Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sheffield United v Charlton QF FA Cup 2014 post-match views

edited March 2014 in General Charlton
Let the post match moans begin.... A woeful and worrying display.

Comments

• Powell is awful.
  • Dog turd display at best
  • Afraid we got exactly what we deserved.
  • Absolute fucking joke. Still trying to play the football we played when kermorgant was playing. Hoof after hoof after hoof with not one of the strikers winning a header
  • Shameful, can't wait for Powell's post match excuses.
  • MattD said:

Powell is awful.

Where did he play?
  • Gutless, shameful, no passion. We just rolled over, absolutely disgusted
  • Travel safe to all the returning hordes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Went Leicester last week and we were awful there, got away with it because Leicester were top.

Not sure what's happened but the QPR winner and winning at Wednesday you thought we might pick things up but no. 2 wins in the league in about 3 months, bottom of the league and a poor squad which has needed investment since last summer.

Today like most games we are far too negative too get enough results in the league to stay up.
  • laboured, toothless, poor, carry on like that and we are down
  • I've now had enough
    U can stick ur season ticket and crossbar membership up ur a@#e
    Cheers Rowland
    Kermo s lastest piece sums it up for me
  • Wasn't a great game in general for a neutral. Neither us or United hardly threatened before Harriott missed the open goal. I hate to say it but Yann on the end of that probably would have scored. 2 goals in 2 mins killed the game for us, and to cap it off we hardly threatened 1 goal after that let alone 2.

Ah well, roll on Wednesday night, win that and beat Millwall and this game will be long forgotten.
  • Gutted. Absolutely gutted.

As hard as it is, we really need to think about the league now. Millwall next weekend is going to be such a crucial game.

If we can get a result midweek then next weekend, then some morale and belief may creep in because I bloody well didn't see any today.
  • I'm going to try and be positive here.

The only thing, the only thing that will make that performance worthwhile is that it teaches Powell the lesson that if we play defensively for the rest of the season we are down to L1 no question.

He has to go for it in games - no choice.
  • Worrying today. I haven't criticised Powell, but he is worrying me.
  • Up until they scored whilst our display was not impressive by any means I thought we looked relatively comfortable. There was commitment but no real goal threat, no movement and no guile. We did have the chance to go ahead but it wasn't to be. My real gripe though is that once Sheff Utd scored the wheels just came off. There was no response other than looking more likely to concede (which we did immediately). Never for a second did you think we might turn it round. There was no gear to step up to. Sure Sheff Utd are a team in good form but really if this is all we are capable of we will sink in League 1 like a stone. Overall we were a poor second best.
  • Sponsored links:

• They deserved everything. Playing a one paced centralised team is one that has little chance to get anything. If you're gonna play a no pace team, just pack the midfield and win the territorial battle. Playing two up front isolated, is useless. If you are almost assured of having someone isolated, why not one? Especially when they play no cf's themselves.

They were an attacking team of midgets, who are going to play in between the full backs and midfielders. I'm not frustrated as the right team won.

Poyet does not push into space well, Cousins does. Either way in the center, Poyet or Cousins needs an experienced player. Reza has to play at home, as without any pace we don't pull center halves out of position.
  • We don't have any strikers at all. Watching simon church try and shoot is embarrassing. He can't kick a ball with any power at all

Wood was very poor today.

Ajdarevic should always be on from the start.

Sheffield deserved to win.

Come back Yann. All is forgiven.
  • There is a positive from all this and that is, we ain't gonna be conceding double figures at Wembley
  • same old same for us and the big occasion then

back to the league

need to dig ourselves out of a mess

..... at least i don't need to start figuring out how best to spend a grand flying home for wembley
  • It was a terribly flat performance but we were undone by a missed open goal & then two horrible defensive errors in two minutes. What was Wiggins doing on the cross for the first goal? The deflected second goal knocked our limited confidence for six & we had nothing left to give after that. Sheffield were hugely confident after winning eight games on the trot, and why wouldn't they be? They won at a canter. Our big problem is that we never look like scoring; we just sit back & hope to get something on the break. You can't just blame the revolving door of inadequate strikers either, we are just not set up to attack teams, create chances & score goals. Sheffield Utd, on the other hand, looked like they could score at will. We have to change the way we play & adopt a more attacking approach or we will be down to Division 1 before Easter.
  • Massive opportunity like that and we didn't even give it a go. The only player who had a shot on target on the bench for most of it.

Unforgivable really and the effect on confidence makes relegation almost certain.

I predict the same thing will happen at Millwall next week.
  • That was shit, 1 real shot on target
  • 5-0 wouldn't have been unfair. So so bad. We are in a world of trouble.
    And now my Satnav has lost the plot.