Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sordell on loan **CONFIRMED - SEASON LONG LOAN**

Comments

• Options
    WSAWSA
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    he hasnt as of yet kiwi....................
  • Options

Can someone kindly confirm whether he has actually signed for us yet and, if so, what the terms are.

no not announced and that concerns me too much speculation can see him rocking up at palarse

• Options

January 2012 he sold i think.

My mistake, I'm living in the past and forgot it was 2013!
  • Options

Can someone kindly confirm whether he has actually signed for us yet and, if so, what the terms are.

It's not official yet, just a report on the Bolton News website, which contained no quotes. I'm sure it's a very respectable source though.

• Options
    edited August 2013

callum I respect your opinion on players from these leagues what your opinion on sordell

If you're talking to me, I'd say he has the potential to be a Premier League player. He's not near that level yet though otherwise we'd obviously have no chance of bringing him in...

He's fairly experienced in the Championship for a 22 year old forward with almost 100 appearances & 31 goals but is still working out his best game (he was converted from a wide forward to playing off the last man at Watford I think) and that means he can be frustrating to watch and has off days. Also took a while to settle at each of his new clubs as both Watford and Bolton didn't see the best of him in his first year, hopefully he can do better than that with us.

All that said, when he's good he's very good and can turn Championship defenders inside out with his pace and quick feet. The type of goal he'll score is comparable in style to Defoe or BWP. Lots of poacher-type efforts where he'll find himself in the right place at the right time but equally, he can bang them in from long distance once or twice a season.

If you weren't talking to me, there's my brief scout report anyway. :-)
  • Options
    was you mate and thank you that's the sort of info I was looking for as I know little about him
  • Options
    We've ended our interest in McGurk, I imagine that means we've set our sights elsewhere, whether or not this is Sordell/Church/Fuller/AN Other...
  • Options

Is it time to dance round the front room in my underpants yet?

Should have been doing that YESTERDAY, MIA !

Did we ever doubt that SCP would get his man ????

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I also understand he is left footed so could he double up as am alternate for Callum?I understand we have now ended our interest in McQuirk.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be good to unviel harry kane at the same time purely for the fact we have signed these 2.
  • Options
    Bit worrying that we havent formally announced either Sordell and Church / Fuller when the press conference must have finished. CP must have been asked questions, and if nothing has come out in public, it makes you think that maybe the deal hasnt been done.
  • Options

January 2012 he sold i think.

31 January 2012 Sordell, Marvin A. Watford Bolton W. 3,500,000

From Rollin 2012-13, p.576

• Options

Bit worrying that we havent formally announced either Sordell and Church / Fuller when the press conference must have finished. CP must have been asked questions, and if nothing has come out in public, it makes you think that maybe the deal hasnt been done.

The press conference was just Chris Powell's usual 'Thursday before the match on Saturday' press conference. Signings wouldn't be announced at it.
  • Options
    Does anyone have a twitter feed from press day? Surely the subject of Sordell was brought up?
  • Options
    "Charlton Athletic FC @CAFCofficial
    The first #PressDay of 2013/14 is off and under way. Reaction to follow on the O/S. #cafc
    "

Is all that is said on twitter.
  • Options
    Two footballers I can still remember in my minds eye from last season are Perkins of Barnsley and Sordell. They both had very impressive games at the Valley and struck me as proper footballers. If Sordell's basic game is as good as the one we saw then we should hope we get him and pray he stays fit.
  • Options
    Gazcafc81 said:

"Charlton Athletic FC @CAFCofficial
    The first #PressDay of 2013/14 is off and under way. Reaction to follow on the O/S. #cafc

"

Is all that is said on twitter.
    Which I thought was interesting as don't they usually put quotes on there as it progresses?

• Options
    Yes that or at least a follow up to the conference. Nothing only a tweet about our mascots.
  • Options
    They are waiting for Jim White to arrive in his helicopter so they can announce the signings live.

He can then give Rhoys a lift to wherever he needs to go for his medical.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

Two footballers I can still remember in my minds eye from last season are Perkins of Barnsley and Sordell. They both had very impressive games at the Valley and struck me as proper footballers. If Sordell's basic game is as good as the one we saw then we should hope we get him and pray he stays fit.

I was very impressed with Perkins, first time I had seen him live last year and thought he looked like Alan Smith from a far. He ran the midfield that game, not that our midfield really touched the ball as it was just defenders hoofing it up to fuller who had two defenders on him at all times!

• Options
    Sky news saying he is very close to signing as well as church
  • Options
    On skysports news were really close to signing both sordell and church :)
  • Options

Hmm - very close is still not done if that were the case. Meaning the chances of him being poached elsewhere would be high.
  • Options
    Entire press conference now available on cafc player aparently - http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20120830-audio-pressday-343031.aspx
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    No higher than any other transfer at any other club...
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Hmm - very close is still not done if that were the case. Meaning the chances of him being poached elsewhere would be high.
    You worry to much damo. All will be sorted soon.
  • Options

seth plum said:

I was very impressed with Perkins, first time I had seen him live last year and thought he looked like Alan Smith from a far. He ran the midfield that game, not that our midfield really touched the ball as it was just defenders hoofing it up to fuller who had two defenders on him at all times!

'Boris' Perkins always plays well against us, he stood out when playing for Colchester, though that hair does make himeasier to spot!
  • Options

You worry to much damo. All will be sorted soon.

You're not the first person to say that..............
  • Options

Entire press conference now available on cafc player aparently - http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20120830-audio-pressday-343031.aspx

Can't see it on cafcplayer. Anyone else had better luck?