Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yohann Thuram (zombie thread)

Comments

• Options
    Respect Hamer/Alnwick doing well.

What if their forms dip dramatically? Powell in the wrong for not taking opportunity of signing a good GK?

I just think strengthen where necessary. CP knows his squads potential better than any of us.
  • Options
    He hardly Joe Hart tho. He's not wanted by a Belgian side.

Pushing for a place in France squad isn't an indication of quality. It wasn't long ago that England had two of their three goalies playing outside the Prem.
  • Options
    The key word and only word worth consideration here is "strengthening" whether it's priority position or not if the player in is better then get him in. Easy.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    We haven't seen him play yet how do we know if he's stronger!!!
  • Options

Do me a favour. He's on the brink of the French World Cup squad.

• Options
    not saying he is, just saying that footballers yes are big babies at time but they know that as a footballer being dropped swapped and moved on comes with the territory and we cant be over loyal

the biggest mistake as a manager you can make is to be too loyal
  • Options
    better players dont always make a better team,we av a great bunch of players with great attitudes that needs strengthening in a few positions i hope we dont lose the team spirit
  • Options

better players dont always make a better team,we av a great bunch of players with great attitudes that needs strengthening in a few positions i hope we dont lose the team spirit

We need a better team. Fact. We are three points above the drop zone and the last game I saw at The Valley we were clueless. Bring on the better players please.

• Options

Do me a favour. He's on the brink of the French World Cup squad.

As I said earlier, it wasn't long ago that England had two goalkeepers playing outside the Prem. In fact, one was playing L1 football.
  • Options

not saying he is, just saying that footballers yes are big babies at time but they know that as a footballer being dropped swapped and moved on comes with the territory and we cant be over loyal

Look, he might come in, be the absolute bollocks, I'll be singing his name from the stands and both our keepers accept that it was the right thing for the team to do as a whole.

On the other hand, it might go tits up, he doesn't like london and wants to go home, and you've upset both your decent full time keepers.

In no way is this 'easy'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Look, he might come in, be the absolute bollocks, I'll be singing his name from the stands and both our keepers accept that it was the right thing for the team to do as a whole.

On the other hand, it might go tits up, he doesn't like london and wants to go home, and you've upset both your decent full time keepers.

In no way is this 'easy'
    If my auntie had etc etc etc........ If we were having to pay cash for this guy he wouldn't even be on our radars radar. I know zip about him but it sounds to me like he might be better than what we currently have.

• Options
    aint easy mate but Powelly has to get it right or he is gone and that's why he is the mgr he has to make big decisions
  • Options
    One things for sure I think we all agree these are interesting times to be a Charlton fan! :-)
  • Options
    I'm keeping an open mind on this, but that youtube video doesn't particulary fill me with any more confidence................
  • Options
    A little question. If he's so good then why isn't he SL No 1?...
  • Options
    They have the Japanese number one as their first choice.
  • Options

A little question. If he's so good then why isn't he SL No 1?...

They already have an outstanding keeper.

• Options
    Neither Hamer or Alnwick are that good. Both steady, lower Championship keepers to me. No sale value to either, even if on longer contracts.. Hamer has potential and distributes the ball well but too many mistakes in him to make it any higher for me.

New keeper, if better than what we have, only a positive to me.
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ligue1official+troyes

If you have nothing to do at 20 to midnight and fancy watching lots of goals being scored past Thuram to fill you with even more confidence then there you have a list of great video highlights. :-)
  • Options

Would I be right in thinking he'd be a first on 2 fronts? Our first black 'keeper and the first to favour a short sleeved shirt. All very cosmopolitan!

Darren Randolph.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Would I be right in thinking he'd be a first on 2 fronts? Our first black 'keeper and the first to favour a short sleeved shirt. All very cosmopolitan!

Darren Randolph.
    Carl Ikeme
    Tony Warner
  • Options
    I'd forgotten Tony Warner ever played for us.

I guess this shows how non-racist I am as I obviously don't usually even notice the colour of a players skin! I use the N word all the time so take that Paul Elliot haters!

• Options
    Anybody know what happens if we want to sign him permanently (albeit after a successful loan) considering both clubs have the same owner? Would it be just a change of registration?
  • Options
    Providing a decent striker or two and a winger turn up, preferably not SL rejects or one of his other playthings then there may be a real small chance this keeper coming in makes sense

No one can tell me that a new keeper will be good for team morale or what we needed, it all smells of RD forcing something that didn't need forcing
    The downside to this is bigger than the upside , the best players don't always make the best team

If this was happening at palace or scum we'd be laughing at them as a joke club , it just doesn't feel right and is putting SCP in an awkward spot

Time will tell , fingers crossed these are odd times for a Charlton fan

Worried of Epping
  • Options
    If he is better than what is already here, then that is a good thing. It becomes irrelevant if Alnwick and Hamer have been doing well, if this guy is better that is a good thing. I want the best players possible to be playing for Charlton to help us avoid relegation and move up the table. Team morale is not something we can comment on, as we don't know the dynamics of the changing room. Winning more games and getting to safety as quickly as possible may have a positive effect on morale.
  • Options
    I'm certain it's been mentioned that the spirit of our camp is decent so you can't pretend that it doesn't matter , as I said the best players don't necessarily make the best team
  • Options

If he is better than what is already here, then that is a good thing. It becomes irrelevant if Alnwick and Hamer have been doing well, if this guy is better that is a good thing. I want the best players possible to be playing for Charlton to help us avoid relegation and move up the table. Team morale is not something we can comment on, as we don't know the dynamics of the changing room. Winning more games and getting to safety as quickly as possible may have a positive effect on morale.

Although I did just comment on team morale. I meant, commenting that taking someone out of the team will have a negative impact on morale is just conjecture as we do not know the exact dynamics of the changing room.
  • Options
    Is it on the OS yet? : - )
  • Options
    I bet this was not Chris Powells choice but the new owners. Probably using Charlton as a shop window, to transfer players into the English leagues.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Is it on the OS yet? : - )

I thought that would never get old.