Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    The top half of the draw has completely fallen apart already. I've got tickets for SF1 on Friday and was thinking the most likely match up would be O'Sullivan vs Trump or Murphy. It's now looking like I may be watching Ronnie take on an unseeded player, I'm hoping for Si
  • Options
    I can't see Si beating McGill, but you never know.
  • Options
    Been a very strange tournament this first week. Some very one sided matches plus the pockets seem to be overly forgiving. Seen some good frames but nothing like previous years imo. 
    Even the close match between Selby and Wilson hasn't been all that. Least it's 5 all. 

Lisowski is embarrassing himself today. 
  • Options
    Comeback is on...
  • Options
    That was the worst second round ever, only one close game. Let's hope the quarters are closer. 
  • Options
    O'Sullivan and Higgins just keep potting away after all these years ..  remarkable
  • Options
    cafc375 said:
    Have to agree with what was shouted by the crowd (when you watch the clip). Genuinely makes me mad 😡
    Was my mates dad who was sitting with me lol , lucky for them if he was further forward he might not have been so polite :smiley:
  • Options
    F***ing protesters 

If that cloth needs to be changed it ruins the whole schedule

Not to mention ruin it for everyone who bought a ticket for tonight 

What does ruin a snooker table have to do with Oil FFS

Literally been off here all week, i was on that table. Absolute bar stewards, first time at crucible and was watching the other table from a distance, it was ok but really not the same. Lucky the crucible is smaller compared to other venues and only holds 900 so it wasn't too bad, however still really riles me these protesters. I don't condone violence but would have loved if they got a few kicks back stage after. 

The whole thing was very good, we went along to the winter gardens and i had a go on the snooker table, was an easy challenge really but still people were feeding my ego as it was too easy (bare in mind i dont play snooker anymore) it was every pocket 2 reds and pot in the fewest attempts, i skill shot a few  so got ahead of the game, missed the black but then had a long black for 10 shots i nailed.  

We were mostly drinking on the build up to the match and then the following day again from 10, ended up going to a couple of restaurants (BBQ place first night , Cosmos second) went to Sheffield FC which i wouldn't recommend as we had to get the train back as in the middle of nowhere but a new ground and the first to ever hold a match in UK apparently. 

Crossed paths with a few, Steve Davis, Judd Trump, Hossein (haha expected Ronnie to beat him but not by that much) and a few others, Slessor 

Been a great tourney so far, some nice shocks, i do think so far Ronnie has had a nice draw including Brecel.  Higgins is playing the best, although i have interest in Selby and Mcgill outright (66/1), still a long way to go.. well technically over half way so they say... 
    Ah so it was you!  Get off it and stop throwing things!!
  • Options
     Brecel now leads O'Sullivan 11 frames to 10 after being 10-6 down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    O'Sullivan and Higgins just keep potting away after all these years ..  remarkable
    both now playing either side of the 'iron curtain' and both struggling
  • Options
    Brecel wins 13-10
  • Options
    clive said:
    Brecel wins 13-10
    absolutely blinding performance .. 7 frames on the run .. mind you O'Sullivan played like a blind man
  • Options
    What Ronnie O'Sullivan is out(despite everyone online saying he was gonna win number 8 this year)

• Options
    clive said:
    Brecel wins 13-10
    absolutely blinding performance .. 7 frames on the run .. mind you O'Sullivan played like a blind man
    Watcged the 4 frames Ronnie lost when he was 10-6 up - he made an awful lot of mistakes. Very disappointing.
  • Options
    One of the worst Ronnie performances in a while yesterday, i feel a bit bitter but genuinely felt he made it into a practice match for Luca yesterday. 

The balls he missed were really easy , he looked like he didn't want to be there and a couple times just left the perfect split for Luca. Normally i would give some credit but i didn't feel he had to step up a gear or put Ronnie under pressure.

Anyone else, there would be suggestions of match fixing, it was really that bad. In particular for ROS fan. Cheering on Selby now

I've seen suggestions on line how convenient a chinese player getting to the semi final, that's a load of rubbish. He's earnt it, Mcgill didn't quite turn up but still Si Jihai has played fearless and even competed on the safeties in yesterdays match, ultimately he handled the pressure better than Mcgill.

Si Jihai v Selby final would be good and i am sure Selby wouldn't lose, tbf not sure either could beat Selby only Allen has the game left imo but there have been some shocks so far.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Brecel wins 13-10
    The last sentence was more accurate, 7 frames on the spin you would think Wow... however watching the frames Ronnie had lots of chances and literally most professionals would have beat him in that session 7-0, in my opinion. 

Actually think that's been the easiest draw for Ronnie in recent history so not sure he will get the 8th but you never know, Selby is hunting him down now which should be interesting. 
  • Options
    watching Selby play snooker is like pulling teeth
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Purists, is probably the word. Allen has gone down this route of late, they both can break build and pot as good as any but the extra tactical nous wins matches,

I actually enjoy watching Selby, he can do both sides of the game and you know if he's off his game like Ronnie yesterday for example, he's still going to do his best to dig in and win. 

Going into yesterday, Higgins was playing the best snooker and he done a professional job and he couldn't settle and Selby took over. People don't like playing Selby
  • Options
    Purists, is probably the word. Allen has gone down this route of late, they both can break build and pot as good as any but the extra tactical nous wins matches,

I actually enjoy watching Selby, he can do both sides of the game and you know if he's off his game like Ronnie yesterday for example, he's still going to do his best to dig in and win. 

Going into yesterday, Higgins was playing the best snooker and he done a professional job and he couldn't settle and Selby took over. People don't like playing Selby
    I hope anyone but Selby wins. Can't see anyone stopping him now...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Jimmy White fan's said similar things about Steve Davis. 

Davis won 6 World titles 
    White won none. 

It's not all about crash bang wallop. 
  • Options

Davis won 6 World titles 
    White won none. 

Selby is not enjoyable to watch and you're doing Jimmy White a great disservice to use 'crash bang wallop'. He was in six World finals and lost a final frame decider to Hendry in one of them. 
  • Options
    One of the worst Ronnie performances in a while yesterday, i feel a bit bitter but genuinely felt he made it into a practice match for Luca yesterday. 

The balls he missed were really easy , he looked like he didn't want to be there and a couple times just left the perfect split for Luca. Normally i would give some credit but i didn't feel he had to step up a gear or put Ronnie under pressure.

Anyone else, there would be suggestions of match fixing, it was really that bad. In particular for ROS fan. Cheering on Selby now

I've seen suggestions on line how convenient a chinese player getting to the semi final, that's a load of rubbish. He's earnt it, Mcgill didn't quite turn up but still Si Jihai has played fearless and even competed on the safeties in yesterdays match, ultimately he handled the pressure better than Mcgill.

Si Jihai v Selby final would be good and i am sure Selby wouldn't lose, tbf not sure either could beat Selby only Allen has the game left imo but there have been some shocks so far.
    It did look like Ronnie didn't want to be there. Brecel didn't have to raise his game.
  • Options

Davis won 6 World titles 
    White won none. 

Selby is not enjoyable to watch and you're doing Jimmy White a great disservice to use 'crash bang wallop'. He was in six World finals and lost a final frame decider to Hendry in one of them. 
    Says who?

The game isn't called pot balls as quick as you can.

Selby is extremely enjoyable to watch because he knows every inch of that table.

If your watching just to see, quick snooker, balls being potted and that's it maybe watch snooker shootout and leave it and that 🤣

There is nothing I like more than watching a 45/50 frame with some great safety 

Listen to people like, McManus or Murphy they constantly say how great watching Selby is because of what he does, he has a great all round game, he can break build with the best of them(only Higgins(7) has more centuries than him(6) this tournament) but his safety is second to none, Higgins went from annihilating Wilson to losing to Selby why because of Selbys safety.

The fact of the matter is if he wins on monday he will have 5 World titles and be 1 behind Davis and Reardon and 2 behind Hendry and Ronnie.

• Options

Davis won 6 World titles 
    White won none. 

Says who?

Selby is extremely enjoyable to watch because he knows every inch of that table.

If your watching just to see, quick snooker, balls being potted and that's it maybe watch snooker shootout and leave it and that 🤣

Listen to people like, McManus or Murphy they constantly say how great watching Selby is because of what he does, he has a great all round game, he can break build with the best of them(only Higgins(7) has more centuries than him(6) this tournament) but his safety is second to none, Higgins went from annihilating Wilson to losing to Selby why because of Selbys safety.

The fact of the matter is if he wins on monday he will have 5 World titles and be 1 behind Davis and Reardon and 2 behind Hendry and Ronnie.

I don't enjoy watching him - no need for your idiotic comments. I've watched plenty of snooker over the years and am well aware of what the game entails.

He might be a very good player but like Davis, Ebdon, Thorburn etc I find him dull to watch. 

We all have different opinions...
  • Options
    Si manages 2 centuries in the opening 3 frames.
  • Options
    Si 3-1 up after two centuries and a 90 break.
  • Options

Davis won 6 World titles 
    White won none. 

great point well made and yeah I accept that, I just find watching players of that ilk so tedious 

thought the bloke who beat Ronnie looked superb
  • Options
    God i hate it when I have to watch it on BBC

Particularly when it is John "and where's the white going" Virgo

• Options

Davis won 6 World titles 
    White won none. 

Says who?

I don't enjoy watching him - no need for your idiotic comments. I've watched plenty of snooker over the years and am well aware of what the game entails.

He might be a very good player but like Davis, Ebdon, Thorburn etc I find him dull to watch. 

We all have different opinions...
    I don't think my comment was idiotic and clearly nor do the 2 people who liked the post.

You said Selby is not enjoyable to watch what you should have said is "I don't enjoy watching Selby" because there are people myself included who enjoy watching Selby so for some Selby is enjoyable to watch