Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose Riga 100% support or....?

Comments

• edited April 2014
    No it's 80 to 85%.

I posted the day he was appointed, very pissed off that I was regarding Powell, that he will have done a fantastic job given the circumstances of his arrival if he keeps us up. He has delivered.
    The pattern has been interesting, some heavy defeats, some narrow wins hefted in there, and he has had an effect on the players, getting more out of some of them, but ironically not the 'imported' ones. He has eventually worked out how to deploy the resources and tonight's team tells you a lot about that, previously there has been a sense of flying by the seat of his pants. He has consistently conducted himself well and is not difficult to like personally.

Jose Riga has done really well, fantastically well actually.

IF he remains in the job and is picking the team, then the degree to which he is his own man within the network, and the degree to which he really understands the Championship and it's merciless demands, and the degree to which he improves the standing of Charlton Athletic, will help me get closer to 100% support.
  • Cannot argue with what Riga has done, give him a big bonus.
    However, I feel he is only keeping the seat warm for somebody else but he should be given the chance to see what he can do WITH HIS OWN SIGNINGS.
  • One billion percent
  • I love Chrissy and am still sad he has gone, but I would like Jose to stay on. He has shown he knows what he is doing from day one - well done mate.
  • Many might think that Riga has earned himself the chance of a contract renewal for fulfilling "the mission" over the last two months. I'd like to think that Duchatelet will reward success and give Riga to improve the squad and deliver a top half team next season. Riga always had 100% support from me because he was our clubs head coach and I could see something working from the off. It was only the Barnsley game where I felt let down by line up and performance but I would never let that detract from my support for the club, coach and players...so no regrets for this season and no fear for next
  • Anyone else think he sounded drunk during his speech tonight? :D
  • The number of games we had in hand was both a positive and a challenge that had to be managed. He did well and was clearly not under the same pressure as Chrissy was to play network players. I was ready not to like him, but from the first game, I could see he was his own man who knew what he was doing. I think it would be good if he stays in charge now.
  • The number of games we had in hand was both a positive and a challenge that had to be managed. He did well and was clearly not under the same pressure as Chrissy was to play network players. I was ready not to like him, but from the first game, I could see he was his own man who knew what he was doing. I think it would be good if he stays in charge now.

Think it strange that CP was under pressure to play network players but Jose could play who he chose. Fair play to him for that and the football has been better,but I think it shows CP was never going to be rolands man.
  • Well that didn't last long.
    Gone but never forgotten.
  • Bumped.

100% support from me.
  • Sponsored links:

• 100% from me an all
  • Has to be. Yes 100%
  • From me too, for now. He earned my respect last time around despite the fact I didn't want him initially. I hope he keeps us up and has the opportunity to show us what he can do in a full season as manager/head coach or whatever you want to call him.
  • Yep 100% behind him and the players.. have a fight on the pitch as well as the fight off the pitch.
  • 100% behind Jose whatever happens. He will do his best and he is a competent manager, it maybe too late but you never know.
  • 100% support RD KM MURRAY MINT OUT
  • IF he keeps us up again this year then the bloke is a club legend.
  • 100% from me.

Saying the right things in his post match interview. I'm expecting a vast improvement next weekend.
  • IAgree said:

Sorry but first game in charge six nil! 100% support!?!!@!?@!

RD should have gone for an experienced Championship Manager and we all know it.

After today the only thing I am 100% about is that we are getting relegated and that it will be a disaster.

And you don't reckon we woulda lost 6-0 today under an experienced champ manager after 2 days in charge?
  • Sponsored links:

• He gets my support but only because he's done it before. Just for that I still have a tiny bit of hope he can do it again.

He's part of the network but at least he's likeable.
  • 100% support from me.
  • From the depths of despair this afternoon. I suddenly feel encouraged that this manager (who actually sounds like a manager) may and only may have the ability to get us out of this mess.
  • What choice do we have?
  • Time will tell and we have to hope he is better than his recent performances at clubs suggest. If he gets us out of this mess then he may well get the freedom of SE7. For me, now, I am prepared to give him cautious support.
  • He gets my support but only because he's done it before. Just for that I still have a tiny bit of hope he can do it again.

He's part of the network but at least he's likeable.

The network part doesn't really worry me too much because he comes across as if he is his own man. I always got the feeling with Fraeye and Luzon that they were trying to prove something to Roland. I don't get that impression with Riga, he seems genuinely confident in his ability.
  • 100% from me.Riga is one of us.

Support the team, not the regime.
  • IAgree said:

After today the only thing I am 100% about is that we are getting relegated and that it will be a disaster.

And you don't reckon we woulda lost 6-0 today under an experienced champ manager after 2 days in charge?
    I think that this is another example of RD ignoring everyone and what is logical and pressing ahead with his Belgium manager - go - round. This weeks farce has been a shocking example, if one were needed, of how arrogant RD is.

I think this is the wrong choice at this time, I am not at all confident Riga will turn it around and losing six nil has not exactly got me jumping for joy.

There were plenty of alternatives to this, and the other, appointments and yes I actually do think that some of them would have done better today and have a better chance of keeping us up.

• PS hope I am wrong - I really do!
  • IAgree said:

IAgree said:

I think that this is another example of RD ignoring everyone and what is logical and pressing ahead with his Belgium manager - go - round. This weeks farce has been a shocking example, if one were needed, of how arrogant RD is.

I think this is the wrong choice at this time, I am not at all confident Riga will turn it around and losing six nil has not exactly got me jumping for joy.

There were plenty of alternatives to this, and the other, appointments and yes I actually do think that some of them would have done better today and have a better chance of keeping us up.

I'm not confident either, but you can't blame Riga for today's performance, the guy only arrived yesterday, he would have had very little input, certainly not enough to say that he was to blame for such an inept display.