Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    Fair play to Reanne Evans she played alot better than i thought and alot better than i have seen when she has played at other events and was 1 red away from winning, if she plays like that she may get a few wins this season.

She needs to have a good look at herself tho because what she did before the match was completely unprofessional and i hope someone pulls her to oneside and has a word with her about it, snooker is known for its sportmanship and the prematch handshake(fist bump now) is part of the game even if you hate the person 
  • Options
    And walking off at the end waving to the crowd and ignoring Allen. 

I know they are going to court re child custody and child maintenance but needs to keep it professional in the game 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    And walking off at the end waving to the crowd and ignoring Allen. 

I know they are going to court re child custody and child maintenance but needs to keep it professional in the game 
    She had ironing to get back to...
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Did she actually try and use covid as a excuse for not doing the fist bumps.

Surely she has seen every other game today has done it, also she knows they are not in secure bubbles anymore and would have been with loads of different people throughout the day.

Thats a rubbish excuse to say i didnt do it because of covid, bet she hugs her friends 🤣
  • Options
    I have seen both incidents, in fairness what they have gone through is so messy i think sometimes people have taken it out of context. She gets paid nothing/ no maintenance and is currently in a legal battle with him, so you cant blame her for refusing to shake his hand. At the end, when she was across the table she sort of acknowledged him by nodding her head eg. well played. 

In normal circumstances you could perhaps string her up, but i dont feel that is fair. Nice to see her give it a good go too, i only watched the decider. But i've heard she played well and should have won (according to Mark Allen), i see someone on social media yesterday was moaning about the enthusiastic clapping on standard shots? Also some of the comments on social media are a joke and bringing sexism to the corr even when it comes to the handshake (well no handshake) people said if it was the other way they would throw the book at Allen, i dont agree. I sincerely hope she isn't reprimanded in anyway and feel some things are bigger like a personal battle/fallout/ break up. 

Roll on round 2 (hopefully its soon lol) 
  • Options
    British Open 
    Round 1
    Results 

Dominic Dale 3-0 Xiao Guodong 
    Lu Ning 3-1 Igor Figueiredo 
    Lee Walker 3-1 Sanderson Lam
    Wu Yize 3-0 Fraser Patrick 
    Zhao Jianbo 3-1 Anthony McGill 
    David Grace 3-2 Mark Lloyd 
    Andy Hicks 3-1 Chang Bingyu 
    Zhang Jiankang 3-1 Peter Lines 
    Ashley Hugill 3-2 Kyren Wilson 
    Jimmy Robertson 3-0 Mark Joyce
    Elliott Slessor 3-1 Peter Devlin 
    Ben Hancorn 3-2 Joe Perry 
    Stephen Maguire 3-0 Jackson Page 
    Anthony Hamilton 3-2 Iulian Boiko 
    Scott Donaldson 3-0 Dean Young
    Barry Pinches 3-2 Jack Lisowski 
    Ricky Walkden 3-2 James Cahill 
    Andrew Pagett 3-1 Michael Judge
    Mark Selby 3-2 Shaun Murphy 
    Mark Davis 3-2 Michael Holt 
    Ross Muir 3-2 Ryan Day 
    Hossein Vafaei 3-1 Jamie Jones 
    Dave Gilbert 3-0 Matthew Stevens 
    Stephen Hendry 3-2 Chris Wakelin 
  • Options
    That Hendry game was a hard watch, drama though. Great to see him win but he had a few chances to win 3-1, then in the decider they both had about 4/5 clear cut chances and then made mistakes, might have been more nerves. 

Hendry's long potting was good, he was better tactically than last time round. He just needs to get the composure and win in one visit too, it was real slog that one, hopefully he kicks on now that he has a win under his belt. 

Quite a few shocks early doors, expected given the short format.
  • Options
    British Open
    Round 1
    Results 

Michael Georgiou 3-0 Soheil Vahedi 
    Oliver Lines 3-0 Si Jiahui 
    Cao Yupeng 3-2 Zhao Xintong 
    Pang Junxu 3-0 Jamie Clarke 
    Ali Carter 3-2 Lei Peifan 
    Li Hang 3-0 Sam Craigie 
    Duane Jones 3-1 Nigel Bond 
    Luca Brecel 3-2 Barry Hawkins 
    Lukas Kleckers 3-2 Yan Bingtao 
    Mark King 3-1 Jamie Wilson
    Noppon Saengkham 3-0 Sean Maddocks 
    Gary Wilson 3-0 Fergal O'Brien 
    Allan Taylor 3-1 Alfie Burden 
    Stuart Bingham 3-1 Rob Milkins 
    Martin Gould 3-1 Graeme Dott 
  • Options
    British Open
    Round 2
    Results 

Ben Hancorn 3-2 Scott Donaldson 
    Stephen Maguire 3-2 Martin O'Donnell 
    Liam Highfield 3-2 Chen Zifan 
    Mark Williams 3-2 Dominic Dale 
    Hossein Vafaei 3-2 Mark Allen 
    Zhou Yuelong 3-0 Andy Hicks
    Jordan Brown 3-0 David Lilley 
    Anthony Hamilton 3-2 Ashley Hugill 
  • Options
    British Open 
    Round 2
    Result 

Duane Jones 3-0 Ian Burns
    Hammad Miah 3-1 Liang Wenbo 
    Jimmy Robertson 3-2 Noppon Saengkham 
    Xu Si 3-0 Barry Pinches 
    Luca Brecel 3-1 Zhao Jianbo 
    Jak Jones 3-1 Mark Davis 
    Ross Muir 3-0 Rory McLeod 
    Ricky Walden 3-1 Robbie Williams 
    John Higgins 3-2 Cao Yupeng 
    Dave Gilbert 3-1 John Astley 
    Matt Selt 3-0 Michael Georgiou 
    Elliott Slessor 3-1 Wu Yize 
    Lee Walker 3-2 Mark King 
    Oliver Lines 3-0 David Grace 
    Allan Taylor 3-0 Jimmy White 
    Gary Wilson 3-0 Stephen Hendry 
    Lu Ning 3-1 Martin Gould 
    Lukas Kleckers 3-2 Louis Heathcote 
    Zhang Jiankang 3-0 Li Hang 
    Ali Carter 3-0 Mark Selby 
    Pang Junxu 3-1 Bai Langning 
    Judd Trump 3-1 Stuart Bingham 
    Joe O'Connor 3-1 Ken Doherty 
    Andrew Pagett 3-2 Dylan Emery 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whilst im here and round 2 is now fully complete and we have the draw for round 3 i may as well post it
  • Options
    British Open 
    Round 3
    Draw

Liam Highfield v Mark Williams 
    Judd Trump v Elliott Slessor 
    Allan Taylor v Ross Muir
    Joe O'Connor v Anthony Hamilton 
    Ali Carter v Oliver Lines 
    Jak Jones v Hossein Vafaei 
    Xu Si v Gary Wilson 
    Zhang Jiankang v Pang Junxu 
    Andrew Pagett v Dave Gilbert 
    Duane Jones v Jimmy Robertson 
    Matt Selt v Zhou Yuelong 
    Lukas Kleckers v Lee Walker
    Ricky Walden v John Higgins 
    Hammad Miah v Luca Brecel 
    Stephen Maguire v Jordan Brown 
    Ben Hancorn v Lu Ning 
  • Options
    British Open 
    Round 3
    Results 

Mark Williams 3- Liam Highfield 
    Hossein Vafaei 3-2 Jak Jones 
    Zhou Yuelong 3-1 Matt Selt
    Ross Muir 3-1 Allan Taylor 
    Dave Gilbert 3-0 Andrew Pagett 
    Gary Wilson 3-0 Xu Si 
    Joe O'Connor 3-2 Anthony Hamilton 
    Jimmy Robertson 3-2 Duane Jones 
    Ali Carter 3-1 Oliver Lines 
    Ricky Walden 3-1 John Higgins 
    Lu Ning 3-1 Ben Hancorn 
    Lukas Kleckers 3-0 Lee Walker
    Hammad 3-1 Luca Brecel 
    Stephen Maguire 3-0 Jordan Brown 
    Elliott Slessor 3-2 Judd Trump 
    Zhang Jiankang 3-1 Pang Junxu 
  • Options
    And with those results this afternoon we also have a new World Number 1

Well an old number 1 regaining it anyway

For the 7th time Mark Selby has returned to the top if the ranking list.

This is because Trump was defending £175,000 from the 2019 International championship whilst Selby was only defending £32,000 so despite Trump getting one round further he has lost more so Selby has overtaken him
  • Options
    British Open
    Last 16
    Draw

Jimmy Robertson v Stephen Maguire 
    Dave Gilbert v Hammad Miah 
    Ali Carter v Elliott Slessor 
    Ricky Walden v Ross Muir
    Lu Ning v Lukas Kleckers 
    Zhang Jiankang v Mark Williams 
    Joe O'Connor v Zhou Yuelong 
    Hossein Vafaei v Gary Wilson 

• Options
    Been saying it all tournament but really think this tournament and the way its set up is fantastic for a lower ranked player to win, can see someone like Lu Ning, Hossein Vafaei, Zhou Yuelong getting to the final.

The random draw and the first to 3 up to the quarter final i think was tailor made for the lower ranked players
  • Options
    147 ALI CARTER

Ali Carter gets the 168th 147 in snooker history and his 3rd, his last coming in the German Masters qualifiers in December 2016
  • Options
    Been saying it all tournament but really think this tournament and the way its set up is fantastic for a lower ranked player to win, can see someone like Lu Ning, Hossein Vafaei, Zhou Yuelong getting to the final.

The random draw and the first to 3 up to the quarter final i think was tailor made for the lower ranked players
    Would love Vafaei to win it but not sure he has the long time concentration needed. 
  • Options
    British Open 
    Last 16
    Results 

Elliott Slessor 3-1 Ali Carter 
    Zhou Yuelong 3-2 Joe O'Connor 
    Jimmy Robertson 3-0 Stephen Maguire 
    Ricky Walden 3-1 Ross Muir
    Mark Williams 3-2 Zhang Jiankang 
    Lu Ning 3-0 Lukas Kleckers 
    Dave Gilbert 3-0 Hammad Miah 
    Gary Wilson 3-2 Hossein Vafaei 

• Options
    edited August 2021
    British Open 
    Quarter Final 
    Draw

Lu Ning v Jimmy Robertson 
    Zhou Yuelong v Elliott Slessor 
    Mark Williams v Ricky Walden 
    Dave Gilbert v Gary Wilson 

British Open 
    Semi Final 
    Draw

Lu Ning or Jimmy Robertson v Mark Williams or Ricky Walden
    Zhou Yuelong or Elliott Slessor v Dave Gilbert or Gary Wilson
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mark Williams is the only top 16 player left in the tournament 

Mark Williams 
    Ricky Walden 
    Jimmy Robertson 
    Dave Gilbert 
    Are the only players left who have won a ranking event tournament before.

Lu Ning
    Zhou Yuelong 
    Elliott Slessor 
    Gary Wilson 

Will all be looking at this as a big opportunity now
  • Options
    MARK WILLIAMS IS BRITISH OPEN CHAMPION 
  • Options
    British Open
    Final

Mark Williams 6-4 Gary Wilson 

So after all the lower ranked players getting to the quarters and 4 non ranking event winners, its a multiple ranking event winner and former World Champion Mark Williams who ends up winning, shows no matter what the format the cream always rises to the top
  • Options
    A few qualifiers one next week and some in September, but the way the calendar is set up this week there is no actual event until October now
  • Options
    Also curious to see what happens now.

Williams winning means Ronnie gets into the Champion of Champions on the ranking list 

However i remember a few years ago he said he wouldnt enter that way and if he didnt win a title he wouldnt be there, so if he doesnt win the Northern Ireland open or English Open, lets see if he actually turns down an opportunity at such a big event
  • Options
    I have seen both incidents, in fairness what they have gone through is so messy i think sometimes people have taken it out of context. She gets paid nothing/ no maintenance and is currently in a legal battle with him, so you cant blame her for refusing to shake his hand. At the end, when she was across the table she sort of acknowledged him by nodding her head eg. well played. 

In normal circumstances you could perhaps string her up, but i dont feel that is fair. Nice to see her give it a good go too, i only watched the decider. But i've heard she played well and should have won (according to Mark Allen), i see someone on social media yesterday was moaning about the enthusiastic clapping on standard shots? Also some of the comments on social media are a joke and bringing sexism to the corr even when it comes to the handshake (well no handshake) people said if it was the other way they would throw the book at Allen, i dont agree. I sincerely hope she isn't reprimanded in anyway and feel some things are bigger like a personal battle/fallout/ break up. 

Roll on round 2 (hopefully its soon lol) 

Bit late to this but apparently when he left her he just left a note on the kitchen table. And he is apparently only paying £100 a month and has gone into bankruptcy. But that's for the courts to sort out.

• Options
    British Open
    Final

Mark Williams 6-4 Gary Wilson 

So after all the lower ranked players getting to the quarters and 4 non ranking event winners, its a multiple ranking event winner and former World Champion Mark Williams who ends up winning, shows no matter what the format the cream always rises to the top
    I didnt watch it but I've heard Gary Wilson got a bit funny in the post match interview with Rob Walker.
  • Options
    Something around twitter saying Peter Lines allegedly offered one of the younger players outside after a match.  Guodong is saying he was asked to step outside after claims of cheating, Lines is currently under investigation following a complaint to the World Snooker Tour.
  • Options
    147 MARK ALLEN

Mark Allen made the 170th 147 in snooker history today and his 2nd, his last one coming in The UK Championship in November 2016
  • Options
    Not a bad way to restart snooker after a long long break.

This season has been very weird obviously due to no going abroad in the first half of the season, they came back had 2 events then had another 6 weeks off.

Thankfully now we have the Northern Ireland open then the English open before another week off then the Champion of Champions, UK Championship and Scottish Open all back to back