Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sordell on loan **CONFIRMED - SEASON LONG LOAN**

Comments

• Options
    are you kidding me, wiggins leaving. no having none of that, use common sense wiggins has been a key part for us and only 2 days ago wrote on the os about how he is ready for the new season which is code for hes staying. powell is a good persuader, if everyones worried about the contract situation, dont be
  • Options
    common sense is we need strikers. they cost money. we have no money. sell a player = money = loanees. would you rather it be Yann?
  • Options
    ok wages are not a problem because we let so many players go so thats not the problem. the problem is just how we get money for bids together
  • Options
    sorry I know you are young. wages are a problem. yes we have trimmed the wage bill but we wouldn't be looking at the likes of McGurk if wages were not a problem. we won't be paying any transfer fees as we have no money. loan fees maybe but not transfer fees.
  • Options
    if wiggins goes who wants to bet it will be for an 'Undisclosed' Fee?
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

I did notice a twitter feed on his site as well Grumpy, with one person congratulating him on his move last night. I can't get on twitter itself, so couldn't see any response or confirmation it was us...fingers crossed all night!! :)

I saw that too, but couldn't work out if it was a tweet to Sordell or from him - and it looked to me that it was dated several days ago. Can anyone on here sort out the confusion? If it happens, it'll be good for us; "Surely we can do better than Church" I posted yesterday before this news broke and some people were quick to shoot me down. The gloss will be tarnished if we lose Wiggins - but not if we sell Stephens.

• Options
    Give them Stephens on a permanent basis rather than pay a loan fee. If rumours of him being home sick for the North are true then get rid as do not think he appears to be committed to the cause.

Only an option if Bolton actually want Stephens and considering his woeful form last year I would be surprised if they were interested!
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

I did notice a twitter feed on his site as well Grumpy, with one person congratulating him on his move last night. I can't get on twitter itself, so couldn't see any response or confirmation it was us...fingers crossed all night!! :)

I saw that too, but couldn't work out if it was a tweet to Sordell or from him - and it looked to me that it was dated several days ago. Can anyone on here sort out the confusion? If it happens, it'll be good for us; "Surely we can do better than Church" I posted yesterday before this news broke and some people were quick to shoot me down. The gloss will be tarnished if we lose Wiggins - but not if we sell Stephens.

He wrote the tweet congratulating his friend on his move to peterborough. Nothing about him moving. Two people have commented on that tweet congratulating him on his move, but they're just random fans
  • Options
    http://youtu.be/M2jPNNGrSoM

Still rather sign mooney ;)
  • Options

Give them Stephens on a permanent basis rather than pay a loan fee. If rumours of him being home sick for the North are true then get rid as do not think he appears to be committed to the cause.

Only an option if Bolton actually want Stephens and considering his woeful form last year I would be surprised if they were interested!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    it's Thursday so press conference day, so maybe someone will ask CP the question, whether we get an open answer is another matter.
  • Options

it's Thursday so press conference day, so maybe someone will ask CP the question, whether we get an open answer is another matter.

If last seasons' Operation Ricardo is any proof, CP will deny it totally... then bring him in permanently on a free within 24 hours. Okay I may be carried away here...
  • Options
    I've also heard that we've signed Ricardo !
  • Options
    Sordell could be good for us .. a southern man who seems not to have settled in Lancashire
  • Options
    Looking at those clips he looks like a Jermaine Defoe type player, Good with both feet and only needs half a yard to have dig at goal.
  • Options
    Probably sign for West ham now
  • Options
    Very good signing. Well done cp.

Church the other I reckon and I aint talking Charlotte
  • Options
    season long loan. I am told... Church got a 2 year deal too.
  • Options
    Great news, well done SCP if true!!
  • Options

Jesus that goal at Oakwell! Second goal I'm the montage I think!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    callum I respect your opinion on players from these leagues what your opinion on sordell
  • Options
    Scoring against Scumwall for Watford in that vid above, love it.
  • Options

Has anyone sat and watched Sordell in more than one match?

We've all seen him in highlights etc but be good to know about his all round play.

Wasn't impressed for Team GB but assume that is a better standard.

First 45 for Bolton last year he tore us a new one. Second he vanished.

Ultimately a better bet than Church or Obika imo.

If that's the home game from last season you are referring to, then he got taken off early in the second half after Bolton went down to ten men
  • Options
    Sordell was signed when Bolton were still in the Premiership and is presumably on Premiership type wages. I find it hard to believe we are willing to pay him the full wages which implies Bolton will continue to cover some of the liability (which in turn would be odd). Anyhow we will see.
  • Options

Sordell was signed when Bolton were still in the Premiership and is presumably on Premiership type wages. I find it hard to believe we are willing to pay him the full wages which implies Bolton will continue to cover some of the liability (which in turn would be odd). Anyhow we will see.

I agree
  • Options

I guess if Bolton get SStephens and pay his wages in full we could afford to spend a little bit more on Sordells wages.
  • Options
    I thought Sordell was signed in the last January transfer window which would be when they were in the Championship? Apologies if I'm wrong. He is probably still on high wages with the parachute payments.
  • Options
    January 2012 he sold i think.
  • Options

Jesus that goal at Oakwell! Second goal I'm the montage I think!
    Anyone who scores goals against France and Millwall is a must have in my book.
  • Options
    Can someone kindly confirm whether he has actually signed for us yet and, if so, what the terms are.