Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Come on you lot - it could be much worse. Think of what all these disruptions are doing to the lives of those trainspotters at Palace. No goals, no points and no trains. Life must be truly desperate - enough to make them want to jump in front of one. Assuming, of course, they could find a train to do so.
  • Is that the trespasser on the Greenwich line again?
  • So who can guess what South Eastern's Twitter Profile Picture is at the moment? A train in a picturesque setting, a nice picture of a station, a friendly train driver sitting in his cabin, or perhaps a Revenue Protection Officer attacking an elderly passenger for presenting a Senior Railcard that's 2 days past its annual expiry date? Surely something which reassures you that they are a train company and the correct people to contact if you have some feedback about a recent journey or need information on how to claim compensation for your recent 11 hour journey from Woolwich Arsenal to Woolwich Dockyard?

It's none of those things. Can anyone give me a decent explanation for why they are currently masquerading as a high end farmers' market, cos it looks to me like another attempt to try and skive off dealing with complaints from angry passengers?

https://twitter.com/Se_Railway

"Hi @Se_Railway, my trains been late every morning for the last 3 months, what are you gonna do about it?!" -
    "Sorry @MrLargo, we're just a Farmer's Market. I can only answer questions about organic carrots"

Pathetic thieving shits.
  • Looks like the building next to Canterbury West station ? Former goods shed or something.
  • Looks like the building next to Canterbury West station ? Former goods shed or something.

Lovely place the Goods shed. Great food.
  • They can't afford to turn the lights on in the carriage I'm in!
  • And we think we’ve got it bad:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-42009839

I've had to do that myself a good few times over the years.
  • Sponsored links:

• And we think we’ve got it bad:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-42009839

Utter scoundrels.
  • I used their Delay Repay scheme for the first time last week to claim back for two delayed journeys home.

On the plus side, it was relatively easy and have had quite quick confirmation that it has been approved.
    Now I just need to decide what to with all of the £2.40 (total).
  • Fucking bastard, shitface, twatty, cock sucking, excuse making, lying, shit eating, cunting wankers. The lot of them.

ARGGHGGHGGHGGGG

The one fucking day I need to get to work dead on time and we're 40 mins fucking late. Joke joke joke.

Angry canters
  • Going at fucking snails pace all the bloody way.

Of course there are no seats. Love a bit of standing me.

Good thing the guard has decided to hide today as if he came through asking for tickets I reckon he'd have got a punch or three.
  • The excuses today keep switching between a broken down train and an object on the tracks. Which suggests to me it's just them lying. And their inability to sort out a schedule is the real problem.
  • Fucking bastard, shitface, twatty, cock sucking, excuse making, lying, shit eating, cunting wankers. The lot of them.

ARGGHGGHGGHGGGG

The one fucking day I need to get to work dead on time and we're 40 mins fucking late. Joke joke joke.

Angry canters

Did you leave earlier than usual today?

ARGGHGGHGGHGGGG

Angry canters

Fucking bastard, shitface, twatty, cock sucking, excuse making, lying, shit eating, cunting wankers. The lot of them.

ARGGHGGHGGHGGGG

Angry canters

you ok hun? xx
    Seem to remember someone posting on this thread a while back saying that Canters would love the commute back into London for about five minutes... After that he'd lose patience completely and try to take control of the train in his frustration

I think that day has actually arrived.
    The first of very many!

ARGGHGGHGGHGGGG

Angry canters

Yes I did and got in more than 15 mins later than I would usually. Joke.

No I didn't take control of the train although I bloody should have. Just had a very stressful morning..

Carry on.
  • Sponsored links:

ARGGHGGHGGHGGGG

Angry canters

No I didn't take control of the train although I bloody should have. Just had a very stressful morning..

Carry on.
    We'd never have guessed.....
  • It's really stressful when you need to be in on time. I had it the other week so I caught the DLR as I really couldn't be late as vip meetings and I didn't trust Southeastern. The DLR is so reliable it runs on time, all day every day.

That morning, someone got sick on the DLR in front and I got thrown off at Limehouse.

Thank god for a black cab that got me there in time.

• HarryLime said:

Fucking bastard, shitface, twatty, cock sucking, excuse making, lying, shit eating, cunting wankers. The lot of them.

ARGGHGGHGGHGGGG

Angry canters

ARGGHGGHGGHGGGG

Angry canters

you ok hun? xx
    Seem to remember someone posting on this thread a while back saying that Canters would love the commute back into London for about five minutes... After that he'd lose patience completely and try to take control of the train in his frustration

It was MrLargo earlier on this thread, It was one of my favourites ever on Charlton Life so I saved it, I'll repeat it now:

You'll be back. You'll finish Uni,and get a great job that you're really excited about in Central London.

A week after starting your new job, everyone in your office will be slagging you off behind your back 'cos you've been late everyday and when you tell them it's because of disruption caused by a signal failure at Erith they just laugh in your face.

You spend the next month trying to redeem your reputation by getting the first train of the day, but still end up being late for work due to a sustained spell of "extreme weather" (light rain and a couple of clouds).

A month further on and South Eastern decide to invoke the infamous "emergency timetable", in response to rumours that strong gales in the Caribbean may lead to the temperature in the South East of England dropping by up to 1C. You start going home from work every evening, having a shower and then turning around and leaving for work again in the hope that allowing 14 hours to get in from Kent will be sufficient to negate even the severest of delays.

By this point you've started drinking heavily, you've forgotten what it's like to have a normal night's sleep and you're on a formal warning at work after assaulting a colleague who innocently asked you "how was your journey into work this morning?". You hate your job, you hate your colleagues, you hate yourself.

Things come to a head around 6 months in, when, after 4 consecutive trains are cancelled on your morning journey due to a displaced train crew and excessive daylight, you are arrested after dragging a train driver from his cabin and attempting to drive the train yourself. The arresting officer claims that he found you naked in the driver's cabin, singing "Come Along and Ride This Train" by Johnny Cash.

Faced with a 6 year prison sentence, you plead not guilty on the grounds of diminished responsibility, and are instead detained indefinitely at Maudsley Psychiatric Hospital.

Welcome to the real world, kid.
    Thats the one... I did mean to quote the post yet couldnt remember who posted it or when

ARGGHGGHGGHGGGG

Angry canters

Carry on.
    it is a joke mate, a friend of mine literally just made it to an interview recently despite leaving home an hour earlier than he should have needed to.

He didn't get it and put it down to being stressed and sweaty having run from the station to the office
  • HarryLime said:

ARGGHGGHGGHGGGG

Angry canters

ARGGHGGHGGHGGGG

Angry canters

you ok hun? xx

It was MrLargo earlier on this thread, It was one of my favourites ever on Charlton Life so I saved it, I'll repeat it now:

You'll be back. You'll finish Uni,and get a great job that you're really excited about in Central London.

A week after starting your new job, everyone in your office will be slagging you off behind your back 'cos you've been late everyday and when you tell them it's because of disruption caused by a signal failure at Erith they just laugh in your face.

You spend the next month trying to redeem your reputation by getting the first train of the day, but still end up being late for work due to a sustained spell of "extreme weather" (light rain and a couple of clouds).

A month further on and South Eastern decide to invoke the infamous "emergency timetable", in response to rumours that strong gales in the Caribbean may lead to the temperature in the South East of England dropping by up to 1C. You start going home from work every evening, having a shower and then turning around and leaving for work again in the hope that allowing 14 hours to get in from Kent will be sufficient to negate even the severest of delays.

By this point you've started drinking heavily, you've forgotten what it's like to have a normal night's sleep and you're on a formal warning at work after assaulting a colleague who innocently asked you "how was your journey into work this morning?". You hate your job, you hate your colleagues, you hate yourself.

Things come to a head around 6 months in, when, after 4 consecutive trains are cancelled on your morning journey due to a displaced train crew and excessive daylight, you are arrested after dragging a train driver from his cabin and attempting to drive the train yourself. The arresting officer claims that he found you naked in the driver's cabin, singing "Come Along and Ride This Train" by Johnny Cash.

Faced with a 6 year prison sentence, you plead not guilty on the grounds of diminished responsibility, and are instead detained indefinitely at Maudsley Psychiatric Hospital.

Welcome to the real world, kid.
    Incredibly accurate. I'm nearly at the 4 month point...
  • Is that before or after the formal warning for assault?