Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    Ben Hancorn 4-0 Kuldesh Johal 

Ben is 38 and from Judd Trumps neck of the woods Bristol, he is the reigning UK Amateur Champion and its his first time as a pro so like Devlin I am looking forward to seeing how he does
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Round 2
    3rd Session(Mid Session Interval)

Neil Robertson 11-9 Barry Hawkins 
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Round 2

Kyren Wilson 12-8 Martin Gould 

What a big final frame before the Interval for Wilson, he had lost the opening 3 frames and Gould looked like he was gonna win all 4 frames of the session to make it 11-9 Wilson needed 3 snookers and won the frane to go within 1 of victory 
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Round 2
    Result 

Kyren Wilson 13-9 Martin Gould 
  • Options
    World Seniors Championship Draw

Jimmy White v Joe Johnson
    Tony Knowles v Peter Lines

Aaron Canavan v Leo Fernandez 
    Stephen Hendry v Nigel Bond

Ken Doherty v Rodney Goggins 
    Patrick Wallace v Darren Morgan 

Tony Drago v Gary Filtness
    Michael Judge v Dennis Taylor 

Won't happen but a repeat of the 1997 World Championship Final would be great, but probably end up being Aaron Canavan v Patrick Wallace lol
  • Options
    Shame to say Wu Yize and Harvey Chandler have both been knocked out of the final Q School

Robbie McGuigan still hanging on in there
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Round 3
    Result

Neil Robertson 13-9 Barry Hawkins 
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Round 3
    Result

Neil Robertson 13-9 Barry Hawkins 
    5 minutes to early there mate haha! Thought Barry was going to snatch that last frame then! 
    He didn't get the run of the balls in that last session did he!
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Round 2

Kyren Wilson 12-8 Martin Gould 

What a big final frame before the Interval for Wilson, he had lost the opening 3 frames and Gould looked like he was gonna win all 4 frames of the session to make it 11-9 Wilson needed 3 snookers and won the frane to go within 1 of victory 

I'd already switched back to the other game assuming Gould had won. I see he only needed one snooker because Gould hit the black and left a free ball. 
    Wilson and Trump don't like each other much, so could be interesting. 

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Quick Q School update 

Robbie McGuigan and Ben Mertens 2 youngsters with a big future ahead of them will have to try again next year as both are out of the final Q School

Haydon Pinhey is happy atm as he didn't have a round 4 match he was due to face the winner of Jamie Jones v Zak Surety but as both won last night he gets an automatic bye into round 5 lol, luck of the draw I suppose 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really hope Jamie Clarke has got hold of his emotions 
  • Options
    During qualifying Joe Perry complained about Clarke being in his eyeline .. deliberate or not, Clarke has previous. justified or not
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    During qualifying Joe Perry complained about Clarke being in his eyeline .. deliberate or not, Clarke has previous. justified or not
    As I said previously Clarke moved his towel a couple of times, the commentators said it was completely accidental and professional players come out afterwards and said firstly there is no way Clarke would have done it on purpose, secondly chances are it wouldn't have even affected Perry in anyway, it was just an experienced player trying to get into a young players head
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Round 2

Ronnie O'Sullivan 11-9 Ding Junhui

This was about 20 minutes ago lol I was just busy haha
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Round 2
    Result

Ronnie O'Sullivan 13-10 Ding Junhui 

Ding had his chances yesterday, didn't make the most of them and Ronnie pulled away today
  • Options
    People laughing at O'Sullivan because of his post match comments.

I personally think its damn right wrong and out of order.

Someone should ask him why he hasnt won a ranking event this season?

How had Elliot Slessor beat him twice?

Why did he lose to Cahill last year in the World Championship?

There are some quality younger players and they may not have the natural ability he has, but to say they are rubbish and probably only good enough for the amateur game and he would have to lose and arm and a leg to drop out of the top 50 is fucking unprofessional 
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Round 2
    3rd Session 

Jamie Clarke 10-9 Anthony McGill 
  • Options
    People laughing at O'Sullivan because of his post match comments.

I personally think its damn right wrong and out of order.

Someone should ask him why he hasnt won a ranking event this season?

How had Elliot Slessor beat him twice?

Why did he lose to Cahill last year in the World Championship?

There are some quality younger players and they may not have the natural ability he has, but to say they are rubbish and probably only good enough for the amateur game and he would have to lose and arm and a leg to drop out of the top 50 is fucking unprofessional 
    Even though I still think he is the best in the world still... I completely agree with you with this comment mate!
  • Options
    Thought the comments were on the borderline of unacceptable myself. I can't think of many sports personalities that would have the nerve to say similar, but then it is just baiting his mates in the studio and/or repeating the messages Dr. Steve has drummed into his head. 

That they segwayed immediately to McGill v Clarke in a total slogfest, missing colours off the spot did make me chuckle. Got a touch better since mind. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big big news from Q School 

Michael White is out

2 time ranking winner
    Former top 16 player

Wont be on the tour next season 

I don't know what he needs to do and what he is going to do, but he needs to do something to recapture his form that got him into the top 16

He is still only 29 so has plenty of time on his side but he needs to go away and regroup now, because there is no way he should be off the tour

@WelshAddick may have gained Jamie Jones but he has lost Michael White
  • Options
    Ronnie's comments may have been disrespectful, BUT as someone who doesn't tend to watch much snooker these days, it really surprises me how many familiar names from years ago are still high up the rankings, and indeed the number of top players in the late 30s or 40s. In previous decades a wave of younger players would have dethroned the old guard, but that talent isn't there.

It's not as if historically snooker was dominated by older players, the oldest world champion Reardon was only 45, and that was in a different era. Steve Davis won his last world title at the age of 31, Hendry at the age of 30.
  • Options
    Anyone know the Eurosport commentators on the McGill/Clarke match? 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    siblers said:
    Anyone know the Eurosport commentators on the McGill/Clarke match? 
    Been watching on BBC but quickly put Europsport player on

Dominic Dale and Phil Yates
  • Options
    Dominic Dale is the Welsh guy 
  • Options
    Thanks lads! Much prefer the BBC commentary 
  • Options
    Funny as I generally prefer Eurosport 
  • Options
    Jamie Clarke throwing this away ....
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Round 2
    Result

Anthony McGill 13-12 Jamie Clarke 
  • Options
    Reckon something may come out after 

Jamie Clarke looked confused when he congratulated McGill then as they walked off McGill was saying something to Clarke and had an very confronting face.

Wouldn't be surprised if something was said between the 2 as they walked off