Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    As I was with my elderly parents over the last couple of days, we watched the last 10 frames of Robbo and Jack and it had everything. From the sublime 147(151!) for the Aussie, fantastic potting from Lisowski to the ridiculous last frame where both players made basic mistakes due to the nerves of the final frame shoot out.

A quarter final against John Higgins will be very difficult and it may be a case of after the lord Mayor's show. Good to see new names come through against the class of 92; O'Sullivan, Williams and the player made from granite, John Higgins.
  • Options
    Higgins the cheat has already been told he loses by at least 3 frames in the quarters
  • Options
    As I was with my elderly parents over the last couple of days, we watched the last 10 frames of Robbo and Jack and it had everything. From the sublime 147(151!) for the Aussie, fantastic potting from Lisowski to the ridiculous last frame where both players made basic mistakes due to the nerves of the final frame shoot out.

I believe Jack Lisowski was making his debut at the Crucible. A quarter final against John Higgins will be very difficult and it may be a case of after the lord Mayor's show. Good to see new names come through against the class of 92; O'Sullivan, Williams and the player made from granite, John Higgins.
    Lisowski isn't making his debut i am afraid, his debut season at the big stage was 2012/2013, he lost in round one.  He didn't qualify the next 4 years but has qualified every year since 2017/2018, this will be the furthest he has got if thats what you mean? 

Jack has the talent, but looks like he is playing a bit more controlled and taking a bit more time on shots these days. He has recently started working with Peter Ebdon and he looks to have gone up a level, for years he has been tipped to be up there with Trump but hasn't had the consistency or mental strength to date, huge win against Robbo. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Cheers Johnnybev, I will edit as I misheard.
    It was his debut in the last 16 at Sheffield as he had lost there in earlier rounds as you said.
    Amazing how at 30 years old Jack is playing his best snooker just as O'Sullivan, Williams and Higgins reach 30 years as professionals.
  • Options
    Cheers Johnnybev, I will edit as I misheard.
    It was his debut in the last 16 at Sheffield as he had lost there in earlier rounds as you said.
    Amazing how at 30 years old Jack is playing his best snooker just as O'Sullivan, Williams and Higgins reach 30 years as professionals.
    No problem, i did wonder lol 

Yeah crazy really, some players have kicked on mid 30's, its amazing how consistent ROS, Williams and Higgins have been for so long, they have all briefly dipped but still at the top of the game. 
  • Options
    Mark Williams 6-2 Yan Bingtao

Ronnie O'Sullivan 6-2 Maguire

I was flicking between the two, Ronnie not really clicked in until the last few frames and Maguire had chances not taken. Maguire knicks the last to at least make it not impossible. Ronnie with the one century so far

Yan/ MJW, started of quite tactical then Williams took the last 4 frames and Yan not really getting in. 1 century a piece in that one. 

I might jynx ROS here, but never thought Maguire would have the game to beat Ronnie here, still possible but a huge ask with Ronnie in front and not quite firing still. maybe if he can knick the next session 5-3? Not sure he has the bottle personally. 

• Options
    Higgins 5-3 Liswoski, not watching it but sounds like a few could have gone the other way with Lisowski missing chances. 0 Centuries which surprises me.

Trump 5-3 Bingham , Some longer frames here where both players not quite firing, i think this could go all the way and close. one century each so far.
  • Options

Wednesday 27 April

Quarter-finals (best of 25)

10:00

Stephen Maguire (Sco) 5-11 Ronnie O'Sullivan (Eng)

Judd Trump (Eng) 5-3 Stuart Bingham (Eng)

14:30

Yan Bingtao (Chn) 8-8 Mark Williams (Wal)

John Higgins (Sco) 5-3 Jack Lisowski (Eng)

19:00

Judd Trump (Eng) v Stuart Bingham (Eng)

John Higgins (Sco) v Jack Lisowski (Eng)

• Options
    The first person is through to the semi finals:

Ronnie O'Sullivan beats 13-5 Maguire, takes the opening two this morning. Hasn't really been firing and had a problem with his tip yesterday but has 36 hours to hopefully get that sorted or maybe he did it last night? played well today. One more century to add to his one yesterday
  • Options
    Update: 
    Trump 8-8 Bingham, Bingham took the first 5 frames and Trump looking not really interested, fought back well in the last few frames, still not firing on the long pots but  looking better. All to play for this eve..

Next session 2:30pm see clives previous post for who's playing :) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The black that Bingham missed to put him 9-5 ....
    as they said , could that one ball lead to a turn in fortunes and it did
  • Options
    Williams through. Showed his class in the last two frames to win it. 

watched a bit of Lisowski yesterday and a tad bit today. One of the most infuriating players to watch. Always capable of  missing an easy pot after some great play. Though Higgins has struggled a bit as well. 
  • Options

Thursday 28 April

Semi-finals (best of 33)

13:00

Judd Trump (Eng) v Mark Williams (Wal)

Ronnie O'Sullivan (Eng) v John Higgins (Sco)

• Options
    Really good semi final lineup 

I think it's a shame that only 1 of the next generation have made the semi final, but shows how good the class of 92 are
  • Options
    In the office today, so thank you for the updates Clive/ Karim. 

Really good line up, hoping for a ROS v MJW final (heart v betting). Higgins v Lisowski was a great game and thought Jack had him but like Williams, Higgins had the class at the end to get over the line and found a bit of form at the right time. 

Trump going under the radar, looked like towards the end of the match he was finding his long pots so again cant write him off. 
  • Options
    Judd Trump leads Mark Williams 7-1 at the finish of the afternoon session.
  • Options
    Incredible, I have only seen the odd live update not watching today, but very surprised. Although it does look like its been a poor standard, surely its too big of a gap to recover? Lets hope MJW can kick into gear tomorrow to make it interesting. 
  • Options
    Williams looks off the pace, shame as didn't expect to be so one sided. Although i've grown to like Judd Trump over the years. 
  • Options
    In a semi or final you always have a chance of recovering from a poor start, been done before hoping Williams can get back in it.
    Taylor was 9-1 behind to Davis in 1985 Final one of many famous comebacks.
  • Options

Friday 29 April

Semi-finals (best of 33)

Judd Trump (Eng) 7-1 Mark Williams (Wal)

Ronnie O'Sullivan (Eng) 4-4 John Higgins (Sco)

Judd Trump (Eng) v Mark Williams (Wal)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Ronnie looked in trouble 3-0  kicked into gear to pull back to 4-4 with 2 centuries in the last 3 frames, lets hope for a MJW comeback this morning

edit- i was wrong with part of the score lol 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Morning session shared 4 a piece 
    Trump 11-5 MJW - in fairness at times Trump looked like he was getting back to top form, nice breaks and long pots. a couple frames could have gone either way, feels too much for the comeback but you never know if he can have a big session this evening. 
  • Options
    O'Sullivan leads Higgins 10-6 at the end of the afternoon session.
  • Options
    O'Sullivan winning the last 4 frames with a re spotted black in the last frame of that session to go 10-6 up. Higgins probably pleased to have the night off. Didn't seem very confident in his play. 
  • Options
    Terrific game, but Ronnie has a crucial lead now. 
  • Options
    Clive, was thinking of you in that Romford Clip. 
  • Options
    Williams wins a great session of snooker to fight back. That yellow pot and position afterwards was a highlight. as was some of his long pots. complete contrast to how he played this morning.

Trump still 13-11 in front though and still when given a chance playing well. 
  • Options
    I put £10 on Williams to win the match when he was losing 7-1, always knew he would put up a fight. 
    Got 14/1 which was worth a punt in my opinion. 
  • Options
    Grest comeback.  Game on!!
  • Options

Saturday 30 April

Semi-finals (best of 33)

Ronnie O'Sullivan (Eng) 10-6 John Higgins (Sco)

Judd Trump (Eng) 13-11 Mark Williams (Wal)

Ronnie O'Sullivan (Eng) v John Higgins (Sco)