Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options
    Usually im patient with signings but it's actually getting boring now :-(
  • Options
    Waggy is better than Bradford surely
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

Usually im patient with signings but it's actually getting boring now :-(

The transfer window hasn't even opened
  • Options

there's only one way to find out...
  • Options
    According to the Journo Alex Aldridge the Spanners are in for Nicky Bailey but his wife' has jumped the gun by some distance '.
  • Options
    Would be more than happy to welcome Jay Bothroyd back, liked him when he was here and he's got much better since.
  • Options
    My typical Bothroyd conversation with my brother was, 'Bothroyd looks so clumsy and awkward on the ball. Oh, he's just scored...'
  • Options
    Bothroyd would come expecting first team football and I personally dont think him and Yann would work up top together.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

My typical Bothroyd conversation with my brother was, 'Bothroyd looks so clumsy and awkward on the ball. Oh, he's just scored...'

Ha ha. Mine too, with my brother.

• Options

Would be more than happy to welcome Jay Bothroyd back, liked him when he was here and he's got much better since.

Would rather have Aidy Bothroyd upfront!! Can't see it happening anyway with the sort of wages he's likely to be asking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I've been itching to comment on our self-imposed transfer embargo, but swore to myself that I wouldn't comment until Monday week when pre-season training starts......
  • Options
    I think they're back in on Weds Golfie
  • Options
    kafka said:

iaitch said:

lolwray said:

Addickted said:

Oostergaard scored the Welsh goal of the season in a 3-2 defeat at The Racecourse Ground back in 1980

now thats what i call trivia ? download from u tube available ?

Trivia? That strike by Oostergaard is legendary! We contrived to lose 6-0 at Wrexham around that time, too.

I think we lost 6-0 then the following week we lost 3-2 after being 2-0 up, one was in the FA Cup the other a league game, not sure what way round it was.
    6-0 was FA cup...sadly, I was there.

Try to cheer up, about losing 6-0 at Wrexham. I was at Chester City, the old Sealand Road ground, 80-81, where we got completely tonked 4-0 - and we still went up....

• Options
    kafka said:

They will push for promotion if they make them signings.
  • Options
    Madz said:

Some of these strikers must be able to make the step up its just a case of finding the right one and playing to their strengths rather than making them adapt to how we play. Few people rated Benson, but he scored loads of goals (albeit in lower leagues) because he was getting regular service from Danny Green at D&G, but we never played the two of them together and Benson rarely got fed enough to score the goals we needed but still got 10. Leon Clarke, he scored goals everywhere but with us. McLeod is the same, scored goals except for us. For us these were all poor strikers, but is it because they were poor or because we didn't give them the ball where they wanted it? Probably the former to a lot of people but goal scoring is about instinct and confidence.

A good midfield can make all the difference.

If we had players who could provide regular service to our strikers who knows what can be acheived. I think with Harriott, Pritchard improving all the time with his crosses, Jackson, Gower and Green we have some players who can get assists in. Just need some strikers and i hope they come in soon so they can start building those relationships with the rest of the team.

I think the opposite, we need some creativity in midfield.

Jackson more of a goalscorer but my first choice on team sheet.
    Green will not provide assists in championship
    Gower strikes me as more of a holding/keep possession player than a creative one.
  • Options
    I think Hanson would make the step up to league 1 well but the Championship would be a step too far I think.

• Options
    I do agree with most apart from I see mark gower as a final ball supplier

Said it before but we have a few players who are very good on the volley. Jacko and yann certainly are skilled at this. As u saw from brizzle, gower has the ability to put the ball exactly where yann wants it

I see more goals coming from crosses to feet next season
  • Options

I

would be happy if that is true about evina.

If we have some money for wages, I'd like us to be cute with the free agents. 1 years with the option for another year weighted in our favour.

There are some decent players out of contract, Ebanks-Blake , Simon church, theo Robinson - I'd have these fellas more than some of the other names mentioned for centre forward option.

I bet Yann kermorgant, when faced with the challenge of a one striker squad, would run off Death himself.

However I am sure scp has someone up his sleeve

No thanks! Saw both for Huddersfield and both were awful. Robinsons record is poor and Church isn't the same player as a few years back. Would rather Azeez and Pigott than these two
    To use your own turn of phrase, no thanks to placing unrealistic expectations on the young lads.

I also love to promote from within but are you really suggesting start the season with one senior striker? Church and Robinson might not be great, I don't know, I am not a scout. But just using them to illustrate there are decent players on frees.

I'd welcome theo Robinson here with open arms. He could assume the Haynes role but hopefully less injury prone
  • Options
    WSS said:

I think they're back in on Weds Golfie

You should have told him they don't go back til next May
  • Options
    edited June 2013

I've been itching to comment on our self-imposed transfer embargo, but swore to myself that I wouldn't comment until Monday week when pre-season training starts......

Don't bother Golfie, we all know what you'll say.

Blah is crap, blah is crap, blah is crap & I'm getting really worried that we're gonna be relegated :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I

would be happy if that is true about evina.

If we have some money for wages, I'd like us to be cute with the free agents. 1 years with the option for another year weighted in our favour.

There are some decent players out of contract, Ebanks-Blake , Simon church, theo Robinson - I'd have these fellas more than some of the other names mentioned for centre forward option.

I bet Yann kermorgant, when faced with the challenge of a one striker squad, would run off Death himself.

However I am sure scp has someone up his sleeve

No thanks! Saw both for Huddersfield and both were awful. Robinsons record is poor and Church isn't the same player as a few years back. Would rather Azeez and Pigott than these two
    To use your own turn of phrase, no thanks to placing unrealistic expectations on the young lads.

I also love to promote from within but are you really suggesting start the season with one senior striker? Church and Robinson might not be great, I don't know, I am not a scout. But just using them to illustrate there are decent players on frees.

I'd welcome theo Robinson here with open arms. He could assume the Haynes role but hopefully less injury prone

absolutely not, a striker has to be our biggest priority right now. But Church and Robinson are not good enough. Both of those will end up in League 1 IMO. I just meant I would rather give our young strikers a chance than sign either of those. If thats the best we can attract, we're going down.
  • Options
    Dale Stephens is still our player is he not? Mark Gower may not be the only midfield 'supplier' option, who knows.
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarification mate. Given the opportunity , who would u fancy as CF signing ?

Well yes .... Gower dale hughsie mid 3 Pritchard and Jacko tucked in, yann on his own. Could work but no width , If we had the confidence to play tiki taka we could dominate possession

But who breaks from midfield ?
  • Options
    Jon Taylor has accepted a new contract at Shrewsbury, putting that connection to bed.
  • Options

Jon Taylor has accepted a new contract at Shrewsbury, putting that connection to bed.

I didn't even know he'd left Duran Duran.

• Options
    Did Chris Powell say that he wanted to get "business done early" or did I just make that up ?
  • Options
    Nope he wanted to. What you want and what you get are two different things though.

Especially when the guy holding the purse strings is in court the week before players come back for pre-season training.
  • Options
    I didn't know pre-season training was a criminal offence?
  • Options
    Ricardo Vaz Te up for sale from West Ham, apperently.
    Would be a great signing. On loan if we couldn't afford a fee.
    Or part of any deal for Solly??
  • Options
    I wouldn't swap solly for any player in the west ham team.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!