Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    Does that mean one match tomorrow is playing at 2.30 and 7.00? That seems crazy. 
    Yeah Williams v Ronnie

I think I would prefer that tho, they start at 2.30 and finish at 5 say, grab some dinner and have get back in the arena for the evening session.

But Selby and Robertson it could mess there whole nights sleep up, a couple of long frames tonight and they dont finish till 11 then they have to get back to the hotel and try to sleep with the adrenaline rushing through them and be up for the match inthe morning 
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final 
    2nd Session(Mid Session Interval)

Kyren Wilson 7-5 Judd Trump 
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final 

Mark Selby 8-4 Neil Robertson 

Gotta say I am gutted, Selby threw frame 11 away from a great position, should be a 6 frame lead at 9-3 but 8-4 is still good with a session and a half to go, take another 2 frames from the 2nd half of this session and he will just need 3 tomorrow 🤞🤞
  • Options
    Is it just my telly or do the balls look bigger than usual this year?  It’s weird. 
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final
    2nd Session 

Kyren Wilson 10-6 Judd Trump 
  • Options
    Saw the last frame of Trump match, he was all over the place. 
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final
    2nd Session 

Mark Selby 11-5 Neil Robertson 

Not getting to carried away that Selby is in the Semi Final just yet lol, in 2010 the year Robertson won the title at the end of the 2nd Session the score was Martin Gould 11-5 Neil Robertson lol and Robertson won 13-12, Robertson could come out tomorrow a different man, but Selby really is starting to look like the Selby of old not 100% there but he is almost there, the work he has done with Chris Henry is clearly working 
  • Options
    So from all the second round matches bring close, so far none of the quarters are. 
  • Options
    Is it just my telly or do the balls look bigger than usual this year?  It’s weird. 

What have you been putting on them?
  • Options
    People laughing at O'Sullivan because of his post match comments.

I personally think its damn right wrong and out of order.

Someone should ask him why he hasnt won a ranking event this season?

How had Elliot Slessor beat him twice?

Why did he lose to Cahill last year in the World Championship?

There are some quality younger players and they may not have the natural ability he has, but to say they are rubbish and probably only good enough for the amateur game and he would have to lose and arm and a leg to drop out of the top 50 is fucking unprofessional 
    I wouldn't take what he said too literally, but overall he probably has a point if you look at the world rankings.

Selby is 37, so is Murphy, Robertson is 38, Maguire 39, Ronnie 44, Williams and Higgins are 45, Hawkins and Bingham in their 40s too. Apart from Trump (who himself has been around for over a decade) and Wilson, there are no younger players near the top of the rankings.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Some great snooker over the weekend, i have been watching alot, MJW played brilliant yesterday Ronnie was just leaving that first red off the break. Watched the start of Robbo v Selby, masterclass Selby, he knows what to do and executing it perfect. 

Mcgill v Clarke was quite entertaining , just the grudge side of it. 

Hoping Wilson can get rid of trump, i actually have a double i put on Sunday night Wilson + MJW £20, pays £270, Robbo outright isn't looking good but have a free bet on Selby so the way he is playing against Robbo he has a chance. i didn't quite understand the bookies pre match had Ronnie 1/6 on, thats ridiculous against someone as good as MJW, so MJW was 7/2, i thought great value. Wilson was around 5/4 i think so not as much value but had a feeling he would stop Trump, who has struggled and a massive step up for him.

Can Ronnie make it interesting today? Trump needs to win 7-2 to win, huge ask against anyone and Wilson has been playing very well, will the real (Judd) Trump stand up? 
  • Options

There are some quality younger players and they may not have the natural ability he has, but to say they are rubbish and probably only good enough for the amateur game and he would have to lose and arm and a leg to drop out of the top 50 is fucking unprofessional 
    I wouldn't take what he said too literally, but overall he probably has a point if you look at the world rankings.

Selby is 37, so is Murphy, Robertson is 38, Maguire 39, Ronnie 44, Williams and Higgins are 45, Hawkins and Bingham in their 40s too. Apart from Trump (who himself has been around for over a decade) and Wilson, there are no younger players near the top of the rankings.
    Paulie always does, so anti ronnie but hey ho people are entitled to their opinion. Always going to be a mixed reaction, i actually think half of it is said in jest, at his age he shouldn't be near the top and plays half the games. There is a point but i dont think there is any malice intended, just sometimes its hard to challenge yourself. 

He didn't say anything about not losing this time so not quite the same what he said previous, he just said he wont drop out of the top 50 which is fair. 
  • Options
    Seems a bit unfair that Robertson & Selby finished their session late last night & are back out this morning 
  • Options
    Seems a bit unfair that Robertson & Selby finished their session late last night & are back out this morning 
    I dont really get their scheduling sometimes, eg. Ronnie had played 3 days in a row prior to the start of MJW, i know players need to adjust but i feared for him any way as we know he struggles with his consistency nowadays, Tbf MJW played brilliant so not sure what Ronnie could have done but on the face of it i had a feeling he might struggle this match, the longer he gets in the tournament. 

Looks like Selby is about to wrap it up 12-5 and on 44, the real Selby is back in business plays like this and puts the opponents of their rythm and game he will be a tough man to beat. 
  • Options
    I lied, i jumped the gun. Robertson cleared up after a saftey battle and made it 12-6, comeback? i doubt it lol delaying the inevitable. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020

Paulie always does, so anti ronnie but hey ho people are entitled to their opinion. Always going to be a mixed reaction, i actually think half of it is said in jest, at his age he shouldn't be near the top and plays half the games. There is a point but i dont think there is any malice intended, just sometimes its hard to challenge yourself. 

He didn't say anything about not losing this time so not quite the same what he said previous, he just said he wont drop out of the top 50 which is fair. 
    Not about being anti Ronnie, If Trump or Selby had made the comments I would be saying the exact same thing.

Ken Doherty has come out and called O'Sullivan unprofessional himself

When you have someone like Ken Doherty saying it as well maybe there is actually some truth in it rather than it just being me being anti Ronnie.

Would Federer or Nadal say that when they get to the Quarter Final of Wimbledon or the US Open.

You say at his age he shouldn't be near the top but why??
    Snooker isnt an athletic sport where you need to be fit look at Stephen Lee for example 

As long as you have good eye sight and good hand eye coordination then people with natural talent like Ronnie and Higgins will be fine for years.

Age is no barrier whatsoever in snooker, in fact experience probably counts for more.

You also say he didn't say anything about losing just not dropping out the top 50,  he also said most of the players lower down the rankings aren't even good enough for the amateur game, he is supposed to be sn ambassador for the sport, someone players are supposed to look up to, I have already seen young 16 year old Jamie Wilson who is on the tour next year say he used to like Ronnie but after his recent comments Trump is the player he looks up to now 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Fair play to him. Proper interview that.
    Its disgraceful and unsporting but I have put my comments on this in full on the snooker thread so wont go into it here
    I see where you're coming from, but it sounds like frustration from him that better players aren't coming through. Maybe it is said in the hope that players will hear how poor the competition are and they have a go themselves. Drive up the level of competition. 
  • Options

Not about being anti Ronnie, If Trump or Selby had made the comments I would be saying the exact same thing.

When you have someone like Ken Doherty saying it as well maybe there is actually some truth in it rather than it just being me being anti Ronnie.

Would Federer or Nadal say that when they get to the Quarter Final of Wimbledon or the US Open.

Snooker isnt an athletic sport where you need to be fit look at Stephen Lee for example 

As long as you have good eye sight and good hand eye coordination then people with natural talent like Ronnie and Higgins will be fine for years.

Age is no barrier whatsoever in snooker, in fact experience probably counts for more.

You also say he didn't say anything about losing just not dropping out the top 50,  he also said most of the players lower down the rankings aren't even good enough for the amateur game, he is supposed to be sn ambassador for the sport, someone players are supposed to look up to, I have already seen young 16 year old Jamie Wilson who is on the tour next year say he used to like Ronnie but after his recent comments Trump is the player he looks up to now 
    because it was just a joke really, with a little bit of truth. it might be unprofessional but he has an opinion and decided to share it. As ever people who hate Ronnie will always moan whatever he does, remember pre tourney he said about the risks and he might pull out? yet Hamilton pulls out and you change your tune. I am not attacking you but there is bias both ways, instantly because you dont like it you take the negatives, likewise even if it was that bad i would still stick up for him. Its what Ronnie does, he is like marmite, however i would say i prefer characters in the game (not necessarily berating their colleagues) but still id rather he pipes up and more people did rather than be Yes men like Trump and others have regarding Hamilton.

I will leave there as its a pointless debate, you are either Ronnie or not and its fine, just think its funny because if Selby said it (he wouldn't because he is too professional) you would instantly change your tune :) 
  • Options
    edited August 2020

because it was just a joke really, with a little bit of truth. it might be unprofessional but he has an opinion and decided to share it. As ever people who hate Ronnie will always moan whatever he does, remember pre tourney he said about the risks and he might pull out? yet Hamilton pulls out and you change your tune. I am not attacking you but there is bias both ways, instantly because you dont like it you take the negatives, likewise even if it was that bad i would still stick up for him. Its what Ronnie does, he is like marmite, however i would say i prefer characters in the game (not necessarily berating their colleagues) but still id rather he pipes up and more people did rather than be Yes men like Trump and others have regarding Hamilton.

I will leave there as its a pointless debate, you are either Ronnie or not and its fine, just think its funny because if Selby said it (he wouldn't because he is too professional) you would instantly change your tune :) 
    Please dont tell me what I would or wouldn't do.

I already said if Selby or Trump had made the comments I would be saying exactly the same thing

Also maybe have a read back before telling me I changed my tune about Hamilton pulling out, I clearly said what was the point in Hamilton going through Qualifiers just to pull out and have said to a few people that I think the bloke is a complete arsehole, clearly never intended to play in the main event and only went to Qualifiers for the money
  • Options
    Anyway moving on... games are being played 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final 

Anthony McGill 9-3 Kurt Maflin 

• Options
    What do we think the odds Robertson wins from here? Not literally (i haven't checked) cant see it happening. True odds (not bookies) would be about 150/1 from 12-5 down vs Selby surely? now its 12-7 its still probably about 100/1 , 6 frames in a row. I doubt Selby would even panic if Robbo pulls back to 10. 

Looks like writings on the wall for my main bet outright :( shame but Selby has played brilliant and typical Selby manner.  
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Quarter Final 
    Result

Mark Selby 13-7 Neil Robertson 

• Options
    Looked like falling apart for a while did Mark, very pleased he is through
  • Options
    Looked like falling apart for a while did Mark, very pleased he is through
    Inevitable, but could have got interesting the closer Robbo got. a couple frames earlier he could have taken so it could have played on him. 1 frame from 6/ or 8 was always a matter of time.  
  • Options
    Real shame that Maflin has folded. One thing I've noticed is he is hopeless with the rest. I can't stand McGill.
  • Options
    Real shame that Maflin has folded. One thing I've noticed is he is hopeless with the rest. I can't stand McGill.
    Did you see all the who ha on twitter regarding his fall out with Clarke? Seemed a bit blown out of proportion, twitter can be good sometimes for getting involved had Milkman and Nigel bond like one of my tweets lol someone tweeted how Mcgil was a bully and something went on backstage, which hasn't come to light, then everyone was saying if you are going to say it at least share properly but they wont due to didn't want to betray Jamie Clarkes confidence, basically alot of nothing and had a feeling Mcgil would turn up after such a tense game as he will be more relaxed. Expected better from Maflin after his performances against Higgins. 
  • Options
    Not seen it on Twitter. I thought he was just a bit too aggressive and could have been handled much better. It's pretty tight for space and not always obvious where to stand or whether to sit. It seemed to affect Clarke and that's the real shame of it. He should not have let it get to him and he still should have won at the end. McGill hasn't even played well and he's in the semis. 
  • Options
    What a fluke from Maflin!!

He's right back in this 
  • Options
    Did you see all the who ha on twitter regarding his fall out with Clarke? Seemed a bit blown out of proportion, twitter can be good sometimes for getting involved had Milkman and Nigel bond like one of my tweets lol someone tweeted how Mcgil was a bully and something went on backstage, which hasn't come to light, then everyone was saying if you are going to say it at least share properly but they wont due to didn't want to betray Jamie Clarkes confidence, basically alot of nothing and had a feeling Mcgil would turn up after such a tense game as he will be more relaxed. Expected better from Maflin after his performances against Higgins. 
    BTW who is good value to follow on zTwitter, snookerwise?