Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

1191192193194195197»

Comments

• Options
    highlighting someone else's (potential) mental health issues is proper below the belt - both as bad as each other.
  • Options
    edited January 17
    The major issue with this is that both have said each other are not right in the head. Both have issues apparently, but to use it as a put down which they both have is poor. Neither seem to possess empathy which is a shame. They both come across as very small minded individuals. Ronnie being the more influential, successful and one who has spoken about his condition before should do better. Find the whole thing pathetic. 
    Bang on mate, Ronnie's rant was a bit much and he has crossed the line a bit of late several times. A fine for both would suffice, its literally they are both as bad as each other. 

I really hate they both have said the other needs counselling or to see someone, in this day and age its not really edgy or funny its actually pretty demeaning and both should be punished. 

On a side note buzzing for Ronnie, he's not playing well but still picked up the UK, Masters, still not sure about Worlds unless he some how picks up his form (similar to last nights game). He said he's having a break after this week bar exhibitions, which his his perogative and probably to save over doing it too, he sees tournaments as match practice. 

I am off to Berlin in two weeks, i went to the masters but going to the German masters semi final. looking forward to the snooker and meeting a german friend and having a fun weekend.

PS. i did go to the English open semis in brentwood too so getting about a bit at snooker of late, likely the tour championship in April too (snooker friend/lady is coming over)
  • Options
    I still like him though.😏
  • Options
    highlighting someone else's (potential) mental health issues is proper below the belt - both as bad as each other.
    I'm always dubious when a 'personality' claims that their misbehaviour is down to 'mental issues' .. like 'oooh I am so fragile, I can't elp it'..

It seems that nowadays, anyone seeking to excuse their unacceptable or anti-social antics can blame any one of the ever growing number of mental health acronyms for their bad behaviour, and then get a free ticket while the rest of us are expected to put up with them and accept that they have 'issues' beyond their control
  • Options
    Snooker going to Saudi now as well. The purists won't like this though:

"The invitational event will take place between March 4-6 in Riyadh at the Boulevard Arena; a new 23rd ball known as "Riyadh Season ball" will be introduced and will be worth 20 points".
  • Options
    Wtaf is that golden ball all about. Is it on the table from the start just getting in the way because you're not allowed to play it?
  • Options
    It darts about the table and only Harry Potter can catch it 
  • Options
    rina said:
    Wtaf is that golden ball all about. Is it on the table from the start just getting in the way because you're not allowed to play it?
    Maybe it'll just appear randomly from a hole in the cushion like on a pinball table!

I'm normally open to trying new things in sports and down with a bit of razzmatazz but this is ridiculous. 
  • Options
    edited January 19

"The invitational event will take place between March 4-6 in Riyadh at the Boulevard Arena; a new 23rd ball known as "Riyadh Season ball" will be introduced and will be worth 20 points".
    who recalls Fred Davis years ago introducing 'snooker plus' .. another coloured ball was added to the table between the blue and the pink IF I remember

EDIT shows what I remember, the Davis amendment added 2 balls to the table .. 1959 News of the World Snooker Plus Tournament - Wikipedia
  • Options
    It's stupid, like bad enough another one going out to Saudi... What i don't like, its another invitational for the top players. top 8 players and 2 wildcards, hardly inclusive, this week we have the top 32, last week masters top 16, players is coming up top 16 and then the tour top 12. I get we want to see the best, however its basically like giving the best players the chance to win even more money and nothing for the lower players. 

I wouldn't mind as such if they had a similar tournament for the people who didn't qualify with a decent prize pool at the same time.

The goldenball sounds terrible, only available if someone is on a max. like whats the point? that wont add anything to the match and as its rare for a 147 probably wont even factor. 

Whole thing is crazy, but money talks! Bit poor upsetting the players outside the top 8
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welsh Open final tonight (18th February).  Gary Wilson v. Martin O'Donnell.  Probably the most boring final in recent years.  So many misses, strange choices of shots and endless safelty play.
  • Options
    Player's Championship 1/4 final tonight.  Selby v. O'Sullivan.  Thought would be a cracker as Ronnie unbeaten in 16 matches.  Final Score Mark Selby 6-0 Ronnie O'Sullivan!!  Fair to say Ronnie not at his best...
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Player's Championship 1/4 final tonight.  Selby v. O'Sullivan.  Thought would be a cracker as Ronnie unbeaten in 16 matches.  Final Score Mark Selby 6-0 Ronnie O'Sullivan!!  Fair to say Ronnie not at his best...
    "Ronnie not at his best"

Ignoring completely Selby was absolutely sublime tonight 

• Options
    Yes @paulie8290 Selby was fantastic and took full advantage of Ronnie’s poor safety and errors.  Back to his best.
  • Options
    Ronnie probably just wanted the match to end. Fair play to him. Selby gets on my tits.
  • Options
    Ronnie probably just wanted the match to end. Fair play to him. Selby gets on my tits.
    And why would he want the match to end?

Surely as a professional sportsman he is there to win right?

If not why bother turning up?

Selby gets a lot of criticism for his play, but had an AST quicker than Ronnie last night, Selby was on absolute fire and punished every Ronnie mistake.

Maybe if Ronnie spent more time practicing and less time slagging other players off then he might not have made so many basic errors tonight(really hope John Astley enjoyed that match 😂😂) 
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    "Ronnie not at his best"

lol shock Paulie somehow returns after a Ronnie battering by Selby....

Ronnie was due an off day, i missed the first frame but a combination of him not really being on it/ caring and Selby playing well. Shame normally one of the matches i look forward to most, big result from Selby maybe he'll kick on from this. 

Still unbelievable season so far from Ronnie, titles wise even though he hasn't played his top form to win a couple of them, Trump is also having a great season so far. 

On a seperate note i did the Masters as per, also went to Berlin Masters which was amazing in terms of the Arena, Trump in the semis. Will be going to Manchester the first week in April too. 
  • Options
    So todays matches on ITV4
    1pm - Mark Allen v Zhang Anda QF
    7pm - Allen v Carter (Semi1)
    tomorrow- Selby v winner of QF

Even though its hard to see Ronnie bashed, i'd like Selby to win this weekend. Finding a bit of form not long before the Crucible could be dangerous.

People have been talking a lot about Ronnie 8, 8, 8 (UK/ Masters, Potentially Worlds) All in one season, although i am pessimistic as i can't see how Ronnie could do 2 and a half weeks where hes off days wont get punished, it remains to be seen and it would be a remarkable achievement but i am not getting head of myself, Trumps the man to beat, Allen is looking good in spells. Selby could be back which is very dangerous, Robbo/ Brecel sort of finding a bit of form, only last couple but it could be a decent Worlds.

Re: Ronnie on Astley, another step too far and was way out of line, although there is an element of truth its still shocking to call out a fellow pro and overstepped for me. I try not to listen to much of what he says off the table as i think its an act and half the time he's taking the piss/ don't care. His documentary is very good if anyone has had a chance to watch it? helps you understand his battle a bit, i know he definitely picks and chooses where he plays the mental card, missing events but its been working with his results so again i am not going to criticise.  
  • Options
    And why would he want the match to end?

Surely as a professional sportsman he is there to win right?

If not why bother turning up?

Selby gets a lot of criticism for his play, but had an AST quicker than Ronnie last night, Selby was on absolute fire and punished every Ronnie mistake.

Maybe if Ronnie spent more time practicing and less time slagging other players off then he might not have made so many basic errors tonight(really hope John Astley enjoyed that match 😂😂) 
    😴
  • Options
    it's tough going watching Selby play snooker 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CafcWest said:
    "Ronnie not at his best"

lol shock Paulie somehow returns after a Ronnie battering by Selby....

Ronnie was due an off day, i missed the first frame but a combination of him not really being on it/ caring and Selby playing well. Shame normally one of the matches i look forward to most, big result from Selby maybe he'll kick on from this. 

Still unbelievable season so far from Ronnie, titles wise even though he hasn't played his top form to win a couple of them, Trump is also having a great season so far. 

On a seperate note i did the Masters as per, also went to Berlin Masters which was amazing in terms of the Arena, Trump in the semis. Will be going to Manchester the first week in April too. 
    Its more the Ronnie fans on here that come out and say Ronnie didn't want it every time he loses it.

When he wins a match-he is best player in the world and unstoppable 

When he loses a match-he didn't want to win anyway

Never any credit given to how well his opponents played.

Selby completely outplayed Ronnie in every aspect yesterday, safety, positioning, even AST

Yet still its Ronnie didn't want to be there, Selby is boring

And you wonder why I stopped writting 😂😂
  • Options

who recalls Fred Davis years ago introducing 'snooker plus' .. another coloured ball was added to the table between the blue and the pink IF I remember

EDIT shows what I remember, the Davis amendment added 2 balls to the table .. 1959 News of the World Snooker Plus Tournament - Wikipedia
    My Dad told me about this. Like you, he remembered it as one extra ball, the purple.
  • Options

My Dad told me about this. Like you, he remembered it as one extra ball, the purple.
    When they have the big tournament in Saudi with £2m on offer in prize money.  There will be an extra golden ball worth 20 points for anyone who gets a 147 - meaning they could get to 167!  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/68027678
  • Options
    remember when ITV did a snooker programme and they brought in a black and yellow ball that was worth 10 points ? Think Jimmy White nicknamed it The Wasp

• Options
    just switched on the final. Allen v Zhang 5 all.

big moment for Zhang Anda after beating Selby (who did nearly make a great comeback.) in the semi final as Allen is still not playing great.