Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sordell on loan **CONFIRMED - SEASON LONG LOAN**

Comments

• Options
    Just can't help himself
  • Options
    Smacked in the balls while being patted on the head?
  • Options
    Don't see why we would sell another one to finance a loan

Oh dear if true shame wiggins is not tied into a longer contract to maximise his value then maybe we couldve bought sordell
  • Options
    Ffs if we have to sell to loan a player then we are well and truly fecked. Hope WIggins stays as his a class act.
  • Options
    Sell Stephens. Where's Villa's number gone?
  • Options
    Sell Whiggins, Evina first choice LB with Fox backup, I guess I could live with that although I'd rather we kept Wiggo.

With his injury problems last year (wasn't he injured a bit the year before?) I assume any fee we get will be fairly nominal, maybe a few hundred grand.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Wiggins or sordell?

Sordell for me. If what AB says is true then i thank the board for being pro active on a matter that needed resolving.

You can't have one senior striker in any circumstances and we have Evina and Fox for left back, so I have some sympathy for that view. It's the overall picture that matters, but of course you'd hope to get a lot more for Wiggins - if he goes - than you'd pay to loan Sordell for a year.

If Chris only sees half or less it's actually more cost cutting. But otherwise we have to accept that management is about making difficult choices. The other question is the extent to which Chris is the one making them. Anyway, it hasn't happened yet.
  • Options
    I don't understand - Bolton want to buy Wiggins?
  • Options

Don't see why we would sell another one to finance a loan

Oh dear if true shame wiggins is not tied into a longer contract to maximise his value then maybe we couldve bought sordell

Does seem an odd thing to do. It would mean we end up with nothing at the end of the season. No wiggins, money spent on sordell and he goes to a club that can buy him.
  • Options
    In reality most of our players and management are on season long loans considering the contracts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know little about Sordell so can't comment on that but if AB is correct that we shall sell Wiggy then so be it. If we have to sell to buy I would rather we sold Wiggy than any of our other young players, we have Evina to take his place and isn't Wood a leftie who can also play at LB?
    Also we and all other clubs are selling clubs if the price is right, so let's hope, if it's true, we get a good price for him.
  • Options
    Lets just see what happens before we all start shitting ourselves again. Who knows, we might still be able to shift Stephens for a few quid.

Well done the board and CP for bringing in Sordell. An area that needed serious addressing and it's been addressed in part.

I have faith in Evina to be a decent Left Back anyway.
  • Options
    I think we are more than adequately covered in that postition if the real wiggo goes then I just hope we get a decent ammount but I fear the ten months left on his contract will more than half his value
  • Options
    Let's wait and see what happens can imagine there being quite a few rumours in the next few weeks many of which won't end up happening
  • Options
    Lets keep this on Marv please moving forward. Start another thread on Rhoys if we want to speculate/crap our pants
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Would seem bizarre to flog Wiggins to finance a loan. What's even more bizarre is getting someone in the door before someone goes out. I thought that wasn't an option this summer.

How did you come about that info AB?

On Sordell, would be a cracking signing. Just hope Bolton don't recall him halfway through the season if he does well. Then we could be back to square one.
  • Options
    If this is true i can stop running around the room screaming in a blind panic....and start running around the room screaming with joy.
  • Options
    Without looking back and checking am I right that our upturn in form at the back end of last season coincided with Rhoy's return from injury?

If so then getting rid is madness. Also why did we haggle so much to just put Evina on a one year deal when we're about to get rid of the only man in front of him?
  • Options
    Has anyone sat and watched Sordell in more than one match?

We've all seen him in highlights etc but be good to know about his all round play.
  • Options
    Absolutely rediculous if its true. I know we have a seemingly adequate replacement for wiggins but selling any of your top players just to fund a loan or two is madness. If he does well he'll probably go back and if he does badly he'll probably get sent back. So we're potentially selling arguably one of our best players for a striker who needs to be mediocre for us to keep him for more than half a season. If we can't afford sordells wages without selling a £750k+ valued player then we need to look elsewhere.
    Who knows though, hopefully if it does have to happen it will be to fund a permanent signing as well (obika?)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just wanted to let you all know....... Im in 2017 on fifa 14 and Sordell plays up front for PSG and is RAPID. Case closed ;)
  • Options
    It prob won't even happen, calm down.
  • Options

Has anyone sat and watched Sordell in more than one match?

We've all seen him in highlights etc but be good to know about his all round play.

Wasn't impressed for Team GB but assume that is a better standard.

First 45 for Bolton last year he tore us a new one. Second he vanished.

Ultimately a better bet than Church or Obika imo.

• Options

Would seem bizarre to flog Wiggins to finance a loan. What's even more bizarre is getting someone in the door before someone goes out. I thought that wasn't an option this summer.

How did you come about that info AB?

On Sordell, would be a cracking signing. Just hope Bolton don't recall him halfway through the season if he does well. Then we could be back to square one.

Its also dépendent on how well bolton are doing as well.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Akogwx8g4

Pre-season brace against Shrewsbury: 1:24 and 3:39 for the goals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=929NeB9NtQY

Another pre-season goal against Rotherham here: 1:03
  • Options
    Will wait till this ones confirmed as we've no idea whether for a month, 6 months or a year.

On paper, exactly what we need. Slight character doubt over why Bolton will happily ship him out to a potential rival.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Wiggins is imo one of our most important players. Would be gutted to lose him. Especially to finance a loan. At the end of the year that money will be gone and if sordell does well Bolton will ultimately be the ones benefiting.

Also, if we pay a loan fee for sordell, which we no doubt will, then there will be no recall option.
  • Options
    If it happens thats good news, and better than some of the cast offs we ave been looking at.
  • Options
    Who is say they'll even find a buyer for wiggins. In 10 months he won't cost a penny.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

Who is say they'll even find a buyer for wiggins.

well I can't see them shipping in Sordell, esp if a loan fee is involved, unless they had interest in Wiggins otherwise it could cost them and we are tring to cut costs.

PS - happy with Sordell, let's hope he's fit