rammed - hearing on station announcements that some trains are not stopping at LB now - signalling probs at NX - perhaps they should have spent less money on LB station and more on the bits that make the trains work
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Track defect in New Cross today, that’s a new one.

26 minutes late into Charing Cross. Marvellous.
  • Options

Track defect in New Cross today, that’s a new one.

26 minutes late into Charing Cross. Marvellous.

On time according to them.
  • Options
    Broken down train at Dartford this morning - joy
  • Options

I am not making this up, but I've literally got on the wrong fucking train.

FUCK.

It's not a total disaster as can get off at Mottingham, and walk, but that's karma at work right there.

So sorry to hear that Samson!
  • Options

Since opening the new congestion- reducing platforms at start of Jan I've had 2 journeys not delayed by congestion.

It's eased near London Bridge but is now pushed down the line to Lewisham and Hither green every day.

The cynic in me suggests the main driver of the station overhaul and 2 years of commuter inconvenience was to create revenue streams from the rental income from all the commercial units now in the station.

Lovely shiny platforms and expansive Costa Coffee-filled concourse to enjoy whilst you arrive late every day or await the serially delayed sloth mobile to ferry you home.

The cynic in me suggests this is a far too rational explanation!

London Bridge is owned by the government, managed by Network Rail and services trains operated by three franchises.

MrLargo said:

If their cancellation delays you 30+ minutes you can claim compo not just for late running. Cancellations during peak hours muck up their monitored performance figures meaning they have to grant discounts to S/T sufferers. From experience they’ll argue black is white, delay and prevaricate in the hope you’ll give up on your DR claim. Minimum response time is 2 full working weeks to get an acknowledgment then usually another month to get your voucher after they’ve run out of feeble attempts to deny payment. The time and effort they expend trying to renege on their obligation must exceed the cost of paying out pronto no questions asked many times over. All entirely congruent with the business model of this abominable scourge
    Business model was created by our government.

Network Rail (that is our government) screw things up but out source responsibility for compensating passengers to "the Anglo-French joint venture Govia".

It's what we all voted for!
  • Options
    The bastards have stopped taking payments by Visa Electron now? Why?
  • Options

Visa Electron? What decade are you living in m_a_m?

• Options

This one mate. Why?
  • Options
    Can’t you pay via switch?
  • Options

This one mate. Why?
    Visa Electron is sooooo 1990s!