Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose Riga 100% support or....?

Comments

• Sadly so.

My support of this manager purely depends on selection and tactics over the next 2 games. I don't think you can hold him to just 1 game. At the moment I am 50/50.
    After tonight if he goes for all Thuram-Ulien etc and wins my view will go 55/45 in support or loses... I'm not sure.

If he goes with a the clearly stronger players I'll go 60/40 in support if we win or maintain 50/50 if we lose.

I am accepting of him coming in, but I won't easily be led to believe he is better than what we had without a serious improvement in results... FAST.
  • 100% for the new manager and the team from me. His team, his selection (we hope). We've got a squad for a reason so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt if he does pick the SL players, and I'll give them the support initially for the first few games even if I feel they aren't the best picks.

As Ive said before, we have 4 games in hand and if he can get us some points on the board regardless of selection then there isn't any reason to be disappointed with the football/performance side of the club.
  • 100% and some optimism that we might play a little more positively and try something different. Performances were tired and predictable, time for change.
  • I am not expecting instant results frankly, CP was clearly popular with his players which is highly laudable - it would be only human of them to feel a bit of resentment at this unknown stranger to essentially have been imposed on them. On the other hand, I expect them to be professional enough to listen to his advice and take on what he suggests as we have nothing to lose by trying a different approach right now - we're odds on to go down, we would be under any manager.

The ones who really need to back Riga are the likes of Hughes and Jackson, the leaders in the squad. The players MUST pull together if we are to have any kind of chance.
  • He has 1 hundred percent of my support

The keeper vs hamer thing is hillarious as if Turham had nearly gifted the striker the ball and failed on 9 out of 10 kicks on sunday like hamer did he wouldve been ruined

This has to stop the only thing that is not for changing or turning is the fans of this club getting behind the players to get out of this shit regardless of who they are we have 5 games in hand 5 games

A huge opportunity to rescue something that before yesterdays decision was fukd

• Nego at right back and wilson in midfield is where I would change straight off put poyet and jordan in cm

Play church and rezza upfront

• He has 1 hundred percent of my support

The keeper vs hamer thing is hillarious as if Turham had nearly gifted the striker the ball and failed on 9 out of 10 kicks on sunday like hamer did he wouldve been ruined

This has to stop the only thing that is not for changing or turning is the fans of this club getting behind the players to get out of this shit regardless of who they are we have 5 games in hand 5 games

A huge opportunity to rescue something that before yesterdays decision was fukd

NLA talking sense again. Would play Jacko on the left, AA in middle with DP or Jordan.
  • I'm gonna maintain that Thuram-Ulien isn't anywhere near as bad as people make him out to be, and has a couple of gun performances in him
  • Or AA just behind Reza

We need to be offensive on the pitch tonight not offensive and toxic in the stands

Seems NWC that there is enough people willing to wait and see pal so we aint alone

We both know powelly was shit on from full season 2 but we can't change that
  • Or AA just behind Reza

We need to be offensive on the pitch tonight not offensive and toxic in the stands

Seems NWC that there is enough people willing to wait and see pal so we aint alone

We both know powelly was shit on from full season 2 but we can't change that

Exactly mate, gotta be positive from now on.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm going to sit quietly tonight, reviewing the team selection, tactics and players attitude. Will do the same at Millwall. My support for RD and friends will depend on a competitive future for the club I love, CAFC.
  • Leuth said:

I'm gonna maintain that Thuram-Ulien isn't anywhere near as bad as people make him out to be, and has a couple of gun performances in him

I do think it's possible at least. Unfortunately he made one obvious and costly error early on and that has coloured every perception since then - every mistake is catastrophic, and every save a lucky fluke. People will take out their frustrations with RD on Thuram, and the vicious circle will spin round and round and round.... and it will all be Thuram's fault. Hey, at least the new scapegoat is sorted nice and early!
  • edited March 2014
    I think he also punches when he could catch which British fans don't like. I am in the middle on this one as I am a great believer that keepers should have a risk averse game and that means making the right calls when to come out and when to punch and catch. Some punchers take it too far though and from what I have seen of Thuram, he is in this category.
  • Where are we at now then ladies and gents after tonight's result?
  • Not going to judge him until after 10 games.
  • Don't have a problem with Riga, I support Charlton and went mad when we scored and when the final whistle went tonight. But it felt half as good as it would have felt had Powell been in charge and I still don't feel like Riga has done anything that Powell wouldn't have done had he been in charge.

Can't agree with that tbh. I was at the game tonight, at we were definitely very different to under Powell. We very very rarely hoofed it up the pitch and looked so much more creative. Riga's 4-5-1 with players running from the midfield in behind was far more daring than the very defensive formation I believe Powell would have gone with tonight. I'm a massive Powell fan, and think it was harsh to sack him, but on the evidence so far, 100% for Riga from me.
    You can't beat an opinion from somebody at the game - a good post - looks like the team are picking up on a new way to play. Shame the pitch at home makes it difficult for us.
  • He's the Charlton manager so 100% support from me.

A new song for Jose

Jose.... He's only got one suit
    He's only got one suit
    He's only got one suit

Etc etc etc
  • Hopefully he continues his magic and is allowed to continue next season unless the freak huh has other ideas
  • Sponsored links:

• A goodish start, but way too early. I wasn't 100% sure about CP as a manager until the first close season when he was allowed to specify how he would rebuild the team, and then executed that rebuilding brilliantly. I am not even sure if Riga will have any say in the matter as yet, when we reach a similar stage. His remarks about how to address the goal-scoring problem suggest to me that he will not. He sounded like the company man afraid to stick up for his department in front of the domineering boss.
  • His substitutions on a whole have been a lot better and mostly made at the right times which is much different for one. So far so good
  • Taken us from bottom to 2 points clear of the zone without using any of the games in hand.
    I know someone will point out we did it not long ago but I can't remember ever winning at Forest - then again, my head hurts this morning :o)
    Great job. 100% support from me.
  • I support Charlton and whoever is in charge of the team has 100% support from me....

.....until we get lose loads of games in a row or something....
  • dickplumb said:

Hopefully he continues his magic and is allowed to continue next season unless the freak huh has other ideas

Why is the owner a freak? He has paid a fair amount of money to take over the Club, has appointed Riga who is doing his best to get us out of the position that Powell put us in. He will be putting in his hard earned to sort out the pitch. We are spending money upgrading the training ground. Very unfair and inaccurate comment.

I think he was being ironic. The 'huh' is the giveaway
  • Don't have a problem with Riga, I support Charlton and went mad when we scored and when the final whistle went tonight. But it felt half as good as it would have felt had Powell been in charge and I still don't feel like Riga has done anything that Powell wouldn't have done had he been in charge.

That would be apart from being able to work with the clubs owner.

• We were comprehensively beaten 3 -0 only a few days ago. To pick ourselves up to win away from home to a team on the verge of the play offs is a fantastic achievement. Many were saying "lets see how Riga performs after a defeat", well now we have seen. Finally there seems to be some cohesion between the midfield and the attack. I'd be interested to know from someone who was there, did we sit back and defend the lead after we scored? Also how did Astrit last the 90 mins, has he finally reached full fitness?
  • We were comprehensively beaten 3 -0 only a few days ago. To pick ourselves up to win away from home to a team on the verge of the play offs is a fantastic achievement. Many were saying "lets see how Riga performs after a defeat", well now we have seen. Finally there seems to be some cohesion between the midfield and the attack. I'd be interested to know from someone who was there, did we sit back and defend the lead after we scored? Also how did Astrit last the 90 mins, has he finally reached full fitness?

Completely forgot my comments of "Lets see how he does after a defeat" (Which tbh I'll use for any Manager) but hats off to Riga, we certainly seemed to dig deep last night and grinded out a result... would have been a bit harder as well after the Burnely game what with having to lift the players

Said it before as well... Unless there is a top name coming in the summer would be more than happy for Riga to stay