Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose Riga 100% support or....?

100% support from me. I am gutted by today's news but no man (even SCP) is bigger than the club).

COYR

Comments

• Don't really care for this manager nor the current players at the moment, I simply cannot see them being around for long bar a couple, none have contracts and we do not know the managers contract. It's the long term that's where I am doubting, totally neutral as to this 'head coach', good luck to him keeping us up. He could work magic and keep us up I still would not be happy. Credentiality wise he looks good but he's been lobbed in at the deep end, and won't enjoy the tools he has to work with and the teams he is coming up against.
  • How can we say?
  • Jose Riga's red and white army. COYR's
  • If he plays the conference keeper tomorrow, he can feck off.
  • Not happy with any of this today. Powell deserved a chance and I hope he goes on and proves it.

As for us now we have to give 100% support otherwise we will create a toxic spiral towards relegation. Let's hope the players give Powell a performance and as fans so should we. Save the vitriol for if we get relegated.
  • It's too early to slag off a new manager. He's been appointed today at the behest of the owner, and when we kick off Weds night he will have had less than 48 hours in the job. Lets be realistic here - until the new manager has a chance to have proven himself he at least deserves the benefit of the doubt. We know nothing about him and have to give him a fair crack of the whip so we need to give him 100% support. The players need to do so too.

• @Stig, is the new banner your handiwork?
  • This new guy is just a piece of the puzzle that adds up to make the new dumping ground for players not good enough for Liege's XI.

The sooner he goes, the better. We need a manager who actually cares about the club and wants us to be competitive within one of the best leagues in Europe.
  • @aliwibble AFKA's brain, my fingers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Like it :-)
  • Just posted this on another thread, probably more appropriate here:
    Following one of our very few, good wins a couple of months ago CP said "we played as if the shackles had been taken off". I thought at the time, what shackles?? Who is imposing the shackles?
    But to me that seemed to be how the team had been playing for most of the season. We will soon see whether these players are good enough to play open attacking football. I think they are better than they have been showing of late. Reza, with a little more luck could have had three goals already. I also fail to see why anyone, RD or Riga, would want to play a goalkeeper who is totally useless. They might as well just concede the points and not bother playing. It makes no sense. If Thuram is hopeless, Riga will either not start with him, or will soon drop him. Yes man, or no yes man, no manager would start a game with a useless goalkeeper.
    As things now stand, we have to support what is left of Charlton. Hamer, Wiggins, Solly, Morrison, Cort, Wood, Hughes, Jacko, Poyet, Cousins, Harriot etc : they are all our lads and deserve our support no matter who is coaching them. Let's at least get fully behind them and see where it takes us. Who knows, they may actually end up enjoying playing a new style of football. They may improve their skills and go on to be better players. Things were certainly going very stale recently, I'm sure the majority of fans would agree with that.
    Does Riga have my 100% support? I'll reserve judgement and support the players that are playing for Charlton, my team.
  • Seth I agree with a lot if your posts, but your abuse of the new manager is silly imo.

Yes we didn't want Powell out, but that is not the new managers fault.

Get on the back of the openers by all means, but let's get behind the manager and the team.

I guarantee jacko, hamer, Hughes, solly et.c are hurting a lot right now so let's get behind the team for their sake, not because we want to prove a pointless point,
  • It's not the manager I'm concerned about, I hold no grudge and wish him well. The situation is not his fault. Don't think I can give him full support yet though because It's the uncertainty over the whole situation and Charlton's and his role in it that I'm concerned with.
  • Not happy about the manner this came about. It would have been nice if the Belgian had been this decisive in the january transfer window. However, I want the new guy to succeed, and I don't see this mess as his fault.
    Mind you, as someone mentioned, if Thuram starts, it will lay the new manager policy out on a plate.
  • edited March 2014
    It would be very unfair to take any frustrations out on him - most managers get their job when another loses theirs. I feel a bit sorry for him as not sure he would have been put in the picture in relation to what he was signing up too. He is going to have to hit the ground running, that's for sure - but I have no animosity towards him whatsoever. I pray for his sake he doesn't start with Thuram tonight, would be akin to the captain of the Titanic saying "Full steam ahead". Somebody ought to tip him off about this before he does it.
  • I hope his first port of call is a chat with Keith Peacock regarding the players abilities. I trust Keith's footballing knowledge more than anyone at the club and he likes football to be played in the correct manner, as he proved when he took charge of the team for the Spurs cup game.
  • People are taking this question as being for us fans. the real question should be at the players. Some were very loyal to SCP and will now say wtf? They probably knew before sunday and that partly explains our non performance.
  • If the players are only loyal to CP then what does it say about them? They are paid by the club to do a job.

So if Sunday's performance was a protest at the impending sacking it doesn't say much about their attitude to the fans who got up early and travelled to support them.

• Sponsored links:

• redman said:

People are taking this question as being for us fans. the real question should be at the players. Some were very loyal to SCP and will now say wtf? They probably knew before sunday and that partly explains our non performance.

Nothing that a 100k per man "staying up bonus" won't solve. It's all about money, players these days are loyal to their flash cars, nice houses and superior way of life. That's a generalisation of course, there might be the odd one who might walk away in protest.
  • It wasn't a protest - it would have been hard to sack Powell had we got to a semi. If I was a player who felt loyal to him, my greatest feeling would be that I have let him down.
  • Stig said:

@aliwibble AFKA's brain, my fingers.

All we need now is Duchâtelet's torso with Carl Leaburn's legs and Dr Frankenstein can get straight to work.
  • 100% support Charlton whoever is in charge.
  • Like the new banner
    Good luck Jose go with your own views on players even if it doesn't suit huh mans views or whichever cock in a bun is informing him on players
  • 100% from me. Not his fault. It will start slipping if he blindly picks RD's players.
  • The new manager starts with 100% support
  • Seeing as it is becoming increasingly clear that Chrissy was sacked because he was not willing to relinquish control of picking and recruiting players - it has to be unlikely that his replacement will have that control!