Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    watched a few of the first round. Page looks good and i'm looking forward to seeing him against Williams who with Wilson performed the best in round 1 imo. 
    Had the misfortune of watching Maguire v Murphy. some painful snooker in that match. 

Un nooh blew it against Higgins. Attacking player but throws away opportunities. 

• Options
    watched a few of the first round. Page looks good and i'm looking forward to seeing him against Williams who with Wilson performed the best in round 1 imo. 
    Had the misfortune of watching Maguire v Murphy. some painful snooker in that match. 

Un nooh blew it against Higgins. Attacking player but throws away opportunities. 

I'd agree with most of that, i think alot of the top players have hit good patches and won. MJW for me is the standout, i got on him a couple weeks before 33/1 , but its not often someone will be able to sustain a whole 2 weeks at that level, so still too early for me to count the winnings lol. 

Un-Nooh really annoyed me, he had the chances and they both kept gifting it and Higgins got away with it really, he is so attacking and brilliant to watch but always likely to miss the key balls or play a bad saftey, he is one of the best to watch when playing well. 

I watched that Murphy/ Maguire game, again it was a tough watch, but as soon as the divider lifted Maguire clicked in, said he could see balls alot clearer with the lighting etc. Also Robbo was the same played better after it was raised, although his is more about his stance as he walks onto the shots more deliberate than other players, so he wont be comfortable until they get down to the one table. 

I'd still say there is probably 8=10 players that can win still, but all the big guns through, could be a stacked quarter final if it continues.
  • Options
    Noppon Saengham beats Luca Brecel 10-5, made light work of today and will face his compatriot's victor John Higgins in the next round.

Currently 5-0 MJW vs Page, in the all welsh battle. A combination of MJW playing and potting well and a bit of nerves from Page. you would think he needs to get to within 6-3 ideally to not be out of it on the first session.  
  • Options
    Some incredible potting from Williams.  He's really hit some form at the right time!!
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    seems at his very best. Page is lucky to even get a bit of time at the table nevermind actually taking a frame. Hope he does though. 
  • Options
    Williams is flying. In both his matches he has gone 7-0 up.
    All the top players seem to be in good form so this could be a great tournament.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Quick update, i didn't see much last night as i was out playing pool (last game of the season, won the league) 

Trump won 10-5 against Vafaei, what i found interesting one century and not too many breaks, from that alone and watching some of the first session, he doesn't really look on it. Early days so you cant write him off but a tough game next Mcgill, if he plays like that he will lose. 

Williams 7-1 Page (resumes 10 am) , if Page can win a few frames they will also be finishing up tonight at 7pm, possible they finish with a session to spare. 
    Ronnie v Allen, kicks off 10am, second session is 7pm. completes tomorrow morning
    Selby v Bingtao starts 2.30 today, also 10am tomorrow and finishes 7pm.
    Xintong 3-5 Maguire, resumes 2.30pm, finishes Saturday

For a full list check out snooker.org, also i'll probably be offline after this afternoon until Tuesday so i'll catch up then unless someone else fancies updating over the weekend. 
  • Options
    @paulie8290 should make a comeback for the rest of the World Championship. Come on mate, the world championship isn't the same without your input 
  • Options
    @paulie8290 should make a comeback for the rest of the World Championship. Come on mate, the world championship isn't the same without your input 
    Yep i second that, miss Paulie and his updates. It's his time of the year but as long as he is ok thats the main thing, if its a bit too much. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Ronnie 6-2 Allen, a combination of Ronnie on form and Allen not really getting into it, Allen giften Ronnie frame 7, ROS had a chance in the last but went Allen's way, fair result. Maybe MJW on the other table is spurring him on to play well? 

RESULT: 
    Mark Williams 13-3 Jackson Page, a session to spare

MJW hits 6 centuries in a classy performance to humiliate his young protegee, not much you can do about that one, anyone would have struggled to cope with him on this form. 

MJW will play the winner of Selby/ Bingtao which kicks off 230pm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw on another thread that Paulie was playing 5 a side football at Sparrows Lane on Friday night's and doing the upbeats walk this Saturday

Sounds like he is doing Ok
  • Options
    Ronnie 6-2 Allen, a combination of Ronnie on form and Allen not really getting into it, Allen giften Ronnie frame 7, ROS had a chance in the last but went Allen's way, fair result. Maybe MJW on the other table is spurring him on to play well? 

RESULT: 

MJW hits 6 centuries in a classy performance to humiliate his young protegee, not much you can do about that one, anyone would have struggled to cope with him on this form. 

Williams was ridiculous yesterday - Poor old Page was 7-0 down and hadn't really done anything wrong !!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

RESULT: 

Williams was ridiculous yesterday - Poor old Page was 7-0 down and hadn't really done anything wrong !!
    Yep i've watched alot of it, Page had the odd chance early but MJW is scoring well and his potting is ridiculous at the moment. A harsh learning curve for Page but he will be up there in a few years time. 

Now you have the choice to watch Selby v Bingtao (paulie will be watching), Xintong v Maguire, i have one on the phone and one on TV cant decide lol 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Stephen Maguire 11-5 Zhao Xintong (Conclusion tomorrow 10am) lets hope for a fight back, on the other table will be Selby v Yan part 2

Maguire certainly upsetting the bookies here, with the youngster heavily backed. Its a bit of a funny one, Xintong pulled of a wicked clearance earlier after a snooker and a nice pink and tough black. But he has never really got going, for me he goes for too much which is playing into Maguire's hands, he can just pick him off. Maybe a bit of inexperience as he's had chances just not quite been on it like he can be. 

Winner plays Ronnie, so i am sure he would be happy to avoid the dangerous (future champ) Xintong. 

Yan Bingtao currently 3-2 up against Selby, alot of saftey and both playing well, tough one to call and you can never write of Selby. 

Enjoy your weekend all, hope you get to watch lots of snooker, 
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knmpe2KFnLM

Pigeon lands on snooker table at 2022 World Snooker Championship Selby vs Bingtao

• Options
    Selby v Yan was a great match. Especially that frame. Great safety play. Liked the cheeky bit from Yan when he asked if the cue ball could be cleaned when he was snookered. 

Results for Stuart Bingham against Kyren Wilson 13 - 9 and John Higgins  13-7 Noppon Saengkham early.

On now we have the last of the second round matches Judd Trump 10-6 Anthony McGill. 

and Neil Robertson against Jack Lisowski who should also be 10-6 but Robertson got that last frame yesterday to make it 9-7. Got a feeling Robertson will peg him back. 

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Robertson looked quite out of sorts during this session but Lisowski looks like he's gifted him this frame to bring it back to 9-10. You cannot give a player of his quality a sniff if you get your nose in front. 
  • Options
    Robertson now on for a 147! 
  • Options
    Done it! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great celebration.

Only 12 ever 147s at the crucible ever. 
  • Options
    Lisowski is such a strange player.  Unbelievably talented & can play some incredible snooker, but misses so many easy balls!!
  • Options
    Lisowski is such a strange player.  Unbelievably talented & can play some incredible snooker, but misses so many easy balls!!
    Like that last shot there. Lost position with a poor shot when the frame was there for the taking. 
  • Options
    Lisowski wins 13-12.  Great game
  • Options
    Well done Jack. Finally. 

really good game. 
  • Options
    that has to be one of the best last 16 matches ever seen, Lisowski just about holding it together to cross the line. brilliant stuff from both players
  • Options
    Great game, so happy for Jack 
  • Options
    Proper cracker that one. I think you could see the impact of pressure on both players one minute, then brilliant the next. Had everything and either player would be a worthy winner but very pleased for Lisowski.
  • Options
    Haha I'm good but and enjoying reading the comments on here but won't be making a comeback with any updates I'm afraid, watched pretty much every match(apart from Saturday due to upbeats walk then charlton)

But other than the predictions league I try not to post on here anymore and have found myself getting less stressed with that 🤣🤣

I Will say I was disappointed Robbo lost tonight tho, I can only see him and Higgins beating Ronnie atm now Selby is out.

Robbo doesn't really like the crucible much don't but if he got to the one table set up I reckon he could have beat Ronnie in that Semi,  now it's down to Higgins, otherwise I will have to miss the final, no way am I watching Ronnie win it again 🤣🤣
  • Options
    Haha I'm good but and enjoying reading the comments on here but won't be making a comeback with any updates I'm afraid, watched pretty much every match(apart from Saturday due to upbeats walk then charlton)

But other than the predictions league I try not to post on here anymore and have found myself getting less stressed with that 🤣🤣

I Will say I was disappointed Robbo lost tonight tho, I can only see him and Higgins beating Ronnie atm now Selby is out.

Robbo doesn't really like the crucible much don't but if he got to the one table set up I reckon he could have beat Ronnie in that Semi,  now it's down to Higgins, otherwise I will have to miss the final, no way am I watching Ronnie win it again 🤣🤣
    All good Paulio, you got to do what works for you. Nice to hear from you regardless. 

I think its still wide open, but you can see why Ronnie is fave, MJW v Ronnie final would be perfect for me or even Yan based on who i've backed ew vs who i want to win. Always a shame to see Robbo knocked out but class from Jack. 

So quarter finals is here so i'll just put in the times for those that want to follow: 
    Yan Bingtao v Mark Williams - 10am start, 7pm second session and concludes tomorrow 230pm.

Ronnie v Maguire - 10am start, 7pm second session and concludes tomorrow 11am. 

Bingham v Trump - 230pm start. Tomorrow 10 second session and concludes tomorrow night 7pm

Lisowski v Higgins 230pm start. second session tomorrow 230pm. concludes tomorrow eve 7pm. 

Still tricky one to call MJW still the player playing the best, then Ronnie but not quite there yet and a tough battle against Yan who showed he can battle with the best of them (Selby). 

Never right Higgins off, same with Trump who still feels under the radar and without looking top form if he clicks in surely he is the one to beat.