Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    Not seen it on Twitter. I thought he was just a bit too aggressive and could have been handled much better. It's pretty tight for space and not always obvious where to stand or whether to sit. It seemed to affect Clarke and that's the real shame of it. He should not have let it get to him and he still should have won at the end. McGill hasn't even played well and he's in the semis. 
    What has been shown just seems a bit of 50/50 , Jamie Clarke probably was in his eyeline but not intentional but has history with previous opponents Perry/ Sunny Akani also complaining about it. It escalated a bit as he didn't apologise, but afterwards there is still something back stage which we dont really know about. Clearly it affected Jamie more and the rest of the match was in awkward silence, barely any snooker courtesy (apologise for flukes) at the end they did elbow and looks fine, Mcgill came on after the win and looked exhausted and gave his view. 
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final 
    2nd Session 

Anthony McGill 10-6 Kurt Maflin 
  • Options
    Shame the dour ginger bloke won the last. That's a big lead at this stage.
  • Options
    Big test of Ronnie's mental strength now losing that opening frame from the position he was in
  • Options
    Wow - what a frame!
  • Options
    That was a huge frame, not looking food for my mate Ronnie, interesting fact my younger brother was named Ronnie after him :) He doesn't play snooker or pool like myself, more into his gaming although was a brilliant footballer but just stopped. 

I dont know what to watch Ronnie or Trump, will be ronnie but really wish i wasn't 'working' so i could watch on TV and the other on laptop. 
  • Options
    Big test of Ronnie's mental strength now losing that opening frame from the position he was in
    Fair to say he has responded well
  • Options
    Comebacks are brewing up nicely on both tables, some effort if Trump and/or Qualify from this. 
  • Options
    Ronnie looks great today. If this match had been over yesterday, Williams would've won easily
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final
    3rd Session(Mid Session Interval)

Kyren Wilson 11-9 Judd Trump 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final

Kyren Wilson 11-9 Judd Trump 
    3-1 session, now needs a 4-1 in the decider minimum. Still not easy but perfect start to the day. Might have to switch over after the break. 
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final

Mark Williams 8-4 Ronnie O'Sullivan 
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final

Mark Williams 8-4 Ronnie O'Sullivan 
    Key frame that one, 2 frames behind would have been looking good as Ronnie has just kicked in, but now still at arm lengths would have felt like a win for MJW 2-2 mini session. 
  • Options
    I'm at work sonot watching. Does Wilson look like he's bottling it?
  • Options
    I'm at work sonot watching. Does Wilson look like he's bottling it?
    Not really, i flicked over and trump made 1 frame clear ups. One Wilson won he looked good and made a 94. Good contest
  • Options
    Wilson looked good that frame, took a few times but kept it tight and was potting some good long balls. Definitely he wont bottle it, Judd needs to produce something special from 12-9 in this form Kyren will not gift it. 
  • Options
    Solid, Trump didn't really get a chance from 11-9 down, Wilson looking very good potting and safeties. on the other table game on now! 
  • Options
    He's done it, well played.Wilson.
    O'Sullivan.makinv a fist of it.
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final 
    Result 

Kyren Wilson 13-9 Judd Trump

The curse of the crucible strikes again
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Real shame that Maflin has folded. One thing I've noticed is he is hopeless with the rest. I can't stand McGill.
    Did you see all the who ha on twitter regarding his fall out with Clarke? Seemed a bit blown out of proportion, twitter can be good sometimes for getting involved had Milkman and Nigel bond like one of my tweets lol someone tweeted how Mcgil was a bully and something went on backstage, which hasn't come to light, then everyone was saying if you are going to say it at least share properly but they wont due to didn't want to betray Jamie Clarkes confidence, basically alot of nothing and had a feeling Mcgil would turn up after such a tense game as he will be more relaxed. Expected better from Maflin after his performances against Higgins. 
    BTW who is good value to follow on zTwitter, snookerwise? 
    Just seen this, sorry mate ill look now:
    Me :wink: same username 
    snookerbacker - controversial but spot on really and great previews
    Matt @ prosnookerblog
    Snooker bunny - Newgirlbianca_  strong views loves her snooker and a rocket (blonde bombshell) 
    Often it will just be something i pick up from one of these or responses and then you try and find out more. I use the #ilovesnooker #comeonronnie alot too so just bits and pieces mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just not what MJW fans wanted, ROS clicked in and played superb. Race to 5, Ronnie is big fave again after coming from 7-2 behind to level 8-8. 

Win/win for me, trump lost and if Ronnie wins great comeback and im happy, if he doesn't i win some wonga from the double :) 
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final 
    2nd Session 

Ronnie O'Sullivan 8-8 Mark Williams 
  • Options
    McGill is so boring. Looks like that kid who turns everything into milk in Misfits
  • Options
    O'sullivan finally finding some fluency. 10-10
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final 
    3rd Session(mid session interval)

Ronnie O'Sullivan 10-10 Mark Williams 
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final 
    3rd Session(mid session interval)

Anthony McGill 11-7 Kurt Maflin 
  • Options
    Serious honesty by Williams to call a foul on himself, ref missed it and he barely touched it, was the slightest of touches
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final 
    Result

Ronnie O'Sullivan 13-10 Mark Williams 
  • Options
    Great ending to that one.
  • Options
    Those post match interviews were nearly as good as the match!