Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options

I wouldn't swap solly for any player in the west ham team.

Not even Andy Carroll? Much as I admire Solly I'd have to consider that particular swap....

• Options
    Poor man's Kermorgant.
  • Options

Seriously?!

Noble and Carroll for starters for me. Like Solly but he really is not the next coming of gary neville or cafu
  • Options

Nor would I but if he goes this summer, and goes to WHU, then Vaz Te as part of the deal would be acceptable IMHO.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Vaz Te is on a wedge isn't he? I thought upwards of 15 at least. I've also read he demanded 26k in recent contract negotiations.

No way he's coming here. I'd much rather have straight cash for Solly and let CP spend it however he wants. Given a couple of mill who knows what signings he could pull off.
  • Options

Thanks for the clarification mate. Given the opportunity , who would u fancy as CF signing ?

Well yes .... Gower dale hughsie mid 3 Pritchard and Jacko tucked in, yann on his own. Could work but no width , If we had the confidence to play tiki taka we could dominate possession

But who breaks from midfield ?

I like Ebanks-Blake who you mentioned. Obviously depends on funds but would be very unhappy with Church and Robinson. Neither are an improvement on BWP imo so pointless. Obika, Blake and maybe someone physical to back up Kerms would be good.
  • Options

Thanks for the clarification mate. Given the opportunity , who would u fancy as CF signing ?

Well yes .... Gower dale hughsie mid 3 Pritchard and Jacko tucked in, yann on his own. Could work but no width , If we had the confidence to play tiki taka we could dominate possession

But who breaks from midfield ?

I like Ebanks-Blake who you mentioned. Obviously depends on funds but would be very unhappy with Church and Robinson. Neither are an improvement on BWP imo so pointless. Obika, Blake and maybe someone physical to back up Kerms would be good.
  • Options
    Christ we haven't got a hope of signing anyone we've ever heard of I reckon.
  • Options

Christ we haven't got a hope of signing anyone we've ever heard of I reckon.

We're going round and round in an ever-decreasing spiral of speculation - all good fun. Less than two weeks to go until kick-off at Park View Road....

• Options
    Of course I would like a raft of quality signings but after giving it careful thought I think I would accept the current squad as it is with the addition of one real quality striker and one striker as a punt. I think we can cover the rest. Not ideal but better than spreading what money we do have too thinly with journeymen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Of course I would like a raft of quality signings but after giving it careful thought I think I would accept the current squad as it is with the addition of one real quality striker and one striker as a punt. I think we can cover the rest. Not ideal but better than spreading what money we do have too thinly with journeymen.

It's a good thought, to retain a small and tightly-knit squad that inspires a fierce team spirit, making us hard to beat. Without much cover in defence we need to be lucky with lack of injuries.

• Options

It's a good thought, to retain a small and tightly-knit squad that inspires a fierce team spirit, making us hard to beat. Without much cover in defence we need to be lucky with lack of injuries.

Soly / Wilson
    Cort, Dervite, Morrison, Feeley
    Wiggins / Fox

Midfield would ideally get a quality playmaker but I think we could survive.

Plus the one push the boat out striker and sensible punt striker.

I would take that.
  • Options

Soly / Wilson
    Cort, Dervite, Morrison, Feeley
    Wiggins / Fox

Midfield would ideally get a quality playmaker but I think we could survive.

Plus the one push the boat out striker and sensible punt striker.

I would take that.
    I like your idea. I imagine it's always difficult to know exactly when to launch the youngsters in to the first team. There's a lot to be said for being bold; an injury to Solly or Wiggins next season (heaven forbid) might be the right chance for someone to step up from the U-21s. I agree with you that recruiting tired journeymen on the cheap might well be counter-productive.

• Options
    Could do with Evina signing back up, a real beast at CB and CM, a cracking RW and 2 srikers if we wanted to go for Promotion.

To do ok, one decent striker and some luck with injuries shuld be just about enough.
  • Options

To do ok, one decent striker and some luck with injuries shuld be just about enough.

One? To compliment the one we have got? Sign only one striker and we are relegated, end of.
  • Options
    Can't see us having less than 4 senior strikers, so that's a minimum or 3 signings. It might take until the end of the transfer window but any less we won't have enough numbers or quality to even stay in this division.
  • Options
    I agree Scoham. Four is a necessity for strikers like centre backs but if there genuinely is no money then perhaps a smarter approach would get in two and have a youngster as fourth. I just don't want to see us getting in people for the sake of it. If we can't push on because of money then so be it. Wasting what we do have on journeyman to make up the numbers is not the way to go. Time will tell but I can't see three proven front men coming in.
  • Options
    Having four strikers is not enough. Especially if we play 442. Remember when we only had d bent, m bent, jfh and lisbie!
  • Options

Having four strikers is not enough. Especially if we play 442. Remember when we only had d bent, m bent, jfh and lisbie!

Very few clubs would carry more than four senior strikers.

• Options

4 is more than enough. You start to have 5 or 6 then you will have two unhappy players who wont even make the bench.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Starting to find it a bit odd that there are in fact hardly any decent rumours concerning us at this stage. We usually have a couple at least of our targets that slip into the public domain. Those ITK are also deadly quiet. It seems all we have at the moment is wild speculation and Obika which wasn't that hard to work out.
  • Options
    Maybe we're going back to old Charlton where we manage to do our work on the quiet?
  • Options
    Think we have sorted a few and they will be made public a week Monday, when they become free agents (as we did with Matt Taylor), no inside knowledge for this only a plain old guess.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Maybe we're going back to old Charlton where we manage to do our work on the quiet?

That's my thought, WSS.

Under the radar.

• Options
    Perhaps we are skint and we are trying to ship a few players out to free up some money to bring in some strikers. It would be good if a few deals were done before we go to Spain.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Perhaps we are skint and we are trying to ship a few players out to free up some money to bring in some strikers. It would be good if a few deals were done before we go to Spain.

This unfortunately

• Options
    more like down the side of the sofa---to find and loose change than under the radar.
  • Options
    No players have been to the valley for talks yet but a few agents have but don't know who they represent
  • Options
    Someone please make some kind of rumour up. Need some excitement in my day
  • Options

Someone please make some kind of rumour up. Need some excitement in my day

OK: George Boyd will pull the strings in our midfield and Craig Bellamy will partner Yann up front....

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!