Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yohann Thuram (zombie thread)

Comments

• Options

I worry about the effect it would have on the rest of the team if we were to drop Alnwick to make way for Yohann. Dressing room morale would take a nose dive.

Slightly concerned that RD appears to be calling the shots right now.

???????????

Of course he's calling the shots! Who do you think should be?
    I didnt explain myself very well. What I meant was that RD seems to be dictating which players come in with SCP having very little say in the matter.
    And all the evidence was there from supporters of other clubs within his stable was that this is exactly what he does.

Why would Charlton be any different?

This seems to be how he works. It has worked pretty well at Standard Liege, so it has a chance of working at Charlton.

I repeat, get real people!
  • Options

As he has come from Standard we may only be making a small contribution to his wages, maybe none at all.

???

What's yours is ours and all that.

• Options

I worry about the effect it would have on the rest of the team if we were to drop Alnwick to make way for Yohann. Dressing room morale would take a nose dive.

???????????

I didnt explain myself very well. What I meant was that RD seems to be dictating which players come in with SCP having very little say in the matter.
    And all the evidence was there from supporters of other clubs within his stable was that this is exactly what he does.

This seems to be how he works. It has worked pretty well at Standard Liege, so it has a chance of working at Charlton.

Please stop telling people to get real.

The fans have every right to question the decision making behind this loan and if this is the way it's gonna go.

I agree with you that it's worked at ST Liege, the table doesn't lie, however it's a risky game to play, especially when you have such a popular manager as CP.
  • Options

???????????

The fans have every right to question the decision making behind this loan and if this is the way it's gonna go.

I agree with you that it's worked at ST Liege, the table doesn't lie, however it's a risky game to play, especially when you have such a popular manager as CP.
    This
  • Options
    To all the doom and gloomers,

Fear not. We will shove Thuram up top with Yann.
  • Options

Kap10 said:

I can't see CP being to happy about all this

Not sure RD is going to be that bothered to be honest and if he is calling the shots now I think we'll have to get used to it. RD is not going to be a benevolent paternal owner allowing his managers do what they like.
    And you think CP will put up with that for how long??
    What exactly is CP going to actually do? Quit on principle? That will solve all the problems at once!
  • Options

Kap10 said:

Not sure RD is going to be that bothered to be honest and if he is calling the shots now I think we'll have to get used to it. RD is not going to be a benevolent paternal owner allowing his managers do what they like.
    However long CP wants to keep his job, so could be tomorrow could be 12 months. But from everything we have heard RD is not some hands off owner.

He who pays the piper calls the tune.
  • Options
    I don't get the negativity and why people assume this isn't a Powell signing.

I like Alnwick but this has been a problem position for some time in my opinion so if it improves the squad then go for it.

Now for a striker please
  • Options
    edited January 2014

???????????

(Breathes huge sigh)

I wouldn't usually resort to this kind of language on a message forum but you really are coming across as a right obnoxious twat!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This new owner has six football clubs and has very very different views on how football can be run. We will see lots of things that we do not think are acceptable based on the normal way of things. Some might work and some might not. I think the SL fans said exactly the same things about RD but look at them now. Let's wait and see what happens.
  • Options
    There is nothing to say we should not criticise any club decisions, whether RD CP or whoever, we as supporters have every right to question but whether we will get any answers from RD only time will tell.
  • Options
    I hope he is better than we have otherwise whats the point other than getting a player fit that Standard Liege see potential in but not good enough to dislodge their main keeper (who is the Japanese number 1 so you can't really blame them if he is that good). I wish him luck and hope he brings us clean sheets. Same as most we know keeper is not the area we needed to improve and i hope he is made to wait to earn his place rather than being told he is playing every game. No player should be expected to play every week regardless of performance and i think Alnwick deserves his run as he has been patient and taken his chance, in my opinion.

We have a new chairman and so far he has brought in 2 players. Not a bad start. We all know we need strikers and creative players (maybe a new centre back) but these are hard to come by that would really make any difference. No point bringing in second rate strikers for the sake of it. Its still early yet and i am hopeful we will address the area's we all know need addressing soon. Willing to be patient.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if Hammer is out with a longer injury than expected?

Thuram might be cover for that reason and not to replace either keeper.
  • Options

This new owner has six football clubs and has very very different views on how football can be run. We will see lots of things that we do not think are acceptable based on the normal way of things. Some might work and some might not. I think the SL fans said exactly the same things about RD but look at them now. Let's wait and see what happens.

I agree completely mate and this is just a small matter that I was questioning. Not only trying to see it from a fans perspective but also from CP's.

I've said before I'm happy to see what happens and to give RD a chance, just MY liking would be for him to let CP do his job from top to bottom

East_Stand_Loopy you need to calm yourself down.
  • Options
    If he ends up being the next Carson, think this thread will change its tone pretty quickly.

Give the guy a chance.
  • Options
    He who p

Kap10 said:

Not sure RD is going to be that pbothered to be honest and if he is calling the shots now I think we'll have to get used to it. RD is not going to be a benevolent paternal owner allowing his managers do what they like.
    The problem is Gary, you have to realise who now pays CP's wages.

If CP doesn't like the way RD is running the club, all he can do, is leave...
  • Options
    We've only got one goal to defend, why so many keepers?
  • Options

He who p

Kap10 said:

Not sure RD is going to be that pbothered to be honest and if he is calling the shots now I think we'll have to get used to it. RD is not going to be a benevolent paternal owner allowing his managers do what they like.
    The problem is Gary, you have to realise who now pays CP's wages.

If CP doesn't like the way RD is running the club, all he can do, is leave...
    Of course.

Then we might be in a situation where no manager with a bit of ambition wants to work for a man that dictates who he signs. Not many people want to be a yes man.

Look, this is all way over the top anyway as it might be a great decision and CP and RD get on like a house on fire and we are successful. It just a minor concern that I have .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It should be noted that it is not uncommon in other countries for the manager / coach to work with the players that are provided for him.
  • Options

It shouldoou be noted that it is not uncommon in other countries for the manager / coach to work with the players that are provided for him.

The "Director of Football" route is very common in Europe.

And, despite the occasional hic cough, is becoming more common in the UK...
  • Options

It should be noted that it is not uncommon in other countries for the manager / coach to work with the players that are provided for him.

happening at Spurs too.
  • Options
    It always goes sour when a manager is having players he has not chosen for himself forced upon him.

Oohah is right, if this was palace we would be taking the piss.

This is going to end badly I tell thee
  • Options

happening at Spurs too.
    Isn't it also going on at Newcastle?

Kinnear was appointed into that position at the start of the season...
  • Options
    I am sure that SCP perfers any player coming in than not. Especailly when they are potentially better than you have or give greater depth.

I think we can also assume that Roland is not stupid and he has more reason than us to want us to be successful as it is his money.

We will have to wait and see.

All I know is that having players coming in is better than seeing them just leave.

looks a good signing to me.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Carter said:

It always goes sour when a manager is having players he has not chosen for himself forced upon him.

Oohah is right, if this was palace we would be taking the piss.

This is going to end badly I tell thee

We've got a possible match winning 'keeper on board who is desperate to impress with a World Cup around the corner. I don't see what's wrong. I'm a fan of Hamer but a couple of months ago, people thought he wasn't good enough and Alnwick is nothing more than a bottom half Championship 'keeper.

When Powell signed BWP, I believe he said something along the lines of "you don't turn away players who will improve the squad if they become available". I think Thuram will prove himself and fall into this bracket.

The only part I'm not comfortable with is a six month loan with contracts running down on the other goalkeepers. If he was ours for good then things would feel much more secure. We are however getting one of Ligue 1's best goalkeepers of 12/13 effectively for free.
  • Options
    Thuram and Pope one and two next season?
  • Options

Does anyone know if Hammer is out with a longer injury than expected?

Thuram might be cover for that reason and not to replace either keeper.

It was said that Hamer had a small setback last week (whatever that means).
  • Options

happening at Spurs too.
    Because that's worked well hasn't it. £100m down the drain on transfer fees alone. Not to mention wages, paying up AVB and backing Sherwood this month.