Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options

18 goals from the wing is a decent end product albeit in Div 4

Not bad. Even Callum Harriott would shine in Div 4.

Thought he shone in The Championship.

I'm expecting him to continue his good progress next season.

• Options

Harry forrester

Are you just shouting out random names or are you thinking we should sign him?
  • Options

Harry forrester

Are you just shouting out random names or are you thinking we should sign him?
    Gianluca Festa
  • Options
    Simeon fish
  • Options
    That Nigerian striker who has been on about us for ages has put on twitter that he's coming back to us for trials after the U20 world cup.
  • Options

That Nigerian striker who has been on about us for ages has put on twitter that he's coming back to us for trials after the U20 world cup.

How tall is he?

• Options
    5'11" rubbish.
  • Options

Charlton stalker alert ;-)

• Options
    Kerm, Obika and Waghorn would be very decent strike force with maybe one of the younger players stepping up or another loan coming in as an alternative depending on form/fitness of the others.

One of the main things we have all learnt from Powell's tenure is just because your a bit underwhelmed at a signing, this means nothing in the long run. Powell knows Waghorn from his time at Leicester so would trust his judgement.

Although there has been no real rumours about Fryatt, after a long injury and Hulls promotion, would imagine Hull would listen to offers, could also be an option.
  • Options

Charlton stalker alert ;-)

He is as well and now he's had Semi Ajayi to stalk and all!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcdan18 said:

Kerm, Obika and Waghorn would be very decent strike force with maybe one of the younger players stepping up or another loan coming in as an alternative depending on form/fitness of the others.

One of the main things we have all learnt from Powell's tenure is just because your a bit underwhelmed at a signing, this means nothing in the long run. Powell knows Waghorn from his time at Leicester so would trust his judgement.

Although there has been no real rumours about Fryatt, after a long injury and Hulls promotion, would imagine Hull would listen to offers, could also be an option.

Sounds very practical and realistic. Very good point about trusting Powell's judgement: Kerm had no track record at Leicester but immediately looked good with us, a class above Benson and Hayes, for instance. So perhaps Powell does think Waghorn has more to offer. But have we ruled out being able to afford someone with a better strike rate, like Baldock?

• Options
    How many of us were excited if the Kerm signing? I didn't pass judgement. But look how he's turned out??

On the flip side...How many of us were excited when Rommedahl signed? Look how he turned out, apart from goals against Palace...

Every team would love a 20 goal a season striker. You don't have to spend millions to get this. With a player who has raw natural ability, along with the right coaching and service, you can create a decent striker for little money.

With reference to; Clive Mendonca, bought for £771,320
  • Options
    Waghorn is average. No thanks (as said already).
  • Options
    Would love Maghoma on right, Harriot on the left, Jackson and Hughes/Gower in the middle. Yann Obika up top. Wiggins Solly Morrison and Dervite with Hamer in goal. Playoffs surely?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

@Oddschanger: Chris Powell has this morning been backed into 9/2 from 40/1 at #SkyBet to be the next #Wigan manager - (http://t.co/2XPzetatgi) #WAFC #CAFC

Nathan Prior must have laid this weeks 50p bet ;-)

• Options
    11 new posts and no new rumours. :-(
  • Options
    12 :)
  • Options
    Solly to West Ham I'm hearing again.
  • Options

Solly to West Ham I'm hearing again.

Source?

• Options
    Powell at 66/1 for Wigan Manager on SkyBet. Hopefully they are right!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought West Ham signed a RB. Rat.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Whelan appears to have suggested he will choose an unemployed manager rather than one with a club in order to avoid paying compensation.
  • Options
    craigcafc said:

cafc-west said:

Whelan appears to have suggested he will choose an unemployed manager rather than one with a club in order to avoid paying compensation.
    It'll be the Wally with the Brolly, or Coyne - surely. Surely?

• Options

I thought West Ham signed a RB. Rat.

He's a left back.

• Options
    If Solly is away and buying a house in Medway area then my source obviously knows something.
  • Options

If Solly is away and buying a house in Medway area then my source obviously knows something.

Solly to Gillingham???
  • Options

Is your source Lucy Alexander, and Solly is on Homes Under The Hammer next month?
  • Options
    For a moment I thought you said Solly is a Hammer next month.
  • Options
    At least we won't have to worry about Wigan taking Powell now... it's Owen!
  • Options

I don't mean to be rude but if the equation is; 'Solly is buying a new house = Solly is going to West Ham', then I think that's a touch presumptuous.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!