Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• 147 MARK ALLEN

Mark Allen made the 170th 147 in snooker history today and his 2nd, his last one coming in The UK Championship in November 2016
    He had to make a few brilliant pressure pots towards the end to keep that break going too.
  • Shaun Murphy. What a jumped up prick. Never liked him. His comments should get him severely reprimanded. 
  • Shaun Murphy. What a jumped up prick. Never liked him. His comments should get him severely reprimanded. 
    Agreed massive knobhead, moaning that someone who dropped of the tour has beaten him lol embarrassing 
  • “It’s our livelihood “ says the multi-millionaire, does he suppose the amateur player will be saying they don’t need the prize money?
  • That bloated frog faced man child continues to show to me and the world what a knob he is.
  • ‘We are self employed’ 
  • Perhaps amateur/part time football teams shouldn’t be allowed to compete in the FA Cup in case they play well and deprive a league club the gate money from a potentially lucrative tie!
  • Perhaps amateur/part time football teams shouldn’t be allowed to compete in the FA Cup in case they play well and deprive a league club the gate money from a potentially lucrative tie!

Murphy is a disgrace. Most unlikeable snooker player ever for me and that was before he spouted off.

Although maybe I'll feel differently come 3rd of December!
  • edited November 2021
    Uh oh. 

reigning champion Neil Robertson (who supported Murphy's comments) has just been knocked out by yes, another amateur in John Astley. 
  • Whilst im into rant mode in gonna get another one off 🤣🤣

Now do I agree with Murphys comments no
    But Jesus has it been blown out of proportion.

Firstly no losing player should be interviewed 24 hours after defeat, its to raw emotions are high, ask Murphy today what he thinks and guarantee he regrets his comments.

But seriously, the whole of snooker twitter has been on a witch hunt, slagging him off calling him every name under the sun for making the comments.

The exact same people who when Ronnie O'Sullivan calls players ranked outside the top 64 numpties or says he would have to lose an arm and a leg for anyone outside the top 64 to beat him those same people slagging Murphy off now just laugh and say thats our Ronnie.

Seriously thats just 2 of the many many controversial things he has said over the years and he isnt the only one, Mark Allen famously came out for an interview with gaffer tape on his mouth ince as he kept getting fined for comments he was making.

But suddenly Murphy is dealing with a witch hunt, plus he had to deal with crap like this after the match which probably didn't help his mood.

• Sponsored links:

• great shot on the black for the win. took a while to get there. Vafaei wins 6-2 against Selby. 
  • great shot on the black for the win. took a while to get there. Vafaei wins 6-2 against Selby. 
    Either you have never watched snooker or your looking for a bite from me knowing I am a Selby fan 🤣🤣 and I am not biting 😉
  • as if.

seriously you like Selby?! na, i know you do, why though is beyond me. 
    the same man who when his so called team were winning the league he was playing snooker. priorities i guess.

• na, Selby was beaten today by the better player. Selby was no where near his best that we have seen him. He was deservedly beaten. 
  • na, Selby was beaten today by the better player. Selby was no where near his best that we have seen him. He was deservedly beaten. 

100%

I never once said he wasnt, the first 5 frames Selby was well out of form, he came into it abit in the last 3 but it was to late.

My point was you said it was a great shot knthe black to win when in fact it was one of the biggest flukes of the season, massively miss hit the safety and it went into the middle pocket 

Anyway you got your bite, congratulations 🤣🤣
  • UK Snooker Championship 2021: Mark Williams falls asleep during Anthony Hamilton defeat - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/59457433
  • Was really impressed by the guy that beat Higgins earlier.  Think he's got a big future 
  • Was really impressed by the guy that beat Higgins earlier.  Think he's got a big future 
    This guy is incredible.  Future world champion for sure 
  • Is it just me or has Steve Davis turned into the Millwall Masterchef Greg Wallis? (or is it Wallace?)
  • edited January 2022
    For anyone interested

Cliff Thornburn is about to play possibly his last ever match on BBC Red Button now.

He said this week and the UK Seniors is his last tournament.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for the heads up on that. I was vaguely following the seniors event but unaware Cliff was in it never mind it being his last tournament.
    Cliff is a true legend and an integral part of the game in its heyday.
    He’s a proper character too of course. Most notable was his world championship win and the 147 in the world champs with Big Bill looking on.
    I only saw him play once in the 1981 semi-final of the Masters at Wembley. He led Alex Higgins 5-1. Higgins went on to win 6-5. The atmosphere was incredible.
    Thorburn played a major part in establishing snooker as a mainstream televised sport.
  • On another note, i haven't been following the seniors. But there has been champions league snooker back this week, i have half looked at results but its on freesports if anyone wanted to tune in. 
  • The Masters has thrown up some superb matches, especially down to the last eight .. all four semi finalists are left handers (so what lol)
  • The Robertson v Williams match this afternoon was a proper cracker...and way, way, WAY more entertaining than anything CAFC served up today. 
  • The Robertson v Williams match this afternoon was a proper cracker...and way, way, WAY more entertaining than anything CAFC served up today. 

Yeah was absolute quality. If anyone hasn't seen it I highly recommend watching the final frame
  • thankfully saw the final frame. that period of play with the black in the corner was brilliant. 
    watched all of the second semi final. Not as dramatic but had quality and again went to the final frame. Crowd were a bit ott but it did add to the tension. (no pitch table invasion so not too bad) 

frame each so far between Hawkins and Robertson. 
  • well after some great matches and close ties it was a bit of a let down for the final.
    Hawkins was out of sorts, missing blacks off the spot etc and Robertson was able to find another gear in the evening session. 
  • Underwhelming final but enjoyable tournament. I went last Monday to see Higgins v Xintong and Murphy v Hawkins. £20 for a all day ticket, good value!
  • Have been watching the German Masters all week...can't believe Eurosports didn't show the afternoon session of the final!  Zhao is the most attacking, exciting player since Ronnie!  He has a big future ahead of him.  Had a bet on him to win the tournament at 7-2 - am expecting a win with him 8-0 up after the afternoon session!
  • So Zhao Xintong wins 9-0 against his friend..Yan Bingtao!  Short evening session - but such an exciting prospect...