Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options
    Lualua is yanns brother in law.
  • Options
    Is he really worth 2mil? Looking at his stats he hasn't played that much for Brighton since he joined. I'm hoping there is truth to it but at a much lower fee.
  • Options
    How tall is he?
  • Options
    He's really good on his day. Brighton fans love him so doubt he'll be leaving.
  • Options
    More chance of Hugh Hefner handing me his house keys.
  • Options

How tall is he?

(Don't regularly post) Used to bump into him quite a bit. I'd say he's roughly 5ft 10. Very good player, but if there is 2m available it could be spent a bit more wisely imo
  • Options

How tall is he?

(Don't regularly post) Used to bump into him quite a bit. I'd say he's roughly 5ft 10. Very good player, but if there is 2m available it could be spent a bit more wisely imo
    Interesting. Were you at Brighton for our game last season? I listened on the radio and by all accounts Solly was stretched to the limit, coping with him.

• Options
    2 mil my arse is he worth that
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited June 2013
    Most of Lua Lua's appearances for Brighton in the last season were as sub (18 out of 24) with just 19 out of 51 starts in 2 seasons for Brighton. That would be 2 million for a midfielder super sub then.

Not very likely.

Question is, why so many subs starts if he is that good and worth 2 million ?

• Options
    The fact he was used more often than not as a sub by Poyet is not really the question. Perhaps the way Brighton set up means that was the most effective way of using him. The real question of course is, is he worth two million ? I think the answer to that question is a resounding no which throws enormous doubt onto the whole rumour.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Football Rumours :

15 Jun 2013 22:16:16
    David Mooney close to making a return to Charlton after expressing a desire for more first team football.

15 Jun 2013 22:11:48
    Charlton Athletic are on the verge of completing the signing of Clayton Donaldson. Confirmed in the local press that a bid had been accepted.
  • Options

Football Rumours :

David Mooney close to making a return to Charlton after expressing a desire for more first team football.

Charlton Athletic are on the verge of completing the signing of Clayton Donaldson. Confirmed in the local press that a bid had been accepted.

Neither are anywhere good enough for the Championship.
  • Options
    Football Rumours borders on satire.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Football Rumours :

Neither are anywhere good enough for the Championship.
    Neither are anywhere good enough for Rumours Rumours!!!
  • Options

Football Rumours :

Clayton Donaldson's stats are fairly impressive: a goals-per-game ratio of better than one in three - albeit in lower leagues with York, Crewe and Brentford. Seems to have avoided serious injury, turning out for around 40 games a season. Can he step up to the Championship?

• Options

Football Rumours :

Clayton Donaldson's stats are fairly impressive: a goals-per-game ratio of better than one in three - albeit in lower leagues with York, Crewe and Brentford. Seems to have avoided serious injury, turning out for around 40 games a season. Can he step up to the Championship?

No. He is more Akpo Sodje than Yann Kermogant. We need to set our sights higher, not lower. I would much rather give the youngsters a go, or keep BWP, than sign someone like Donaldson.
  • Options
    Think about it. At present we have Yann. The youngsters are not ready. We need to bring in three strikers. Donaldson has without doubt looked good in League One. Can he step up to be a Championship player ? Who really knows. Doubt he would command too much in wages ? Could be a cheap and potentially worthwhile punt as fourth choice striker ? Not suggesting the rumour is correct but I don't think the player should be dismissed out of hand just because he has never played in the Championship.
  • Options
    I like Donaldson. He's quick, strong, skillfull and knows how to find the back of the net.

Was starting ahead of BWP for Brentford too.
  • Options
    comparisons with akpo sodje aren't too wide of the mark in that they both have awkward styles and are a nuisance for defenders, but i think donaldson is technically a lot better.
  • Options
    Always been an admirer of Donaldson. I definitely think he could make the step up. A bit worried how much Brentford may want for him though.

We'd definitely need a small pacey player to go alongside him and Yann (and Obika hopefully) to give us options though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If David mooney played for Charlton again I'd stop supporting us
  • Options
    If he's good enough, sign him.

Don't buy into all this "he's from a lower league" nonsense...

Charlie Austin was a brick layer and playing non league. He got a couple of goals this year didnt he?
  • Options

If David mooney played for Charlton again I'd stop supporting us

Surely they must mean Rooney.

• Options
    I'd take Donaldson. Quick, strong, good finisher.
  • Options
    Donaldson scored 24 goals last season. We have one striker. Definitely worth a look
  • Options
    Mooney is a wind up, Donaldson would be useful
  • Options
    Looks like I'm in a minority of 1 about Donaldson. I've seen him a few times and i don't reckon he's good enough - nothing about him having always played in lower leagues. We'll see. Would love to be proved wrong.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Looks like I'm in a minority of 1 about Donaldson. I've seen him a few times and i don't reckon he's good enough - nothing about him having always played in lower leagues. We'll see. Would love to be proved wrong.

Maybe not in the minority as such. I would prefer more higher profile players, but its not likely to happen if we haven't got the budget. This guy is big and strong which seems to be the type of player Powell likes. He scores goals at lower league level but who is to say he can't make the step up. Time will tell. If we signed him i'd give him a few chances (as just one seems harsh) but i would hope we had other targets in mind as well. Not Mooney though please no. its funny i'm sure that one is a wind up from my mate. He is an Orient fan and he keeps slating Mooney and i jokingly said to him we'd like him back as he is a great player (tongue in cheek obviously) and the next day that comes out.

• Options
    What was wrong with Mooney? - I never saw him play, so really don't know. We've had our fair share of crap strikers in recent years: Benson was pretty useless; despite being taller than Yann, for instance, he hardly ever won a header. And Hayes wasn't much cop either. Akpo Sodje? Joe Anyinsah? Naaaah.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

What was wrong with Mooney? - I never saw him play, so really don't know. We've had our fair share of crap strikers in recent years: Benson was pretty useless; despite being taller than Yann, for instance, he hardly ever won a header. And Hayes wasn't much cop either. Akpo Sodje? Joe Anyinsah? Naaaah.

It's easier to list what was right with him.

1. Nothing
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!