Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options

Scoham said:

Agree Exiled, that's what I was getting at in the Bradley Jordan thread. We bring through the better young players, but when it comes to those that might not be quite good enough we let them go rather than give them a chance.

Looking back at last season, it might be better to give someone like Fox a few games at left back over signing an average player like Seabourne (whether that's on loan or a free). If he doesn't look like he's going to make the step up we can let him go.

We're in the Championship, not the Prem, and as long as we're not fighting relegation why not give a player we're not sure about a chance. We might just develop one of those players into a useful squad player. By 20/21 they shouldn't be far off the first team.

In fairness when we bought seabourne in we was on a bit of slippery slope but then turned the corner with wins against Cardiff, burnley and b city.
    True, he did a job at the time, but now several youngsters have had a year at u21 level (and some have gone out on loan) I hope we'll be looking to give them a chance.

The other example is loaning young Prem players - did Razak and Frimpong really want to be here? "Limited" players like Hughes and Pritchard proved to be far more effective.
  • Options

Bailey would improve us - No question IMO

Agreed. Hope it's us.

• Options

We'll need nla for that translation ;0)

Just ask mum!
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Agree Exiled, that's what I was getting at in the Bradley Jordan thread. We bring through the better young players, but when it comes to those that might not be quite good enough we let them go rather than give them a chance.

Looking back at last season, it might be better to give someone like Fox a few games at left back over signing an average player like Seabourne (whether that's on loan or a free). If he doesn't look like he's going to make the step up we can let him go.

We're in the Championship, not the Prem, and as long as we're not fighting relegation why not give a player we're not sure about a chance. We might just develop one of those players into a useful squad player. By 20/21 they shouldn't be far off the first team.

In fairness when we bought seabourne in we was on a bit of slippery slope but then turned the corner with wins against Cardiff, burnley and b city.
    True, he did a job at the time, but now several youngsters have had a year at u21 level (and some have gone out on loan) I hope we'll be looking to give them a chance.

The other example is loaning young Prem players - did Razak and Frimpong really want to be here? "Limited" players like Hughes and Pritchard proved to be far more effective.
    And Pritchard is a perfect example of how much and how quickly and player can develop if given regular first team experience. A season and a half ago he was 4th or 5th choice. Now he's probably one of the first 4 or 5 names on the teamsheet.
  • Options

Bailey would improve us - No question IMO

Agreed. Hope it's us.

If he can stay fit he would be good for us. Really would not like him to turn up at Smallwall.

• Options
    I know it's only rumours but Jackson and Bailey to Millwall would show they have intent. Berylson has said that they want a team to challange for the premier league. Both of those I would like to see at Charlton. I hope we are looking at that same quality.
  • Options
    I doubt you will see either Jackson or Bailey at Charlton.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Source?

• Options
    Different Bailey if this excellent source is to be believed.

20 Jun 2013 15:31:19
    Free Agents Matthew Bates and Patrick Kisnorbo are attracting interest from Charlton who are seeking cover in defence. Birmingham also interested as they seek to replace the departing Curtis Davies.

Jay Bothroyd has been released by QPR and Crystal Palace are monitoring his situation.

19 Jun 2013 14:48:57
    Derby County

outs

Frank Fielding - Bristol City 300k
    James Oconnor - Bristol City 160k
    Theo Robinson - Shrewsbury 400k
    James Bailey - Charlton 200k
    Nathan Tyson will see out his contract as no clubs will express interest.
    Adam Legzdins wants to stay and be number 2
  • Options
    James bailey was one of the many rumours from last summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How tall is he ?
  • Options
    The James Bailey that was sent on loan to Coventry?
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Source?

Bloke said.

• Options
    I haven't posted this because it is a bit tenuous,but here goes. On the last game of the Season for the u21s at the training ground, two sharply suited gentlemen were talking and I was doing my best to eavesdrop. It would appear that they were football agents and they were talking about Patrick Kisnorbo being offered to Charlton and also Ipswich being interested. That is it, they walked away after that. I told you it was a bit tenuous.
  • Options

lolwray said:

Addickted said:

Oostergaard scored the Welsh goal of the season in a 3-2 defeat at The Racecourse Ground back in 1980

now thats what i call trivia ? download from u tube available ?

Trivia? That strike by Oostergaard is legendary! We contrived to lose 6-0 at Wrexham around that time, too.

Remember the 6.0 very well, FA Cup tie!

• Options
    Bradley wright Phillips having trial with New York red bulls on ssn
  • Options
    According to a journalist I know in Yorkshire, Bradford have rejected a bid from us for a striker of theirs. He reckons its James Hanson not Nakhi Wells.
  • Options

According to a journalist I know in Yorkshire, Bradford have rejected a bid from us for a striker of theirs. He reckons its James Hanson not Nakhi Wells.

Can't believe that, the bloke is pony
  • Options
    Nakhi Wells sounds like a character from the league of gentlemen

Good player though
  • Options
    How old is Kisnorbo now? I would have taken him a few years back under Parky.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kisnorbo is thirty two.
  • Options
    Kisnorbo would have been at Leicester with Powell
  • Options
    Would love to see Nahki Wells play for us
  • Options
    mr.se7 said:

Different players, I know, but can't help thinking of Izale McLeod.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

mr.se7 said:

Different players, I know, but can't help thinking of Izale McLeod.
    Agree.
  • Options
    Some of these strikers must be able to make the step up its just a case of finding the right one and playing to their strengths rather than making them adapt to how we play. Few people rated Benson, but he scored loads of goals (albeit in lower leagues) because he was getting regular service from Danny Green at D&G, but we never played the two of them together and Benson rarely got fed enough to score the goals we needed but still got 10. Leon Clarke, he scored goals everywhere but with us. McLeod is the same, scored goals except for us. For us these were all poor strikers, but is it because they were poor or because we didn't give them the ball where they wanted it? Probably the former to a lot of people but goal scoring is about instinct and confidence.

A good midfield can make all the difference.

If we had players who could provide regular service to our strikers who knows what can be acheived. I think with Harriott, Pritchard improving all the time with his crosses, Jackson, Gower and Green we have some players who can get assists in. Just need some strikers and i hope they come in soon so they can start building those relationships with the rest of the team.
  • Options
    Kisnorbo selecta.
  • Options

Sorry forgot to add that it looks like its going to be a CAFC reunion at Bradford.

Therry Racon and Waggy in talks with them.

• Options
    Nakhi Wells looks a class act to me against too opposition this year in Villa and Arsenal. Hanson is a league 2 player all day. Kisnorbo is shot to pieces.
  • Options
    But doesn't the rumour relate to Hanson not Wells ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!