Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options
    Wasn't M'voto linked with us before he went to Southend during Parky's reign?
  • Options
    Powell likes M'voto could see that happening.
  • Options
    We were linked with M'voto when he was at Sunderland.
  • Options
    Doesn't sound like Green is going anywhere.

Danny green ‏@dannygreen_7 39s
    Back in essex. Great holidays in Crete and New York! A week now before pre season starts!
  • Options

Doesn't sound like Green is going anywhere.

Danny green ‏@dannygreen_7 39s
    Back in essex. Great holidays in Crete and New York! A week now before pre season starts!

Not necessarily, still under contract at CAFC so has to report to pre-season.
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 1m
    Jerome Thomas set to sign two year deal with #cpfc. Everything sounds agreed.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

cafc-west said:

Richard J said:

Elliott Ward has signed for Bournemouth:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22968449

AFC Bournemouth: Elliott Ward urges Cherries consistency

New Bournemouth signing Elliott Ward has urged his new team-mates to adapt to life in the Championship quickly.
    The Cherries return to English football's second tier after an absence of more than two decades and will host Charlton on the opening day.
    And Ward, who has spent several seasons in the Championship, knows what to expect from the division.
    "We need to try and start well and get the consistency straight away," Ward told BBC Radio Solent.
    Ward, 28, began his career at West Ham but was signed by Coventry for £1m in 2006 and moved to Norwich on a free transfer in May 2010.
    He has struggled with a persistent knee injury and spent much of last season on loan at Nottingham Forest.
    There was much interest in the centre-back, who joined the Cherries on Tuesday, but Ward says manager Eddie Howe sold the vision of the club to him and he is relishing working with Bournemouth's boss.
    "The biggest pull for me was how much the manager wanted to bring me here," he said.
    "After meeting with the manager I was very impressed with the ambition and where they want to go.
    "I enjoyed my time at Norwich, the decision wasn't taken lightly, and I had to talk it over with the family but that was quite simple as it (Bournemouth) is a lovely place,
    "The more they sold the club to me it became an easy decision.
    "There was a lot of interest but when things start to get a bit serious it starts to cool but I did have to make a decision and I'm very pleased with the one I've made."
    Ward added: "The meetings I had with him (Howe) were very productive, they told me how they want to play and that was massive for me.
    "I've also heard a lot from players who know him and how he works and how they enjoy it. That was one of the pulls that brought me here and I cannot wait to get started."

Thought this was a Rumours thread...?
    Put it in because he is a player who from time to time has been linked with us and there does not seem to be a better place to put it.

Ah ...... the new Darren Purse.

;o)
  • Options
    Come on then... Who wants to make up a song for one of them?
  • Options
    Surely for the development squad , look about 16
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sammy391 said:

16 and 20.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

sammy391 said:

16 and 20.
    Did you translate it successfully ? Mine just brought back the original
  • Options
    Brothers Arnor fleets, Green Thor Gudmundsson, players Aftureldingar, will hold in mid-July to England on trial at English club Charlton Athletic. they will stay for ten days pushing and practicing and playing matches with Charlton Arnor Snaer was born in 1993 but he is a defensive and midfielder. Arnor is the second captain Aftureldingar league. Thor Green was born in 1997 and play as a midfielder, but he is the captain of 3 Aftureldingar class. Both have they played with Aftureldingu his entire career and they have also both played junior national teams of Iceland.

Frétt frá Fótbolta.net. Sjá alla fréttina: http://www.fotbolti.net/news/19-06-2013/birkir-og-arnor-til-charlton-a-reynslu#ixzz2Wh4amzBH
  • Options
    What's the language ? Finnish ?
  • Options
    Icelandic...
  • Options
    Someone had posted it on one of the Facebook pages, Icelandic apparently.
  • Options
    We'll need nla for that translation ;0)
  • Options
    I don't like that glassy look in their eyes.
  • Options
    Apparently Nicky Bailey had a medical in London today, from another forum. Millwall..?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013
    sammy391 said:

LuckyReds said:

sammy391 said:

16 and 20.
    Did you translate it successfully ? Mine just brought back the original
    Yeah Google Chrome did it automatically, not the best translation though! From what I gather:

- They're both going to be on trial for 10 days during mid-July.
    - The 20 year old, Arnor Snaer, is a defensive midfielder - and the second captain of the league team (?)
    - The 16 year old, Thor Green, is also a midfielder - and a captain of his class (?)

As for team, Afturelding, they play in the Icelandic third tier.

Here's the original translation:
    Brothers Arnor fleets, Green Thor Gudmundsson, players Aftureldingar, will hold in mid-July to England on trial at English club Charlton Athletic. they will stay for ten days pushing and practicing and playing matches with Charlton Arnor Snaer was born in 1993 but he is a defensive and midfielder. Arnor is the second captain Aftureldingar league. Thor Green was born in 1997 and play as a midfielder, but he is the captain of 3 Aftureldingar class. Both have they played with Aftureldingu his entire career and they have also both played junior national teams of Iceland.
  • Options
    Thor!!!
  • Options
    The Herminator !
  • Options

What's the language ? Finnish ?

He's not finnish, he's only 20.
  • Options
    Can I be the first to say.....................

They will never make the grade at Charlton but will probably be good enough at a lower level.

I have formed this opinion after never seeing them play.

• Options

They will never make the grade at Charlton but will probably be good enough at a lower level.

Speaking of the northern latitudes, who remembers Viggo Jacobsen and Johnny Oostergard?

• Options
    edited June 2013

Speaking of the northern latitudes, who remembers Viggo Jacobsen and Johnny Oostergard?

Unfortunately I do. (Unfortunately due to age no other reason)

• Options
    They could have the skills of Messi - but if they are not 6 foot tall, they don't make the grade.
  • Options

We'll need nla for that translation ;0)

He only shops in Iceland, not sure he will be much help

• Options

Unfortunately I do. (Unfortunately due to age no other reason)

I too have the misfortune of age...! Poor Viggo just didn't have the strength for the old Second Division. Oostergard had a peculiar running style - barely lifted his feet off the ground, like an ice hockey player. Which he was, back in Denmark!

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!