Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sordell on loan **CONFIRMED - SEASON LONG LOAN**

Comments

• Options
    Would 100% rather have Sordell over Obika if both were loan deals. Thought he was great at Watford, destroyed this league.

A move down south and a new environment is exactly what he needs, should thrive with CP's man management.

Praying this is true. Church Sordell Kermo and i'll be very happy, add Fuller to that and there is no reason we can't kick on and challenge for playoffs.
  • Options
    Just rocked up and read all this. Odds on it going belly up?!
  • Options
    From his website:

"Marvin continued his goal scoring form during the 2011/12 season and as a result was rewarded the international honour of a call-up to Stuart Pearce’s England Under 21 side – again scoring on this debut. With his reputation continuing to grow as a potent goal scorer, he left the club – having scored a total of 27 competitive goals in 73 appearances – on deadline day of 2012’s January Transfer Window; to Premier League side Bolton Wanders Football Club.

Marvin made his Premier League debut in February 2012 against Norwich, however the season ended in disappointment as Bolton was relegated from the Premier League on the final day of the season.

So far this 2012/13 season, Marvin has scored 6 goals in 7 starts for Dougie Freedman’s ‘White Army’.

1.79m and from London.

Nice work indeed.
  • Options
    Fantastic signing. My only issue is that it is a loan deal from a championship rival. If he's any good they will probably recall him.
  • Options
    I did notice a twitter feed on his site as well Grumpy, with one person congratulating him on his move last night. I can't get on twitter itself, so couldn't see any response or confirmation it was us...fingers crossed all night!! :)
  • Options
    What a signing
  • Options
    Very pleased if this is true. Hopefully he's match fit and ready to go for Saturday.

So one of Fuller, Church or Obika won't be happening. Unfortunately I reckon it will be Obika.
  • Options
    Great signing if true and well done to the board for supporting Powell bringing in a player he has clearly been after for ages (if true)
  • Options
    Great signing if true and well done to the board for supporting Powell bringing in a player he has clearly been after for ages (if true).
  • Options
    Brilliant news.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shouldn't this be on the happy orgasm day thread?
  • Options
    Twitter comment saying "Congrats on the move" and another saying "Welcome to CAFC, enjoy the ride"
    Therefore I guess this must be true....if so that's a good bit of 11th hour business......congrats to CP et al
  • Options
    Top stuff !
  • Options
    If it is a season long loan, then there is no recall. Unless I am mistaken.
  • Options
    We can all breathe! Best thing too is that he probably will be match fit and ready for Saturday!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Great if true. Waiting for confirmation before getting excited.
  • Options
    This will shut up all the doom mongers etc.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Usually a January recall clause. Bouazza had one.

• Options

cfgs said:

So don't answer the phone in January and all is good.

• Options
    From a potential doom monger

I expected loans mate I said it all month the size of our playing squad aint what bothers me

Potentially a very good signing as long as his watford season wernt a one off

I don't and have not seen enough of him to know if this is a great signing

If it comes through well done all involved shame two players leave to free up the dough but good plate spinning
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

This will shut up all the doom mongers etc.

Most are yet to appear. They wouldn't shut up yesterday.
  • Options
    Just looked him up. Very excited.
  • Options

If it comes through well done all involved shame two players leave to free up the dough but good plate spinning

Can you confirm if the plates are rented?
  • Options
    cfgs said:

cfgs said:

So don't answer the phone in January and all is good.

Probably won't of paid the phone bill anyway ;-)
  • Options
    Fantastic news!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Very good signing - be aware that the board's aim is to sell someone to help pay for it, though. They are targeting Rhoys Wiggins.
  • Options
    ?
  • Options
    Wiggins on his bike?
  • Options
    There we go!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Wiggins or sordell?

Sordell for me. If what AB says is true then i thank the board for being pro active on a matter that needed resolving.