Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The "Straight Red" Thread.

Comments

• Options

Trainers with a suit #straightred

I hope you never suffer with gout or a similar inflammatory condition.

Sometimes wearing a soft shoe like a trainer or sandal is the only way people can get to work.

I know.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    LenGlover said:

Sometimes wearing a soft shoe like a trainer or sandal is the only way people can get to work.

I know.
    Id hope that the several people i see on the train in the morning commiting this offence dont have gout. They're about 30 years old.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

I know.
    Id hope that the several people i see on the train in the morning commiting this offence dont have gout. They're about 30 years old.
    Perhaps they have a long walk and change into work shoes at the other end?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

I know.
    Perhaps they have a long walk and change into work shoes at the other end?
    well yeah probably Len. ffs most of the things on this thread have meaning behind them, but thats not the point of #straightred
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Wearing trackies and shoes

tucking your jumper in your trousers ?

• Options
    Men who walk around shirtless in the heat
  • Options
    Men that wear shorts in near arctic temperatures whilst wearing a t-shirt, jumper, fleece, coat, wooly hat and gloves at the same time. In particular, posties.
    Normal people that point and talk at those posties aren't saying "f@£k me, he's well 'ard". They are in fact questioning the state of their mental health.
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

yes. why? specially when you're overweight and stink.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

DeeBee said:

Len would like to point out that removing their shirt may cool them down?
  • Options

Curb_It said:

DeeBee said:

Roared at that having just read the above posts. Sorry Len!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

getting your knob out on the 63 bus.

I get the 63 everyday but am yet to get my knob out !
    I remove my genitalia from my underwear every day but I'm yet to get the 63 bus.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Using the phrase 'yolo'

Using any e-mail/text abbreviation in speech, even when trying to be ironic.
  • Options

People wearing glasses with no lens in them because they don't actually need them!!

Absolutely. As someone with really bad eyesight, it's almost like a hate crime to me. OK, maybe that's a bit strong, but it really gets my goat.
  • Options
    People who phone you during Wimbledon...Bastards all of them!
  • Options
    Ordering a Fosters 'top' #straightred
  • Options
    DanDavis said:

• Options

Men that wear shorts in near arctic temperatures whilst wearing a t-shirt, jumper, fleece, coat, wooly hat and gloves at the same time. In particular, posties.
    Normal people that point and talk at those posties aren't saying "f@£k me, he's well 'ard". They are in fact questioning the state of their mental health.

In relation to this, people who drive a convertible car but then have a hat/scarf etc on
  • Options
    DanDavis said:

@Tor

• Options

Curb_It said:

DeeBee said:

Roared at that having just read the above posts. Sorry Len!
    Not a problem.

Garry just touched a nerve, fortunately not literally, as I'm wearing sandals myself at work today, although not with a suit, as my ankle and foot is playing up.

I really couldn't get a shoe on so had no option.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    are you wearing socks with those sandals and shorts but with a hoodie and gloves though @lenglover I really need to know! :-)

ps> hope you feel better soon!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

are you wearing socks with those sandals and shorts but with a hoodie and gloves though @lenglover I really need to know! :-)

ps> hope you feel better soon!

Left the hoodie at home today Suzi!

Once the anti inflammatories do their worst I'll be fine. Just takes a bit of time.
  • Options
    Tennis crowds chanting. #straightred

Particularly the uber-camp 'let's go Roger, let's go'
  • Options
    people at cash points who proceed to use their entire family's cards.

z-list celebs on "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here" insisting they've been on a "journey" after they've eaten an ant and slept on the floor.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Next time it's cold, maybe you'll have to wait a few months, go outside in a shorts and jumper/coat. Or just go outside in shorts and a t shirt. Having worked outside, come rain or shine for 10 years I honestly believe it's psychological that your legs get cold. My head gets cold, my neck does and my torso does too, but I genuinely don't feel the cold on my legs unless we're talking below zero temperatures. And if I CAN get away with wearing shorts, I will. Absolute comfort. I groan every October when I have to start putting And while we're on the subject, if any of the clothes mentioned on this thread can be justified through comfort reasons, then that's fine as far as I'm concerned. Trainers and a suit being a prime example. Life is way too short to choose appearance over comfor

Next time it's cold, maybe you'll have to wait a few months, go outside in a shorts and jumper/coat. Or just go outside in shorts and a t shirt. Having worked outside, come rain or shine for 10 years I honestly believe it's psychological that your legs get cold. My head gets cold, my neck does and my torso does too, but I genuinely don't feel the cold on my legs unless we're talking below zero temperatures. And if I CAN get away with wearing shorts, I will. Absolute comfort. I groan every October when I have to start putting on trousers again. And while we're on the subject, if the wearing of any of the clothes mentioned on this thread can be justified through comfort reasons, then that's fine as far as I'm concerned. Trainers and a suit being a prime example. Life is way too short to choose smartness over comfort. Unless you're going for a job interview, wear what you like.

Maybe this should have gone on the drunk thread but hopefully it makes sense.
  • Options
    I don't think some people get the straightred thread
  • Options
    P.S. sorry for the double post

P.P.S. I can honestly say I've never put on shorts in an attempt to look 'ard'.
  • Options
    mrs brown live its a repeat of the series funny but not what it should've been
  • Options
    Men who watch The Only way is Essex #straightred
    Gout #straightred
  • Options
    Giving a mate a lift home from pub and dropping them at a junction 400yds from their house for a grand journey saving of 46 seconds #straightred
  • Options

LenGlover said:

I know.
    I've suffered with chronic gout since I was 19, but I still wouldn't wear bumpers with a suit mind.......