Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sheffield United v Charlton QF FA Cup 2014 post-match views

14567810»

Comments

• Only lost 2 cup matches in 17 under Clough.
    Knocked the high flying Saints out of the league cup in the quarterfinal.
    Maybe puts last years defeat into perspective. ;-)
  • A surprising result tonight but doesn't really put our game into perspective. It was, and is likely to remain, our best chance of reaching a cup semi final for a good 10-15 years at least
  • Most depressing thread on Charlton Life ever.
  • Doesn't put our game in to perspective at all. We were a total embarrassment that day.
  • Shite bump. Sink!
  • Doesn't put our game in to perspective at all. We were a total embarrassment that day.

No oomph or passion.

Before the game NEVER had I been so confident we were going to win a game of football.
  • cabbles said:

I'm still angry, and I didn't even go. This site really helps work it out your system.

I'm not angry - that game was a catalyst. We are where we are now as a result.
    Far too simplistic to suggest some fans like Powell and Yann and some don't. Essentially we are in a new era where the club owner can afford to invest but he might not spend a fortune to push the club on. There is still pressure on the squad and head coach...but there is also anticipation of another cup run FFS! Lol.
    Bottom line is I think we have a squad which can challenge next season... 12 months ago all we had was downside risk.