Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Rizzo said:

iaitch said:

Re-nationalise them and bring back the good old days of trains running on time, cheap fares and plenty of capacity!!!!!

Whilst I realise the sarcasm in this post, even if the service didn't improve under re-nationalisation, at least no fucker would be getting rich from it!

Apart from the drivers, & the R.M.T & A.S.L.E.F union leaders.
  • my zone 1-6 travelcard has gone up £7.10 a month or £85.20 a year.

so for the best part of 3k i get cancelled trains without no explanation packed trains
  • 1st working day of the year and I already hate them
  • edited January 2018
    My season ticket when I come to renew will be £145 more a year which equates to just over £12 a month. They get you worse if you buy monthly.

That's on top of the 4 grand I pay anyway.

Thieves.
  • I read about this nurse who works in s hospital in town who has to travel in who loves her job but she says she is looking for a nursing job closer to home because of the cost of travelling.
  • Been sat at kidbrooke for 14 mins, no explanation from the driver
  • clive said:

Rizzo said:

iaitch said:

Re-nationalise them and bring back the good old days of trains running on time, cheap fares and plenty of capacity!!!!!

Whilst I realise the sarcasm in this post, even if the service didn't improve under re-nationalisation, at least no fucker would be getting rich from it!

Apart from the drivers, & the R.M.T & A.S.L.E.F union leaders.
    In fairness to the drivers, I don't mind them being paid a bit more. Have a think about stories like this one.
  • johnny73 said:

Virgin trains. Travelled down at the end of October from 'the north' to London. The journey took 2 and a half hours longer than scheduled. Applied for refund on 30th October. Received no acknowledgement. Chased up and told was in the queue. Booked original tickets online so shouldn't have been a problem for them to refund me within the 28 day period. Finally received the payment today nearly two months later with 2 apologies, one for the journey and the other for the delayed refund. Glad I got the money back but what a joke the whole process is.

Virgin Atlantic weren’t much better. Claimed for a 4 hour delay to our flight back from Vegas last year and it took 4-5 emails after the 28 day response period to get any form of personal reply from them.

Have found that Facebooking their public pages does the trick when they start playing up!
  • Quiet in the office and not feeling a million dollars. Thought I’d make a real for it and have an early night. 1623 delayed. Now 20 mins late and terminating at Dartford. Bad luck if you were going to Gravesend.
  • Had to leg it for the train. It's fecking rammed. Couple of middle aged birds behind me pissed out of their mind and gassing away. Cunt next to me on FaceTime... ffs.
  • Sponsored links:

• On a fast to Rochester yet crawling at the moment... Stopping every so often without an explanation - Had best move itself as I have to get a connection back to Strood
  • Happy New Year everyone. Here's to another 12 months of total shit.

Arseholes.
  • Was nothing wrong with my train but decided to have an extra pint, let the delays commence!
  • Rizzo said:

iaitch said:

Again, I get the sarcasm, but I find it hard to understand how foreign governments can make UK trains/utilities so profitable and yet our government is happy to give them away...and let's not get started on the effective state aid that Grayling is about to hand out to Virgin and the East Coast line!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/revealed-how-the-world-gets-rich-from-privatising-british-public-services-9874048.html
  • Been sat at kidbrooke for 14 mins, no explanation from the driver

Kidbrooke is a district of south east London, England, within the Royal Borough of Greenwich. It is northwest of Eltham and 7 1⁄2 miles (12 km) east-south-east of Charing Cross.

The district takes its name from the Kyd Brook, a watercourse which runs from Orpington to Lewisham, by which point it is part of the River Quaggy. It is a tributary to the River Ravensbourne.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidbrooke
    Fascinating. Has Kidbrooke ever been in Kent? Please explain in as much detail as possible.
  • Had to leg it for the train. It's fecking rammed. Couple of middle aged birds behind me pissed out of their mind and gassing away. Cunt next to me on FaceTime... ffs.

Your weren’t sitting next to that bloke at Kidbrooke we’re you?
  • johnny73 said:

Been sat at kidbrooke for 14 mins, no explanation from the driver

Kidbrooke is a district of south east London, England, within the Royal Borough of Greenwich. It is northwest of Eltham and 7 1⁄2 miles (12 km) east-south-east of Charing Cross.

The district takes its name from the Kyd Brook, a watercourse which runs from Orpington to Lewisham, by which point it is part of the River Quaggy. It is a tributary to the River Ravensbourne.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidbrooke
    Fascinating. Has Kidbrooke ever been in Kent? Please explain in as much detail as possible.
    Nnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooòooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo it hasn't
  • I commuted for 37 years from rainham Kent to cannon street . a nightmare then and appears still the same .
    The only answer is to work more local .
  • Sponsored links:

• Southern Rail are turning a bad day worse for me atm. Think they may even have Southeastern beat for shitness
  • Leuth said:

Southern Rail are turning a bad day worse for me atm. Think they may even have Southeastern beat for shitness

ATM comparison of the major train companies? Hope you have mouthwash.
  • The departure boards at East Croydon have a 'Was calling at:' header for cancelled trains

Fucksake
  • Mind you, every cloud - the Palace fans will be stuck in this shit soon
  • The tories under Thatcher have left this country in a mess!
  • Train was 7mins late today at Strood... Didnt help that it departed its first station late too - How the bloody is that managed!!!
  • Leuth said:

Southern Rail are turning a bad day worse for me atm. Think they may even have Southeastern beat for shitness

ATM comparison of the major train companies? Hope you have mouthwash.
    Both owned by the same company.
  • edited January 2018

The tories under Thatcher have left this country in a mess!

Move on :wink:
  • The tories under Thatcher have left this country in a mess!

Move on :wink:
    Unlike the trains by the sound of it :-)