Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options
    i think SCP could do more for SJs career than the other 2 ...but money talks in the end expect he ll go to who ever will pay the most
  • Options
    Obika to be revealed with the new kit? Or jacques maghoma????

• Options

Obika to be revealed with the new kit? Or jacques maghoma????

Or neither?

• Options
    Lol very very possible
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

As people are suggesting I can see the club announcing someone with the new shirts, like what happened with Danny Green

A cup , or Obika?
  • Options

DeeBee said:

As people are suggesting I can see the club announcing someone with the new shirts, like what happened with Danny Green

A cup , or Obika?
    Very good!
  • Options
    I suppose with Jackson, the way to look at it might be that we'd consider him a very good signing for say £500K. Without having to pay that fee, an element of it could be added to boost what the club would consider a good weekly wage.

Say £500K on a 2 year contract could add c.£4,800 per week to a salary.

Have to say, I still baulk looking at figures like that for a weekly wage, let alone £12K.
  • Options
    I have heard that Jackson to Millwall is all but done.
  • Options

Jackson to Millwall will be bad news for us, at the moment I don't think we have got a pot to piss in!!
  • Options
    Bilko said:

Jackson to Millwall will be bad news for us, at the moment I don't think we have got a pot to piss in!!
    Or we've decided that £12k a week can be spent better elsewhere. The next few weeks will certainly provide the answer!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If smallwill want to pay 12k aweek on a player
    Like jackson that is crazy business in a season where ffp comes in

• Options
    I think we should be able to do better for 12K a week - let Millwall have him!
  • Options
    Where does this figure of 12K a week come from? How do we know what Millwall are offering him?
  • Options
    edited June 2013

How tall is he?

(Don't regularly post) Used to bump into him quite a bit. I'd say he's roughly 5ft 10. Very good player, but if there is 2m available it could be spent a bit more wisely imo
    Interesting. Were you at Brighton for our game last season? I listened on the radio and by all accounts Solly was stretched to the limit, coping with him.

Unfortunately I wasn't at the game at Brighton. He is quite an explosive winger and has scored a couple of free-kicks against us in recent years, but I reckon he's too hit and miss to be worth forking out £2m on, particularly as we don't appear to have a lot to spend.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Where does this figure of 12K a week come from? How do we know what Millwall are offering him?

It's not a real transfer window without people shouting at random numbers they read on the internet
  • Options

dickplumb said:

It's not a real transfer window without people shouting at random numbers they read on the internet
    I make you right there Gary, so many people stressing about missing out on players like Simeon Jackson and the like. Powell will bring in the players that are in our budget and fit in with the Charlton identikit. Ie of the right character and work ethic. I trust him to do what is best for Charlton. Some of the stories on Facebook and Football transfer forums are ridiculous. But I suppose it passes the time until the season starts.
  • Options
    Udinese reject 8 million bid from an unnamed Prem club for Vydra
  • Options
    Why would simeon jackson actually even think of going to a club like millwall? If I was a football player I wouldnt dare step foot in that horrible club with all that occured last year.
  • Options
    Was in the paper i think as well
  • Options

How tall is he?

(Don't regularly post) Used to bump into him quite a bit. I'd say he's roughly 5ft 10. Very good player, but if there is 2m available it could be spent a bit more wisely imo
    Interesting. Were you at Brighton for our game last season? I listened on the radio and by all accounts Solly was stretched to the limit, coping with him.

Unfortunately I wasn't at the game at Brighton. He is quite an explosive winger and has scored a couple of free-kicks against us in recent years, but I reckon he's too hit and miss to be worth forking out £2m on, particularly as we don't appear to have a lot to spend.
    I thought he was their most dangerous player against us, but chatting with some of their fans after the game - well they weren't so appreciative of him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013
    we wont even have a total transfer budget including n wages of £2 million. Closer to naff all than 2 mill.
  • Options
    If Millwall were really in for Jackson, why did they sell their best striker when flying high and get outbid for another on loan??

Lua Lua plays left and cuts inside for Hollywood shots. Are we going to drop Harriott to accommodate him?
  • Options
    'They' said Obika was going to be unveiled wearing the new kit. Right I'm boycotting everything right now.
  • Options

'They' said Obika was going to be unveiled wearing the new kit. Right I'm boycotting everything right now.

It will be the away kit FACT
  • Options
    Jerome Thomas to Palace
  • Options

Jerome Thomas to Palace

past his best - and his best was only fleeting
  • Options
    Evans Kangwa supposedly signing for us
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Zambian striker
    He was supposed to have had a trial at Watford at the start of this year but a delay in his visa scuppered that one.
  • Options
    And wont play for us any time soon
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!