Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yeovil vs. Charlton | Post Match Views 2013

Comments

• Options
    Kap10 said:

Still better than a defeat, a point is a point, not as good as three but better than none. No Jackson next week and presumably for two more after that.

Good.

• Options
    Some absurd, hysterical over-reactions to a decent 2-2 away draw. I would have been delighted with a point before the game & I'm happy enough with a point after the game. Let's just take the point & move on to next week.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

all I can say is powell don't read this your going to get bucket loads

Not in anyway Powell's fault, imho. He sent out a team that got us into a comfortable position then a deflected goal and poor decisions by individuals put us on the back foot.

He didn't really have much choice but to see it out once Jacko got himself sent off, you just can't bring on flakey players like Green and Starvin' Marvin in situations like that, not in the real world.

We got out of jail in the end I guess but a point isn't really good enough away at Yeovil. We just need to keep hanging in there and try to keep our heads above water over Christmas. I hope every Addick has written to Santa and asked for transfer funds for Christmas.

Not feeling too confident right now, but they turned it around last season and I have faith that this manager and these players will be doing all they can to do that again. Think we need to start with a more adventurous approach and more natural width, at least at home. Maybe push Wilson into midfield now Solly is fit. Sordell probably should start the next match too.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if Church ran around a lot?
  • Options
    On a positive note,it sounded as though Alnwick was solid.

Must...reach...straws...
  • Options

we are in big trouble and it wont get easier------------you either except that this is our lot as CAFC fans or go follow the Goonershit.

Completely agree... We're not one of the elite in English Football who have the luxury of rarely losing and nearly always picking up a trophy.

Football is such an unpredictable sport and if you cant handle the ups and downs then CAFC is not the club you want to be supporting
  • Options

Does anyone know if Church ran around a lot?

Apparently done a brilliant dummy for out second.
  • Options
    Yeovil won 3-0 at Watford last week, today was a draw. That's what happens, Yeovil are in our league, and we got an away point, better than an away defeat.
  • Options
    Il await reaction from those there I think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It wouldn't be Charlton if we did things the easy way.

Positive: After imploding we did enough, with 10 men, not to lose.

Negative: Multi orgasms for the Powell out mob.
  • Options
    The whole uncertainity at the club is clear to see now. Nearly all the first team manager coaches ect have no idea if they will be here come june were playing like strangers some like yann seem to have given up totally. You would hope as profesionals they would rise above this but its clear we are on our knees now. If i was waiting to know if i had a job or not it would mess me up there human at the end of the day. Somthing has to happen soon either sign them up or let them know there being realesed. Otherwise will be down by march.
  • Options
    If anyone is going to blame anyone...blame me...... I said it was going to be 2-2 in the preview!!
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2013
    Not losing to Yeovil was essential. But at 2-0 up with 20 minutes ago and losing 2 goals and Jackson getting sent off feels like 2 points dropped. Feeling really disappointed.

After Cousins got clattered by Ayling on 68 mins with bad foul is booked and Cousins goes off. Hughes comes on and we concede 2. Did the defence go into panic mode ? What the hell happened ?

Will be very interested to hear from those at the game. I want to hear that before commenting / complaining about selection or management tactics / subs - eg why no Woods and Dervite being ahead of him for instance ? Did we sit back and invite Yeovil on ? )

Glad Solly is back. We desperately need what quality we have got back on the pitch. Solly back and on form may strengthen the whole team and give some more options on team selection. Solly has been desperately missed at right back.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Commentator quotes "Charlton's defence is solid", "Yeovil have not scored more than one goal in a game this season" "Charlton's 3 points". Anybody else thought immediately the mockers were well and truly set in place.........and then ensued those crazy 6 minute. Enuff said.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Yeovil won 3-0 at Watford last week, today was a draw. That's what happens, Yeovil are in our league, and we got an away point, better than an away defeat.

The voice of reason.
  • Options
    Right here it is, if Cousins weren't injured substitution shockin, Hughes so far off the pace embarassing, Morrison was immense no blame wot so ever, Never a sending off in a million years 50/50 jacko won the ball and was stronger, first goal from Yann giving a shit foul away.
  • Options
    Anyone who was there, was it a red or should we appeal.
  • Options

Right here it is, if Cousins weren't injured substitution shockin, Hughes so far off the pace embarassing, Morrison was immense no blame wot so ever, Never a sending off in a million years 50/50 jacko won the ball and was stronger, first goal from Yann giving a shit foul away.

Was Jacko in control though as I read he went in two footed... He might have got the ball but did the Ref feel it was with a little bit too much force
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The whole uncertainity at the club is clear to see now...... If i was waiting to know if i had a job or not it would mess me up there human at the end of the day. Somthing has to happen soon either sign them up or let them know there being released.

Agree here. For all the complaints about CP's management, this isn't something he can change. I wish he could and clearly so does he.
    There are fairly constant cuts and re-organisations where I work and it really doesn't make me want to get out of bed in the morning. When there I do as best I can, but I can't help thinking I'd be doing better if I had some positivity from my employer.
    I can't see a lot of positives in the next few games and hope that there remain 3 teams worse than us by May 3rd.

• Options
    Dont panic.We will be ok .As long as we stick with and support SCP.Thankfully the vast majority will so all will be ok.
  • Options
    Did Yann contribute anything positive?
  • Options
    Thanks Steve, this is what we need, views from people who were actually there.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Did Yann contribute anything positive?

Doesnt sound like it, maybe time to drop him, he has not been the same, and hes not scorinbg and its not working
  • Options

Lets all tip-toe around Powell or shall we come to terms with the fact that we have won 4 out of 19 league games and are 2 points of relegation. Being 2-0 up to ANYONE with 15 minutes to go, we really should be closing out games like that. Powell has to take responsibility for that, he is the manager, the same as if a manager would take it in the neck at work if the job they are set to do isn't done. Is Chris Powell really ever going to be the man to take Charlton forward? Sure he's had a shit budget to contend with BUT what we are doing now is not good enough.

I don't agree that it was Chris Powell's fault we gave away a 2-0 lead. He didn't put the ball in his own goal, or give away a penalty or get sent off. These were three errors made by three experience players who the manager has to rely on. Cousins getting injured looks like it may have been the catalyst for the collapse / come back whichever way you want to look at it.
  • Options

The whole uncertainity at the club is clear to see now. Nearly all the first team manager coaches ect have no idea if they will be here come june were playing like strangers some like yann seem to have given up totally. You would hope as profesionals they would rise above this but its clear we are on our knees now. If i was waiting to know if i had a job or not it would mess me up there human at the end of the day. Somthing has to happen soon either sign them up or let them know there being realesed. Otherwise will be down by march.

Spot on in my view. There's an ill wind throughout the club, a takeover couldn't come soon enough.

That said, these players went to a team who'd won their last two games against top half clubs and got a draw when it looked like it might totally implode. We scored two goals away for the first time since August, and we've avoided losing 3 on the spin when we're struggling for form. The manager can't be blamed for what happened in those mad 5 minutes, sounds like mistakes cost us which no amount of tactics or substitutions will avoid.

Unlike Jacko to go in for a 2 footed tackle, if the reports are correct.
  • Options
    Our tactics are all about crossing the ball into the box... We dont quite have the talent to open teams up by passing the ball around (also doesn't help many fans arent patient enough)

If we drop Kermorgant we lose the heading threat from those crosses as when he was out it was evident that Church nor Sordell can head the ball.

What we need to teach the players to do is pass the ball around before crossing the ball in as at the moment there is too much hoofing to Yann as its the easy option (just like when we used to have Iwelumo in the team)
  • Options

Are people actually saying that at 2-0 we should have been more attacking???

Absolutely fucking mental.

Yes. Chris Powell is so crap he can't even see into the future.