Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    For Jamie Clarke, that played out exactly like our season 
  • Options
    World Championships
    Quarter Final
    Matches + Head to Heads

Judd Trump v Kyren Wilson 
    Judd Trump 8-7 Kyren Wilson 

Kurt Maflin v Anthony McGill
    Kurt Maflin 2-1 Anthony McGill 

Mark Williams v Ronnie O'Sullivan
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 31-11 Mark Williams(3 draws)

Mark Selby v Neil Robertson
    Mark Selby 16-14 Neil Robertson(Robertson has  now won 6 in a row against Selby)

• Options
    edited August 2020
    This is how the final Q School event looks as well

Paul Davison v Rory McLeod

Haydon Pinhey v Jamie Wilson

Brian Ochoiski v Farakh Ajaib

Steven Hallworth v Alfie Burden

These players are 1 win away from a 2 year tour card
  • Options
    That was painful to watch Clarke throw it away. He was the better player for most of the match.

I'm going for Trump, Maflin, O'Sullivan and Robertson but they are all hard to call.
  • Options
    Farakj Ajaib 4-2 Brian Ochoiski 

Farakh is 29 and a first time pro
  • Options
    Jamie Wilson 4-3 Hayden Pinhey 

Jamie is just 16 years old and comes from Havent and is now a professional snooker player for at least the next 2 years, again wi be very interesting to see what he can do 
  • Options
    Ronnie's comments may have been disrespectful, BUT as someone who doesn't tend to watch much snooker these days, it really surprises me how many familiar names from years ago are still high up the rankings, and indeed the number of top players in the late 30s or 40s. In previous decades a wave of younger players would have dethroned the old guard, but that talent isn't there.

It's not as if historically snooker was dominated by older players, the oldest world champion Reardon was only 45, and that was in a different era. Steve Davis won his last world title at the age of 31, Hendry at the age of 30.
    I think there are a few reasons. One is that there aren't many snooker clubs around now. Secondly, kids have so many other things they can do and many would probably rather play snooker on an ipad. The younger players coming through dont seem to have the all round game. They can pot and make centuries for fun but not so good when they have to grind frames out.
  • Options
    Rory Mcleod 4-2 Paul Davison 

That's right Mr Slow himself is back on the tour after a year off, thank god Peter Ebdon has retired and we don't have to worry about Mcleod v Ebdon
  • Options
    Steven Hallworth 4-2 Alfie Burden 

Steven is the final player through, he is back on the tour after dropping off in 2016

Not sure where this will leave Alfie Burden as he said a few months ago if he dropped off the tour that was it he wasnt doing Q School, then he done Q School and has failed to regain his tour card, so not sure if he goes on the Q Tour next year(the Q Tour is basically the same as thd challenge tour its just been rebranded) or does he retire from snooker and go back to football coaching 
  • Options
    Congratulations to these 12 players who have got through the gruelling Q School 

Fan Zhengyi
    Peter Devlin
    Lee Walker
    Simon Lichtenberg 
    Jamie Jones
    Zak Surety
    Oliver Lines
    Ben Hancorn
    Farakj Ajaib
    Jamie Wilson
    Rory McLeod
    Steven Hallworth 

Make the most of the next 2 years 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Felt bad for Clarke, he threw it away in the 24th and had a great chance on the 25th 

Not familiar with either but McGill came across a small but unlikeable 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-8609851/Robertson-calls-revamp-snooker-rules-Jamie-Clarke-Anthony-McGills-heated-exchange.html

McGill walked offstage after almost every frame (Clarke did so once) in the last session, this after a fairly long mid session break. Pure gamesmanship and the referee should have stopped it or at least had a word. As said above, McGill is unlikeable, a graduate from the John Higgins Jocky charm school 
  • Options
    Would I be in a minority in saying that I’m thoroughly enjoying the opening frame of Robertson v Selby? Just appreciating the mostly excellent safety play. 
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final 
    1st session(mid session interval)

Judd Trump 2-2 Kyren Wilson 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Phil said:
    Would I be in a minority in saying that I’m thoroughly enjoying the opening frame of Robertson v Selby? Just appreciating the mostly excellent safety play. 
    I love a safety battle(TBH you cant be a Selby fan and not like safety battles haha)
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final 
    1st Session(Mid Session Interval)

Mark Selby 4-0 Neil Robertson 

Probably going to Jynx him now, but this is good to watch, Selby looks like the Selby of old again, can win a frame in 1 visit, but also as proven in frame 1 can win long drawn out safety battle frame, this is exactly how he played during his brilliant period, really hoping he is on the way back now after a couple of bad seasons by his standards 
  • Options
    My two favourite players so happy whoever wins this one. 
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final
    1st Session 

Kyren Wilson 5-3 Judd Trump 
  • Options
    Massive steal from Robertson and a massive frame

6-1 to 5-2 looks so different 
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final 
    1st Session 

Mark Selby 5-3 Neil Robertson 

At the start of the session Selby would have taken 5-3 but from 5-0 up he will leave disappointed its only a 2 frame gap
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great session that was. I’m looking forward to this match between two of the class of 92. Williams is one my hero’s. Over the years Ronnie has grown on me, I enjoy him on Eurosport. This could be a classic. 
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final 

Ronnie O'Sullivan 2-2 Mark Williams 
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final 

Anthony McGill 3-1 Kurt Maflin 
  • Options

That was painful to watch Clarke throw it away. He was the better player for most of the match.

I'm going for Trump, Maflin, O'Sullivan and Robertson but they are all hard to call.
    All 4 losing at the moment...
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final
    1st Session 

Mark Williams 6-2 Ronnie O'Sullivan 

As Stephen Hendry just said Mark Williams will be gutted thats it for today now, because if they carried on playing this would finish 13-2, he has Ronnie against the ropes, but Ronnie can regroup now and go again tomorrow 
  • Options
    That was mightily impressive from Williams 
  • Options
    He was running round the table at the end.

Boring McGill is giving Maflin a pasting on the other table.
  • Options
    Feel abit sorry for Selby and Robertson, usually there is a session gap in between sessions but not for them 

So Selby v Robertson are playing at 7 tonight then back at 10 tomorrow 

Wilson v Trump who also play at 7 tonight dont come back till 14.30 tomorrow 
  • Options
    Does that mean one match tomorrow is playing at 2.30 and 7.00? That seems crazy. 
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final
    1st Session 

Anthony McGill 7-1 Kurt Maflin