Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• I just caught the driver's quiet whisper telling us he was no longer going via Greenwich because of those ever unreliable signals. I can't think of anything else that breaks down more frequently.
  • Gotta give credit to my driver... Has kept us updated unlike many others I've previously had to deal with in past years.

"Apologies for the delay to your journey yet do acknowledge the fact we should have been in Cannon Street 30mins ago"
  • Charing Cross services affected now too. 0809 cancelled. O821 running late. Whoopee. Only four days to go before a break!!!
  • Running 20 mins late. No explanation, no apology, no comment. Just silence.
  • *Bing bong* "mumble mumble mumble"

Collective "Eh?" From the passengers as no one heard a word.
  • 40 minutes from abbey wood to Lewisham. Utter disgrace of a service
  • *Bing bong* "mumble mumble mumble"

Collective "Eh?" From the passengers as no one heard a word.

Probably having a sneaky sandwich as his/ her break will be cut short at the terminus now, where's your compassion, season of goodwill to everyone and all that :wink:
  • 9.38 to Charing X from Lee just sailed through London Bridge to Cannon St without telling anyone, what the fuck lol
  • I was stuck on a train between Lewisham and New Cross, and I managed to miss the 08:15 and the 08:30 connection at New Cross because we hadn't moved.
  • It was all fine at 5:30 this morning........
  • Sponsored links:

• There was a train broken down on a London platform at the station this morning meaning they all had to queue up to swuidge onto the other London bound platform but this wasn’t the cause of the delay from the tannoy message, apparently they were having power issues and could only run one line ?!?!
  • Trains screwed still. Missed the cancelled 06 Sidcup line train from Waterloo East by what would have been a minute and the next Sidcup train due at 7.26 is
    ‘Delayed’ and 8 coaches. Gonna be cosy when it shows up! Renewed my travel card this morning. It’s like they knew.
  • Charing Cross services affected now too. 0809 cancelled. O821 running late. Whoopee. Only four days to go before a break!!!

Don't worry Southeastern are taking a break too - and yet again are not even repaying season ticket holders for taking away the service we have already paid for. We used to call that theft.
  • Can someone check in on MrLargo, this page is nearly full and he has not moaned about the trains once.
  • Going to a lovely posh do on Saturday night at Claridge's. Not going to even try and go by cab from Eltham around 6pm as it will take forever (cab booked home obvs). Makes so much sense to get train to CHX and a Black Cab from there. Oh no! Not a bloody chance! Can't get to CHX from Eltham or Mottingham without changing 8 times and enduring a four hour journey!
  • Can someone check in on MrLargo, this page is nearly full and he has not moaned about the trains once.

Took the day off today, as did South Eastern by the sound of it.

Back in tomorrow, but South Eastern usually stop even pretending to try to run a credible service in the last few days before Christmas, so I expect I'll have returned to my default setting of "livid with anger" just a few hours from now.
  • Train’s on time but the fucking heating’s turned off.
  • That unique humming noise that you only experience on Southeastern traims is really ringing in my ears this morning. Doing my head in.
  • Train’s on time but the fucking heating’s turned off.

Your lucky mate. It’s like a sodding oven on mine. And people are allergic to opening windows.
  • edited December 2017

That unique humming noise that you only experience on Southeastern traims is really ringing in my ears this morning. Doing my head in.

That'll be the brussell sprouts coming from the other passsengers.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017

Train’s on time but the fucking heating’s turned off.

Good. You’ve got enough layers to keep you warm anyway.
  • Another morning. Another 10 minute delay. Another excuse.
  • I don't depend on south eastern but always see the blue jackets in clusters of three or four ignoring people and chatting away to each other at London Bridge, a developing station where you need the most help and information.
  • My train was cancelled this morning with no explanation, which was nice.
  • Saturday disruption. Only a half hourly service to/from Victoria. Allow extra time.
  • All sorts of excuses this morning.

When things aren't going to schedule, they really need a plan B.
  • edited December 2017
    Engineering works, emergency engineering works, over running engineering works, signal failure and an 'operational' incident.

I think the last one relates to not enough staff turning up for work.
  • Macronate said:

Engineering works, emergency engineering works, over running engineering works, signal failure and an 'operational' incident.

I think the last one relates to not enough staff turning up for work.

Years ago under BR we told it as it was when announcing delays like "points failure" "signal failure" or "broken rail" etc. As soon as it became all different private companies (especially the then railtrack) got upset for two reasons, firstly it would make people think that the tracks and signals were not maintained, and secondly because they announcements meant it was easy to see who was to blame ie railtrack for track problems. So, we were all instructed to say "operational difficulties" which now seems to have changed into "operational incidents"
  • Apparently there's been an embankment collapse at Biffins Bridge, which has caused a blockage in the tunnel.