Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    clive said:
    Results
    Lee Walker 2-3 Darren Morgan
    Stephen Hendry 3-0 Patsy Fagan
    Michael Judge 2-3 Patrick Wallace
    David Lilley 3-1 Philip Williams

Full coverage details:

Friday, 7 May

12:00-16:00 & 19:00-23:00 - BBC Red Button, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport website & app

Did anyone watch this? What was the standard like, in previous years it was bit hard to watch, but Hendry getting some kind of form and Lee Walker who plays a few events. Paulie did post about the highlight for Philip Williams was who he was coached by lol 
  • Options
    Quick heads up if you haven't noticed it is on but tonight is a start of a three part series on the Gods of Snooker. BBC 2 9pm. 

From what i have read it sounds like it should be really good documentary. 
  • Options
    Followed by a repeated documentary about Alex Higgins. 
  • Options
    watching the oldies .. the once immaculate Tony Knowles looked like he'd been sleeping rough for a few weeks
  • Options
    Quick heads up if you haven't noticed it is on but tonight is a start of a three part series on the Gods of Snooker. BBC 2 9pm. 

A fascinating watch - a great record of how the game has changed. You forget what a wreck Higgins was.
  • Options
    Im not posting much anymore but have seen about 4/5 people comment about The Jester nickname and need to clear this up to avoid further confusion.

How many of you know him personally?
    How many of you see him behind the scenes?

Just because on the table he concentrates on what he needs to do(and that by the way has won him 4 world titles in the last 8 years) and doesn't laugh and joke around the table you think its a stupid nickname.

So many pros and other people around the circuit have said off the table he is one of the funniest people around hence the nickname.

But when he has a match on he knows he needs to be in match mode and is fully focused on what he needs to do
    Come off it, it's a stage nickname as it rhymes with Leicester, nothing else.

Same as Neil Robertson bring the Thunder from Down Under.
    You mean it's not a reference to his intestinal problems?
  • Options

A fascinating watch - a great record of how the game has changed. You forget what a wreck Higgins was.
    without the bravado and the natural skill he kinda reminds me of me. wish I had the bravado and the natural skill though. 
  • Options

without the bravado and the natural skill he kinda reminds me of me. wish I had the bravado and the natural skill though. 
    One of my favourite sportsmen of all time- loved watching him play but he was always on edge.

Saw him play as a kid in Manchester back in the 70s - never seen anything like it.

Totally self destructive like George Best.
  • Options

Thank you i might have to catch up if on bbc player. 
  • Options

Thank you i might have to catch up if on bbc player. 
    I watched the whole series on Iplayer - it's an excellent watch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The players on tour for next season

The 64 who finished in the top 64 last season 

1-Judd Trump
    2-Mark Selby
    3-Ronnie O'Sullivan
    4-Neil Robertson
    5-Shaun Murphy
    6-Kyren Wilson
    7-John Higgins
    8-Ding Junhui
    9-Stephen Maguire
    10-Yan Bingtao
    11-Mark Williams
    12-Mark Allen
    13-Barry Hawkins
    14-Jack Lisowski
    15-Stuart Bingham
    16-Anthony McGill
    17-Zhou Yuelong
    18-Graeme Dott
    19-Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
    20-Joe Perry
    21-Kurt Maflin
    22-Tom Ford
    23-David Gilbert
    24-Ali Carter
    25-Martin Gould
    26-Zhao Xintong
    27-Liang Wenbo
    28-Ryan Day
    29-Xiao Guodong
    30-Matthew Selt
    31-Michael Holt
    32-Ricky Walden
    33-Gary Wilson
    34-Scott Donaldson
    35-Lu Ning
    36-Matthew Stevens
    37-Robert Milkins
    38-Li Hang
    39-Luca Brecel
    40-Jordan Brown
    41-Hossein Vafaei
    42-Mark Joyce
    43-Liam Highfield
    44-Noppon Saengkham
    45-Alexander Ursenbacher
    46-Ben Woollaston
    47-Stuart Carrington
    48-Martin O'Donnell
    49-Mark Davis
    50-Sam Craigie
    51-Elliot Slessor
    52-Mark King
    53-Lyu Haotian
    54-Anthony Hamilton
    55-Jamie Jones
    56-Andrew Higginson
    57-Sunny Akani
    58-Tian Pengfei
    59-David Grace
    60-Chris Wakelin
    61-Dominic Dale
    62-Joe O'Connor
    63-Jimmy Robertson
    64-Nigel Bond

The 27 players who are on the 2nd year of their 2 year tour card

65-Jak Jones
    66-Pang Junxu
    67-Jamie Clarke
    68-Robbie Williams 
    69-Steven Hallworth 
    70-Ashley Carty
    71-Simon Lichtenberg 
    72-Oliver Lines
    73-Zhao Jianbo 
    74-Ken Doherty 
    75-Gao Yang
    76-Fergal O'Brien 
    77-Rory McLeod 
    78-Allan Taylor 
    79-Aaron Hill
    80-Lukas Kleckers 
    81-Ashley Hugill 
    82-Peter Devlin
    83-Jamie Wilson
    84-Ben Hancorn 
    85-Lee Walker 
    86-Fan Zhengyi
    87-Zak Surety 
    88-Stephen Hendry 
    89-Farakh Ajaib
    90-Iulian Boiko 
    91-Sean Maddocks 

Next we have the 8 highest players on the 1 year list 

92-Chang Bingyu 
    93-Igor Figueiredo 
    94-Xu Si
    95-Louis Heathcote 
    96-Chen Zifan
    97-Jamie O'Neil 
    98-Andy Hicks
    99-Gerard Greene 

Following that we have the 4 players who qualified via the Chinese qualifying events

100-Wu Yize
    101-Zhang Jiankang
    102-Cao Yupeng
    103-Zhang Anda

Following that you have the 4 Invitational cards

2 from the Womans tour
    104-Reanne Evans 
    105-Ng On-Yee

2 from the Mens tour
    106-Jimmy White
    107-Marco Fu

Following that is a deferred tour card from last year Following illness

108-Andrew Pagett

Then we have the Q School Winners

Event 1
    109-Peter Lines
    110-Fraser Patrick
    111-Jackson Page
    112-Yuan Sijun 

Event 2
    113-Barry Pinches 
    114-Craig Steadman
    115-Micheal Judge
    116-Alfie Burden

Event 3
    117-Ian Burns
    118-Lei Peifan 
    119-Dean Young
    120-Duane Jones

Q School Top 2 order of Merit
    121-Hammad Miah
    122-Mitchell Mann

Unfortunately this left world snooker in a tough position the tour normally had 128 players they only had 122 the event that normally filled they other 6 slots couldnt be played due to covid, so to make this up as a one of World Snooker offered the next 6 on the Q School order of merit a 1 year top up card, guaranteeing they will be able to enter every event(baring the home nations events as the empty slots will be filled by the local governing body choosing their own amateur players(which again is brilliant)

So these lucky 6 are.

123-Sanderson Lam
    124- Michael Georgiou
    125-Si Jiahui 
    126-Soheil Vahedi 
    127-Micheal White
    128-David Lilley
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    So there we have it the 128 players who will be competing on this years world snooker tour.

A lot has been made of The women but personally i am looking forward to seeing how Cao Yupeng does.

He was always someone i expected to win titles, and he was so close in that Scottish open final against Neil Robertson.

But obviously he was banned for 30 months for match fixing which ended in November and managed to get straight back on tour, will also be interesting to see how fans respond to him.
  • Options
    John Higgins seems to have got away with from the crowds (not from me) so hope they give the youngster the same courtesy. 
  • Options
    The ‘unsung’ player I am cheering for this season is Hossein Vafaei 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    John Higgins seems to have got away with from the crowds (not from me) so hope they give the youngster the same courtesy. 
    For me the big difference is games that were actually fixed.

Higgins may have been caught agreeing to it and then coming up with that stupid excuse that he thought the mafia was gonna hurt his family if he didnt, but no one knows if he actually would have gone through with it or if hus conscience would have got the better of him, which is why his ban was so short.

Yupeng like like DeLu actually admitted to fixing 3 results in 2016(Delu fixed 5 and didn't help and was found to have been betting when banned from doing so thats why his banned until 2029)

I was actually talking to someone about this the other day and managed to find a report where it mentioned what games were fixed(apologies if you had a bet on any of these and are just finding out you lost cos they were fixed 😉)

YU DELUS FIXED GAMES
    • Indian Open qualifiers: WON 4-3 v Martin McCrudden - 12 February 2015
    • Paul Hunter Classic: LOST 4-1 v Dominic Dale in Germany - 29 August 2015
    • Welsh Open: WON 4-3 v Ian Glover - 15 February 2016
    • European Masters qualifiers: LOST 4-1 v Michael Georgiou - 4 August 2017
    • Shanghai Masters: LOST 5-3 v Kurt Maflin - 15 November 2017

CAO YUPENGS FIXED GAMES

• Welsh Open: LOST 4-1 v Ali Carter - 15 February 2016
    • Indian Open qualifiers: LOST 4-0 v Stuart Bingham - 30 June 2016
    • UK Championship: LOST 6-1 v Stephen Maguire - 24 November 2016
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Welcome back Paulie, thank you for the updates. I really haven't been paying attention of late so will have to look out for when the next tournament is. 

I do think just giving the ladies spots is a bit silly, but then again they do overseas spots too again to players who are not good enough so i suppose its similar in that respect. I'll be rooting for the ladies but would do well to win a match either of them, no disrespect just they haven't in the past shown they are of the required standard. You have to be gutted if you were an amateur snooker player and just outside getting in, but thats life. 

edit - Champions league i dont really follow just proper events. 
  • Options
    Although... Ronnie on today so i might have to watch it, starts at 12 on freesports anyone who wants to follow. Top 1 qualify, two groups today
    Group 6:
    Mark Lloyd(A)
    Higginson
    Holt
    Fergal O'Brien

Group 32:
    Ronnie
    Nasir(A) 
    Joyce
    Burns

Players are ranked by most points and frame difference, in that order. If that is still the same then the result of the match between the players in question will determine the rankings (not implemented in this table)

• Options
    Although... Ronnie on today so i might have to watch it, starts at 12 on freesports anyone who wants to follow. Top 1 qualify, two groups today
    Group 6:
    Mark Lloyd(A)
    Higginson
    Holt
    Fergal O'Brien

Group 32:
    Ronnie
    Nasir(A) 
    Joyce
    Burns

Players are ranked by most points and frame difference, in that order. If that is still the same then the result of the match between the players in question will determine the rankings (not implemented in this table)

I noticed you do this today for Ronnies group.

Championship league started 2 days ago lol where was your update for the first 2 groups 😉😉
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Group 6:
    Mark Lloyd(A)
    Higginson
    Holt
    Fergal O'Brien

Group 32:
    Ronnie
    Nasir(A) 
    Joyce
    Burns

Championship league started 2 days ago lol where was your update for the first 2 groups 😉😉
    I didn't realise buddy, your post made me check as i dont log on weekends, until back in the office Tuesdays.. 

Slight bias, but this one was just pure luck. Happy i haven't missed Ronnie. Bit odd the TV schedule is showing on Premier sports not Freesports... hopefully they make it free for the day or maybe freesports one isn't updated properly. 

PS- I doubt ill be updating this daily
  • Options
    Always thought Higgins has got away with murder to be honest in regards to the cheating scandal 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Group 6:
    Mark Lloyd(A)
    Higginson
    Holt
    Fergal O'Brien

Group 32:
    Ronnie
    Nasir(A) 
    Joyce
    Burns

I didn't realise buddy, your post made me check as i dont log on weekends, until back in the office Tuesdays.. 

Slight bias, but this one was just pure luck. Happy i haven't missed Ronnie. Bit odd the TV schedule is showing on Premier sports not Freesports... hopefully they make it free for the day or maybe freesports one isn't updated properly. 

PS- I doubt ill be updating this daily
    This whole tournament has been appalling.

Day 1 afternoon

Table 1 was only available on facebook
    Table 2 on matchroom.live

Day 1 evening 

Table 1 on freesports 

Day 2 afternoon 

Table 1 on freesports 
    Table on matchroom.live

Day 2 evening 

Table 1 on Facebook 

First tournament of the season and its all of the place and you miss half of Table 1 matches because u cant find where it is.

Its why i havent bothered with the updates lol, its ok to watch and get the season started but even the broadcasters dont care about it
  • Options
    Table 1 is on Facebook again this afternoon @johnnybev1987
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Higgins may have been caught agreeing to it and then coming up with that stupid excuse that he thought the mafia was gonna hurt his family if he didnt, but no one knows if he actually would have gone through with it or if hus conscience would have got the better of him, which is why his ban was so short.

Yupeng like like DeLu actually admitted to fixing 3 results in 2016(Delu fixed 5 and didn't help and was found to have been betting when banned from doing so thats why his banned until 2029)

I was actually talking to someone about this the other day and managed to find a report where it mentioned what games were fixed(apologies if you had a bet on any of these and are just finding out you lost cos they were fixed 😉)

YU DELUS FIXED GAMES

CAO YUPENGS FIXED GAMES

I get that you can unilaterally 'fix' a game for you to lose.....but the 1 x win ?!?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

YU DELUS FIXED GAMES

CAO YUPENGS FIXED GAMES

I get that you can unilaterally 'fix' a game for you to lose.....but the 1 x win ?!?
    Would have been a correct score im guessing, so play a dodgy few frames makes sure you win a couple and your opponent wins 3, get it to 3-3 then play your best in the final frame decider and hope it goes your way lol
  • Options
    Table 1 is on Facebook again this afternoon @johnnybev1987
    Thank you mate, was trying to find on 365 and wasnt in play
  • Options
    OMG will put the full draw on here in a bit but wow stand out tie of the British Open.

Mark Allen will play his Ex Reanne Evans and this come just a few months after he asked the BBC studio to remove her fom set whilst he was practicing for the World Championships as he couldn't concentrate 🤣🤣
  • Options
    OMG will put the full draw on here in a bit but wow stand out tie of the British Open.

Mark Allen will play his Ex Reanne Evans and this come just a few months after he asked the BBC studio to remove her fom set whilst he was practicing for the World Championships as he couldn't concentrate 🤣🤣
    I replied to your twitter post, its been said that Allen will withdraw if he ever gets Reanne in an event, so well see... I hope he doesn't could make for some great TV.
  • Options

I replied to your twitter post, its been said that Allen will withdraw if he ever gets Reanne in an event, so well see... I hope he doesn't could make for some great TV.
    Evans is leading 2-1 in best of 5 at moment. 
    On ITV4 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    British Open
    Round 1
    Results

John Astley 3-1 Zhang Anda 
    Joe O'Connor 3-2 Steven Hallworth 
    Xu Si 3-2 Fan Zhengyi 
    Robbie Williams 3-1 Akani Songsermsawad 
    Liang Wenbo 3-1- Simon Lichtenberg 
    Jordan Brown 3-2 Andrew Higginson 
    Jak Jones 3-2 Lyu Haotian 
    Dylan Emery 3-2 Gao Yang 
    John Higgins 3-1 Alexander Ursenbacher 
    Hammad Miah 3-2 Ben Woollaston 
    Louis Heathcote 3-2 Yuan Sijun 
    Chen Zifan 3-0 Farakh Ajaib 
    Martin O'Donnell 3-2 Gerard Greene 
    Mark Williams 3-0 Tian Pengfei 
    Jimmy White 3-0 Aaron Hill 
    Ken Doherty 3-0 Zak Surety
    Bai Langning 3-0 Ash Carty 
    David Lilley 3-1 Craig Steadman 
    Judd Trump 3-2 Mitchell Mann 
    Matt Selt 3-2 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 
    Ian Burns 3-1 Michael White 
    Liam Highfield 3-0 Stuart Carrington 
    Zhou Yuelong 3-2 Tom Ford
    Mark Allen 3-2 Reanne Evans

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Also from earlier 

147 JOHN HIGGINS 

John Higgins makes the 167th 147 in snooker history and his 12th his last one coming October 2020