Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    CafcWest said:
    So Zhao Xintong wins 9-0 against his friend..Yan Bingtao!  Short evening session - but such an exciting prospect...
    He's incredible after the UK last month and now the German Masters, got to be alot of money going on him going into the Worlds.

Ridiculous result, i only saw some highlights after. Such a shame Eurosport didn't cover it. 
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    So Zhao Xintong wins 9-0 against his friend..Yan Bingtao!  Short evening session - but such an exciting prospect...
    He's incredible after the UK last month and now the German Masters, got to be alot of money going on him going into the Worlds.

Ridiculous result, i only saw some highlights after. Such a shame Eurosport didn't cover it. 
    Said it before and will say it again.

Eurosport player is such value for money for any snooker fan

I watched all the final.

They have every pretty much every event on their(apart from itv events) and even outer tables.

They have qualifications, like right now I'm watching Turkish masters Qualifying(no commentary but I actually prefer that)

And they have it all add free so you get to see what is said between players in between frames at times which can be fun.

Unfortunately I couldn't afford it last year thankfully it was bought for me for a birthday present lol.

But it was 4.99 a month or 39.99 for the year, I see it has gone up now They have incorporated with discovery + but they are doing a special for the first year 29.99 for the year.

You can get Eurosport player on most tvs or on a Playstation as well so shouldn't be a issue on where to download the app.

As I say it's definitely value for money for any snooker fan
  • Options
    Yeah i get that, i have Eurosport on TV, so dont sign up as most are covered at the main stages. I know what you mean, but also half the ones you cant are on betting sites so just feels pointless buying the eurosport app, i know i shouldn't be complaining but its like Tennis on Amazon, i have access to this just i never really follow it as its not on the mainstream anymore. 

I have been watching a bit of the champions league on freesports this week, Ronnie needs to win his last game and was sitting bottom before the last match. Fairly busy both work and outside of work, but i do try to keep on in the background if i can. 
  • Options
    Zhao is probably the most exciting prospect since O'Sullivan. It will be interesting to see how he copes with being put through the wringer against someone like Selby. 
  • Options
    Not much talk this year, miss paul's updates... 

World Championship qualifiers next week to look forward to, in particular judgement day which FB goes live covering alot of the games is pretty fun to watch. 

Currently Tour Championship on ITV4, only 8 players but races to 10 (probably a good warm up for the worlds). 
    Higgins beat Xinton 10-9
    Robertson beat Allen 10-6 (was 7-1 up before going back to 8-6) Arguably Robbo is the man to beat with only 8 losses all season, but still the two table set up has kind of haunted him since his previous title. 

Ronnie 5-3 up and resumes later. 
    Tomorrow you have Brecel v Higgins

Also honourable mention to Milkins who becomes the latest to join the ranking winners circle, has always had the talent but lovely to see him win in last weeks Gibraltar open. Although there was alot of controversy pre tournament, with alot of players withdrawing. 

@paulie8290 back for the worlds preview? Hope you are doing well regardless.  
  • Options
    Cracking game tonight, difficult to call.
  • Options
    Great game. O'Sullivan should have won the penultimate frame and Williams should have won the last.
  • Options
    Yep Ronnie goes through winning a decider 10-9, i had on in the background at pool but was a great match, Ronnie hitting 5 centuries , MJW 1. 

Trump v Brecel at 1 on Itv4 
  • Options
    Brecel leads Trump 6-2 going into tonights session, Trump was out of sorts from what i saw. 
  • Options
    Luca Brecel won 10-6 last night against Judd Trump, i didn't watch much bar the beginning of the match so no summary. 

Today we have Robertson v Ronnie, could be a cracker! Still a race to 10
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Trump didn't quite have his best stuff did he, looking forward too today's offering. Come on Ronnie. 
  • Options
    Luca Brecel won 10-6 last night against Judd Trump, i didn't watch much bar the beginning of the match so no summary. 

Today we have Robertson v Ronnie, could be a cracker! Still a race to 10
    I watched a bit. Trump was pretty poor but I thought Brecel was going to blow it. Especially at 8-3 when he played the Ebdon shot (deliberate miscue) to trickle behind the blue and didn't reach. Lost the frame. Trump won the next two as well.
  • Options
    Kicked off with 1 century each ROS 2-1 up, not one to miss this one. Will be over in a flash
  • Options
    Ronnie & Robbo share the spoils going into tonight session 4-4, a high quality affair.

Ronnie was 4-1 up, included 3 centuries. Neil has got the one but still hit 80+ every frame he's won. 1 frame each where they needed two visits other than that 1 visit pool (excluding the safety battles lol)
  • Options
    5-3 for Higgins over Robertson at the break in the final. Great session of snooker from both players. Big scores for both over the course of it. 
  • Options
    Rooting for Higgins here, just hope he gets a good start tonight. 
  • Options
    Rooting for Higgins here, just hope he gets a good start tonight. 
    Massive collapse from Higgins there to lose 10-9 to Robbo, will this spur him on to have a good World Championship or will it do the opposite? He looked broken following the defeat
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    A big couple of days ahead, what's known as deadline day! 

All tables are streamed for the dramatic affect on FB, so tune in if you  can. 

Allan Taylor (79) v Donaldson (49)
    Dominc Dale (65) v Lyu Haotian (64)
    Stephen Maguire (41) v  Zhou Yuelong (25) 
    Michael White (A) v Jordan Brown (24) 
    Matt Selt (21) v Un Nooh (53)
    Tom Ford (28) v Jamie Jones (37)
    David Lilley (A) v Ding Junhui (29)
    Joe O'Connor (52) v Ashley Hugill (77)
    Dave Gilbert (19) v Anthony Hamilton (46)
    Jimmy Robertson (30) v Chris Wakelin (62) 
    Noppon Saengkham (38) v Robert Milkins (27) 
    Liam Highfield (43) v Yuan Sijun (86)
    Jackson Page (90) v David Grace (58) 
    Graham Dott (34) v Jamie Clarke (66)
    Lei Peifan (111) v Hossain Vafei (18)

All matches start at 11am, i believe. With the evening session starting at 5pm.  Half today, other half tomorrow. 

World Championship of Snooker 2022 starts on Saturday 16th April at 10am with the current champion Mark Selby opening proceedings. 

*Ignore any typos or if i have put the wrong provisional ranking, all done manually so long
  • Options

I know it's only in exhibition, but Williams is clearly in form heading into the world championship. I follow a guy on twitter who was there & he said he's never seen anything like it.

• Options

I know it's only in exhibition, but Williams is clearly in form heading into the world championship. I follow a guy on twitter who was there & he said he's never seen anything like it.

Yeah i see that too, after winning some on the golf i put eachway on him. Also have Wilson with a freebet so far, normally would go Robertson but he's too short imo. Its going to be very wide open this year and in that form surely MJW us good value. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Qualifiers from judgement day part 1: 
    Donaldson (49)
    Lyu Haotian (64)
    Stephen Maguire (41)
    Michael White (A) 
    Un Nooh (53)
    Jamie Jones (37)
    Ding Junhui (29)
    Ashley Hugill (77)

Anyone who wants to watch it just type in World Snooker Tour on FB, or world snooker live stream, also available on youtube.  Resumes at 11am, second session 5pm. 
  • Options
    So we now know who will be joining the top 16 , yesterdays qualifiers: 
    Dave Gilbert (19)
    Chris Wakelin (62) 
    Noppon Saengkham (38)
    Liam Highfield (43)
    Jackson Page (90)
    Jamie Clarke (66)
    Hossain Vafei (18)
    Matthew Stevens(55) defeated Ali Carter

draw today, i think around 11am or 1130, might be slightly wrong but will be on FB World Snooker Tour page. 
  • Options
    Dave Gilbert (19)
    Chris Wakelin (62) 
    Noppon Saengkham (38)
    Liam Highfield (43)
    Jackson Page (90)
    Jamie Clarke (66)
    Hossain Vafei (18)

draw today, i think around 11am or 1130, might be slightly wrong but will be on FB World Snooker Tour page. 

First-round draw in full:

Zhao Xintong v Jamie Clarke

Judd Trump v Hossein Vafaei

Neil Robertson v Ashley Hugill

Yan Bingtao v Chris Wakelin

John Higgins v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh

Kyren Wilson v Ding Junhui

Barry Hawkins v Jackson Page

Mark Selby v Jamie Jones

Anthony McGill v Liam Highfield

Shaun Murphy v Stephen Maguire

Mark Williams v Michael White

Mark Allen v Scott Donaldson

Ronnie O'Sullivan v David Gilbert

Stuart Bingham v Lyu Haotian

Jack Lisowski v Matthew Stevens

Luca Brecel v Noppon Saengkham

• Options
    clive said:
    Dave Gilbert (19)
    Chris Wakelin (62) 
    Noppon Saengkham (38)
    Liam Highfield (43)
    Jackson Page (90)
    Jamie Clarke (66)
    Hossain Vafei (18)

First-round draw in full:

Zhao Xintong v Jamie Clarke

Judd Trump v Hossein Vafaei

Neil Robertson v Ashley Hugill

Yan Bingtao v Chris Wakelin

John Higgins v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh

Kyren Wilson v Ding Junhui

Barry Hawkins v Jackson Page

Mark Selby v Jamie Jones

Anthony McGill v Liam Highfield

Shaun Murphy v Stephen Maguire

Mark Williams v Michael White

Mark Allen v Scott Donaldson

Ronnie O'Sullivan v David Gilbert

Stuart Bingham v Lyu Haotian

Jack Lisowski v Matthew Stevens

Luca Brecel v Noppon Saengkham

Thank you, i was just catching up. Tricky one for ROS , although i think its a tough one to call in alot this year. Looking forward to it

Highlighted my predictions above, although a few i was 50/50, based on the draw i've got a Wilson v Robbo final. Backed Wilson early with a freebet, got on MJW at 33/1 the other day, in an exhibition he hit 9 centuries in 11 frames, not just smashing the pack up and included back to back 147's so clearly he is in good form. 
  • Options
    Some good matches there. A few dangerous qualifiers, Maguire, Ding, Gilbert.
    I think it's hard to call. Robertson is favourite but he doesn't like the Crucible. 
  • Options
    Some good matches there. A few dangerous qualifiers, Maguire, Ding, Gilbert.
    I think it's hard to call. Robertson is favourite but he doesn't like the Crucible. 
    Also Higgins could be looking for revenge following his 9-4 collapse last week. Makes Higgins either dangerous, or an easier match for him. We shall see, no easy matches and can see a few shocks.

My last four works out:
    MJW/Wilson
    Robbo/ Ronnie

@paulie8290 will be tuned in. 

I did think about the prediction league, but i dont really have time to do it and just get ready for each round. We could always put predictions in here anyway to keep some interest. 
  • Options

Top Half

Mark Selby (1) v Jamie Jones
    Yan Bingtao (16) v Chris Wakelin
    Barry Hawkins (9) v Jackson Page
    Mark Williams (8) v Michael White
    Kyren Wilson (5) v Ding Junhui
    Stuart Bingham (12) v Lyu Haotian
    Anthony McGill (13) v Liam Highfield
    Judd Trump (4) v Hossein Vafaei

Bottom Half

Neil Robertson (3) v Ashley Hugill
    Jack Lisowski (14) v Matthew Stevens
    Luca Brecel (11) v Noppon Saengkham
    John Higgins (6) v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
    Zhao Xintong (7) v Jamie Clarke
    Shaun Murphy (10) v Stephen Maguire
    Mark Allen (15) v Scott Donaldson
    Ronnie O’Sullivan (2) v David Gilbert

• Options
    Ok, sorry i have been watching it but forgot to update on here. 

So far results: 
    Selby 10-7 Jones
    Xintong 10-2 Clarke
    Ronnie 10-5 Gilbert
    Page 10-7 Hawkins
    Maguire 10-8 Murphy
    Mcgill 10-7 Highfield
    Williams 10-3 White
    Allen 10-6 Donaldson
    Robertson 10-5 Hugill
    Bingham 10-5 Haotian
    Bingtao 10-6 Wakelin

Todays games: 
    Higgins 4-5 Un nooh - 10 am to finish
    Ding v Wilson - 10am, 7pm to finish

Vafei v Trump 230 start, finishes tomorrow eve
    Lisowski 6-3 Stevens , 230pm to finish

Brecel v Noppon 7pm start, finish tomorrow afternoon. 

Some really good performances, some of the underdogs have started well eg. Gibert/Hugill both going 3-0 & 3-1 up and then Ronnie and Robbo turning it around. No deciders yet but surely Ding  Wilson could be? So wide open this year, i am enjoying it! 
  • Options
    John Higgins wins 10-7 v Un-Nooh 
    Currently Ding 5-4 Wilson which resumes tonight
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    So a couple of finishes yesterday afternoon/eve: 
    Lisowski beat Matthew Stevens 10-8 , Stevens had gone 7-6 up from being 6-3 down but a couple missed chances either way. 
    Wilson beat Ding 10-8 , nearly a decider but Wilson got over the line

Noppon currently leads Brecel 6-3, it was 6-1, resumes 1pm today

2nd round also starts today at 1pm, best of 25, we have the master MJW v apprentice Jackson Page. 

Trump leads Vaifei 6-3, it was 3-0,3-3,6-3, this concludes tonight at 7pm and will be the last ones through to round 2. 

Xintong plays Maguire, starts tonight at 7pm. 

Enjoy your day everyone, still no major shocks. You could say Jackson Page v Hawkins, but Hawkins hasn't really been very consistent and Page is one for the future but still looking good at the mo. Same with Noppon v Brecel if he finishes the job, he is solid and i expected him to win (cashed out the bet already at 6-1) Brecel hasn't done well at the crucible yet, although he is having his best season Noppon has been tidy in the qualifiers and was always going to be tough. Not done yet, but Luca really needs to get a couple early then its game on.