Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The "Straight Red" Thread.

Comments

• Options

People who insist on wearing a tie in hot weather. Or, perhaps, anyone who wears a tie

The tie - the most useless item of clothing ever invented. Don't give me that tosh about 'it makes the neckline look tidy' and other such rubbish. I've yet to hear of the world coming to and end because a man's Adam's apple was on display. It's all Beau Brummel's fault.
  • Options
    mk dons.
  • Options
    Saw a bloke this morning on the train in a pair of Lacoste flip-flops.
  • Options

People who insist on wearing a tie in hot weather. Or, perhaps, anyone who wears a tie

The tie - the most useless item of clothing ever invented. Don't give me that tosh about 'it makes the neckline look tidy' and other such rubbish. I've yet to hear of the world coming to and end because a man's Adam's apple was on display. It's all Beau Brummel's fault.
    The tie was actually invented before shirts came with buttons and it literally 'tied' your shirt together. I agree it's obsolete now though and I look for any excuse to not wear one.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

Trainers with a suit #straightred

I hope you never suffer with gout or a similar inflammatory condition.

Sometimes wearing a soft shoe like a trainer or sandal is the only way people can get to work.

I know.
    Id hope that the several people i see on the train in the morning commiting this offence dont have gout. They're about 30 years old.
    Perhaps they have a long walk and change into work shoes at the other end?
    Still a straight red.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

The tie was actually invented before shirts came with buttons and it literally 'tied' your shirt together. I agree it's obsolete now though and I look for any excuse to not wear one.
    Not a lot of people know that. OK, I admit, was useful, now useless. You don't need an excuse not to wear one, just don't. I don't wear them to weddings, funerals, interviews or Japan. Never stopped me getting married, seeing someone buried, getting a job (I wouldn't to work for anyone who thought I couldn't do the job because I didn't wear a tie) or entering the land of the rising sun.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

JaShea99 said:

Not a lot of people know that. OK, I admit, was useful, now useless. You don't need an excuse not to wear one, just don't. I don't wear them to weddings, funerals, interviews or Japan. Never stopped me getting married, seeing someone buried, getting a job (I wouldn't to work for anyone who thought I couldn't do the job because I didn't wear a tie) or entering the land of the rising sun.
    I bet your name's Tyler :-) or perhaps no Tyler
  • Options
    Flip-flops. Inexcusable, anywhere. Ghastly sight and sound. Women should wear heels at all times.
  • Options

cafctom said:

The shoes with the pulled up socks AND suit jacket to go with it. Didn't even look like he was on a windup either.

This sort of get-up was quite common in Melbourne during the summer I visited 30 years ago: grown men going to the office in smart jacket, khaki shorts, long white socks and black shoes. No, no, no.

"Quote" rel="AddicksAddict">
    cafctom said:

The shoes with the pulled up socks AND suit jacket to go with it. Didn't even look like he was on a windup either.

(AddicksAddict - see my earier posting about Melbourne, above.) I saw this quite a lot in Sydney - wearing shorts to the office in Australia is perfectly acceptable but you have to wear long socks and a shirt and tie. It might be acceptable but it still looks absolutely stupid. #straightred
  • Options
    will.i.am

Everything about him, straight red.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People wearing open toed sandles or flip flops without carrying out basic foot hygiene.
  • Options
    I see that flip-flops are rightly getting a pasting on this thread. Burn the lot of 'em.
  • Options
    Coventry city
  • Options
    cafctom said:

will.i.am

Everything about him, straight red.

This. Steals other artist's music boots "boom bang" over the top and rakes it in.
  • Options
    Leg warmers and studs on tongues.
  • Options
    British people not supporting Murray at Wimbledon.
  • Options

That'll be me then
  • Options
    charltonJ said:

This thread

The " General things that annoy CharltonJ
  • Options
    Men holding a baby in ruck sack / baby hold all - straight red
  • Options

Bugger first time in my 60 years I ever got a red card.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More than 2 paragraphs in a post on CL zzzzzzzz
  • Options

This. Further 3 match ban if they trot out the line 'it cos he hates the English'.
  • Options

This. Further 3 match ban if they trot out the line 'it cos he hates the English'.
    Its cos he's always got a face like a smacked arse and I just don't like him.
  • Options
    Straight red for me. Put my moped in for a service. Left my house keys in my bike. Missus is away on holiday. Noones got a spare. Ffs. Sitting on my doorstep in 100 degree heat in my jeans.
  • Options

Straight red for me. Put my moped in for a service. Left my house keys in my bike. Missus is away on holiday. Noones got a spare. Ffs. Sitting on my doorstep in 100 degree heat in my jeans.

Ouch!
  • Options
    40ish year old man on the train just now saying to his missus, "look at that, we're on top of the river now" ... Early shower for you mate!
  • Options
    Straight red to my missus for insisting on committing 'un-natural acts'. I. Don't. Like. It.
  • Options

Wow, how many games ban is this?
  • Options
    Mmmmm like a bit of back fat.
  • Options

Mmmmm like a bit of back fat.

Would ya?