Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Yohann Thuram (zombie thread)

Comments

• so now we have 3 keepers who could all be gone in june,dont make sense to me unless we are selling our 2
  • boggzy said:

Anyone know how the Blues fans have taken to Randolph? I'm still of the opinion he's better than all off Elliot, Hamer and Alnwick and that we really should have tried harder to keep him.

My mate who's a blues fan says a lot (including him) think he's their best player at the moment.
    Thanks boggzy. Pleased to hear he's still doing well, shame it's at such a scummy club.

• C_A_F_C said:

Lillian Thuram's cousin

Hope he's more of the real deal than George Weah's cousin was!

• Welcome Yohann. Let's hope he's the bees knees and Roland's plan is for him to move here permanently and not just get fit for next season in goal for Liege.
  • Wow, we could do with a LWM, RWM, CB, and Striker but no, we have two quality goalies already and we go and sign another goalie!
  • Welcome to the Valley Yohann...

If it is just till the Summer to aid his chances of being in the French World Cup squad, well we didnt do too badly last time with brought in a player in the same sort of situation (a certain Jorge Costa)
  • If he is better than Alnwick and Hamer then great. No room for sentimentality.

Will be very interested to hear Powells comments.
  • Welcome Yohann, but this is a Roland move not Powell's
  • Hamer to Celtic
  • Sponsored links:

• How does yohann get in the team. As far as im concerned alnwick has done nothing to warrant being dropped. Maybe yohann will start tomorrow.
  • How does yohann get in the team. As far as im concerned alnwick has done nothing to warrant being dropped. Maybe yohann will start tomorrow.

Club have already said he didn't sign in time.
  • I can't see CP being to happy about all this
  • Can't start tomorrow as didn't sign in time.

Those having a wee whinge - let's say he's better than we have got, that's a good thing. As he has come from Standard we may only be making a small contribution to his wages, maybe none at all. Let's say Hamer ges out on loan and we save his 3k pw wages so allowing us to get a decent striker in. You'd all be happy then wouldnt you.

CP said he will need to be creative in this window and to me it looks exactly that.

Only problem I see is that Alnwick doesn't deserve to be dropped but I can't see Thuram coming to bench warm as he needs to play.
  • I worry about the effect it would have on the rest of the team if we were to drop Alnwick to make way for Yohann. Dressing room morale would take a nose dive.

Slightly concerned that RD appears to be calling the shots right now.
  • well we're all waiting for these 'other' position signings .. preferrably someone SCP would want , not some Standard Liege reject
  • Do we really need another keeper , we need a forward who can hit the back net , totally bemused we have 3 decent keepers.
  • I worry about the effect it would have on the rest of the team if we were to drop Alnwick to make way for Yohann. Dressing room morale would take a nose dive.

???????????

Of course he's calling the shots! Who do you think should be?
  • Is that an IF that CP wants to chance though Large? This has got the potential to make a small improvement but also the chance of upsetting the apple cart.

This smells to me of CP being told to take him and him having to accept it.

I'm not sure either of the goalies or CP is gonna be pleased by it.
  • I can't see CP being to happy about all this

Not sure RD is going to be that bothered to be honest and if he is calling the shots now I think we'll have to get used to it. RD is not going to be a benevolent paternal owner allowing his managers do what they like.
  • Sponsored links:

• reserves said:

Hamer to Celtic

Where's Forster off to then?
  • Kap10 said:

I can't see CP being to happy about all this

Not sure RD is going to be that bothered to be honest and if he is calling the shots now I think we'll have to get used to it. RD is not going to be a benevolent paternal owner allowing his managers do what they like.
    And you think CP will put up with that for how long??
  • Don't understand the moaning at all. Getting in a keeper doesn't mean we can't also strengthen elsewhere. I like Alnwick but he's hardly Iker Casillas, if Thuram is better than him and can nick us a few more points on the road then great.

It's the potential he has to block chances for our youth team, using up a loan slot that can't be used for other players and generally the fear that he might be RD's choice rather than CP. I see your point, but for the reasons above I'm personally not sure he'd be a good thing for us. Really hope I'm proven wrong!

• Interestingly no quote from anyone on the website about this signing. Might as well throw him in tomorrow.
  • Solly. Didn't realise he hadn't signed in time. Think hamer will most probably start tomorrow then.
  • Kap10 said:

I can't see CP being to happy about all this

And you think CP will put up with that for how long??
    He put up with it to a certain degree for nigh on 3 years with the other mob.
  • If you have just spent (purportedly) £20m of your own money on buying a football club, what are you going to do?

Walk away and hope everything comes out for the best?

Be realistic! Look at other rich owners. Abramovic never hesitated in sacking Mourinho. Even Mansour didn't hesitate when he got rid of Hughes.

And then you have people like Al Fayed with his statue of Michael Jackson.

And you have the extreme of Vincent Tann.

Some people need to get real. We are owned by RD now, and he will run us how he wants to. Not like we would.

???????????

Of course he's calling the shots! Who do you think should be?
    I didnt explain myself very well. What I meant was that RD seems to be dictating which players come in with SCP having very little say in the matter.
  • Here's hoping we sign another keeper or two.
  • If you have just spent (purportedly) £20m of your own money on buying a football club, what are you going to do?

Walk away and hope everything comes out for the best?

Be realistic! Look at other rich owners. Abramovic never hesitated in sacking Mourinho. Even Mansour didn't hesitate when he got rid of Hughes.

And then you have people like Al Fayed with his statue of Michael Jackson.

And you have the extreme of Vincent Tann.

Some people need to get real. We are owned by RD now, and he will run us how he wants to. Not like we would.

And even Abramovic ordered in a few Russians.