Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yohann Thuram (zombie thread)

Comments

• Options
    Will he come with his own coach too or will Ben Roberts have to adapt his techniques?
  • Options

Pavo said:

This guy was 2nd best keeper in Ligue 1 last season just behind Salvatore Sirigu. For Fifa players he featured in Ultimate Team's Team of the Season (Ligue 1) based on his real life man of the match performances. I suspect he is our new no 1.

I don't think he's coming in to warm the bench either.

So if this guy was second choice at SL and is expected to get game time with us, it's not beyond the realms of possibility for one of our 3 keepers to go in the opposite direction to SL as cover?
  • Options
    he is probs just on some sort of work experience. he will go in the summer. i imagine we will keep only one of hamer or alnwick because we have pope and simmonds as well. we have so many goalkeepers and so little of everythign else. we need a striker.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Some criticised Hamer and Alwnick, but not all and not me. My concern is the effect this will have on the dressing room.
    Hopefully none and Thuram is the new Kiely.

Ps - do you really judge players on their FM scores..?
  • Options
    Know nothing about him. Whilst I agree goalkeeper is not a priority position if he is better than the two we have then he's welcome in my book.
  • Options

he is probs just on some sort of work experience. he will go in the summer. i imagine we will keep only one of hamer or alnwick because we have pope and simmonds as well. we have so many goalkeepers and so little of everythign else. we need a striker.

whos that mate?
  • Options
    doronron said:

So who is going to leave?

This worries me slightly. I can't believe SCP wanted this. Makes me think RD is pulling the strings on this one because he wants Thuram to get some game time.

I would feel sorry for both Alnwick and Hamer if this happens.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Might be an omen as a foreign keeper breaks into the team and saves a penalty in a play off final penalty shoot out at Wembley to return CAFC to the promised land.........no it could never happen, could it?
  • Options
    If he's better than we currently have then Powell would surely want him
  • Options
    Would seem wrong to refuse a goalkeeper on the fringe of the France World Cup squad surely. How many clubs in our league have a keeper with that status?
  • Options
    Would I be right in thinking he'd be a first on 2 fronts? Our first black 'keeper and the first to favour a short sleeved shirt. All very cosmopolitan!
  • Options
    i agree with fkDK cant beleive a gk was anywhere near the top of our priorities and can we only have SL players ffs get a couple of decent outfield players that cp wants and show your intentions and support for him
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    There should be no loyalties in football, if youre not good enough you shouldnt be playing, and the best players should. I think powell has to realise that if he wants to progress as a manager, i think hes just too friendly and loyal to some players sometimes
  • Options
    Not getting game time at SL. Wants games to break into French World Cup squad. RD sees an opportunity if he gets into French World Cup squad to sell on for profit. It's how it's going to be from now on. We'll win some and lose some on the player merry go round.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Pick your best 11, simples.

Fear about the dressing room? What if Thuram comes in and plays well, and we pick up momentum and break into top half? Will players be more concerned that their mate isn't playing, or more concerned about where there winning run will take them?

If Hamer gets an offer elsewhere. Bigger club and more money...will he be worrying about the morale in our dressing room, as he's packing his things???
  • Options
    My concern is for team spirit. Two players have come in for potentially positions where we do not have a priority need. Players resenting a goalkeeper can create all sorts of issues and lets not forget a number of these players may already be thinking they won't be here next season.

These two players may be better than what we have already got, but the sum of the parts may not be greater than the whole ... if you get what I mean.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

There should be no loyalties in football, if youre not good enough you shouldnt be playing, and the best players should. I think powell has to realise that if he wants to progress as a manager, i think hes just too friendly and loyal to some players sometimes

Like who? He's binned out BWP and Waggy, much to everyone's consternation on here and was utterly ruthless in the summer of 2011 only really keeping first team 2 or 3 players that were here before he was manager. More would have gone by now if he thought he had funds to replace them.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Adam. I respectfully disagree with you mate. I think that, despite the odd mistake, over the past few seasons Hamer has proved himself to be a very capable goalie and I like what I've seen in Alnwick during the limited appearances he has made for us.

I stand by what I said earlier. Bringing in another keeper on loan and putting him straight into the side is bound to affect the morale of the players. As others have already pointed out Hamer seems to be a popular member if the playing staff.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

My concern is for team spirit. Two players have come in for potentially positions where we do not have a priority need. Players resenting a goalkeeper can create all sorts of issues and lets not forget a number of these players may already be thinking they won't be here next season.

These two players may be better than what we have already got, but the sum of the parts may not be greater than the whole ... if you get what I mean.

This is why they need to sort contracts out NOW so that the players have something to fight for over the next 5 months.
  • Options
    Just seen this on the wall at sparrows lane

Team line up

Phillips Pope Alnwick Thuram Hamer
    Solly Morrison Wood Wiggins
    Cousins

Kermorgant

Team tactics
    Lump it
    1-0 wins for the rest of the season

• Options

Like who? He's binned out BWP and Waggy, much to everyone's consternation on here and was utterly ruthless in the summer of 2011 only really keeping first team 2 or 3 players that were here before he was manager. More would have gone by now if he thought he had funds to replace them.

Plus, he couldn't afford to replace any of the current lot!
  • Options

Kap10 said:

This is why they need to sort contracts out NOW so that the players have something to fight for over the next 5 months.
    They certainly need a player strategy, how to handle players tjhat they will want to retain after the season is over - easy one that give them a contract now - but how do you motivate players that we are not going to want to re contract. its easy to say they should play better becasue they will be playing for their next club but it is not always that easy. I think we are a t a real seasons cross roads where with reinforcements of a higher quality we could surge up the table, but equally we could become a club of three factions (Contracted, Not wanted and SL) that bring us down (and Powell).
  • Options
    just play rush goalie.

problem solved
  • Options
    so if city offered joe hart mate would you say no or not play him
  • Options
    But Joe Harts rubbish NLA everyone knows that ;)